Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

internet logic is so fun

Last posted Oct 10, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT. Added Oct 07, 2012 at 05:35AM EDT
14 posts from 12 users

it's just is, the internet hive mind is such a fabulous thing like this fine example:

-/b/tard: "I like calling eveyone faggots, troll, cyber bully, hack websites I don't like and I spread toxic, hatred and hostility all over the internet.

internet: "meh, sure, why not, you're cool"

-9gagger: "i like posting pictures that that i find in random places but don't don't bother crediting the source and I make silly jokes that sometimes stink"

internet: OMFG!!! CANCER!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!! FAGGOTS! YOU ARE RUINING THE INTERNET!!!

so nice

jenny wrote:

welcome to the internet.

…we've got fun and games.
we got everything you want honey, we know the names.
we are the people that can find whatever you may need.
if you got the money, honey, we got your disease

Papa Coolface wrote:

…we've got fun and games.
we got everything you want honey, we know the names.
we are the people that can find whatever you may need.
if you got the money, honey, we got your disease

Oooo in the Internet…

In the interneeeeeeeet….

Where you have stick-sticky keys… Keyyss..

Hope that's just a sneeze

Last edited Oct 07, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT

It's funny because he's implying that anyone other than /b/ likes /b/. Even the other boards on 4chan dislike them.

The internet definitely follows a hive mentality. I mean, do you really think so many people would be so hateful against things like MLP or 9gag if it wasn't a thing that everyone else was hating on? The same goes for a lot of things the internet deems as funny or cool.

i wouldn't make this thread if KYM wasn't afflicted with this idiocy as well.

i thought KYM community was a cut above and more intelligent but each time i see their reaction to 9gag watermark i face-palm so badly.

and hey i don't even like 9gag, i also think most of its jokes suck. but im not flippin' like a 5 year old kid when i see a watermark.

@Harley "Crimson" Locks

no, 9gag hatered doesn't even come close to MLP haters. MLP haters are few and just vocal.

but 9gag creates even when not directly mentioned!

Jolly Jew wrote:

i wouldn't make this thread if KYM wasn't afflicted with this idiocy as well.

i thought KYM community was a cut above and more intelligent but each time i see their reaction to 9gag watermark i face-palm so badly.

and hey i don't even like 9gag, i also think most of its jokes suck. but im not flippin' like a 5 year old kid when i see a watermark.

@Harley "Crimson" Locks

no, 9gag hatered doesn't even come close to MLP haters. MLP haters are few and just vocal.

but 9gag creates even when not directly mentioned!

Please don't compare me to the comment section on images.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 06:31PM EDT

On the web, one is valued not for one's moral integrity or pleasantness, since none of us actually have to spend time with one another.

On the internet one is judged by one's wits, and that's why 9gag gets a bad rap. Because their jokes don't tend to be funny.

/b/tards, though they may be terrible, terrible monsters, are really quick-witted. They are always ready with a snappy comeback.

Their use of terms like "faggot", etc, are part of the "in-crowd" lingo, not because they can't come up with another wittier term, and that's understood. This lingo is used to create a sense of community, oddly enough, and like true memes, are used to distinguish those who "truly" belong from the uninitiated. lurk moar.

Thus, memes themselves tend towards elitist attitudes. Those "in the know(yourmeme)" feel superior to those who aren't (University Facebook Pages, people who say 'meme' when they mean 'image with impact font superimposed', etc.)

I hope the internet is now more understandable, if yet incomprehensible. Know your meme!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!