Forums / Just For Fun

327,718 total conversations in 8,673 threads

+ New Thread


KYM Zombie Apocalypse 3

Last posted Nov 02, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT. Added Oct 20, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
128 conversations with 14 participants

>search for the key, not content until he wields the golden bat

Oct 22, 2012 at 09:54AM EDT
Quote

(I am in a tree, how suitable)
>Check immediate area for sustenance, food and water.
>After finding enough edible stuff, return to tree to wait out another night.
>Plans to wake up around dawn on the next day to search nearby building(s) for weapons and survival type stuff.

EDIT:
May I assume I’m here?

-In a green area = tree I’m in.
-Visible buildings not far away.

Last edited Oct 22, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT
Oct 22, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
Quote

((Location is kept more or less ambiguous, the map is more for a feel of the land.))

Paco: S: 0 A: 2 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: None

There ain’t no loot nig. You still inna dark yo.

Penz: S: 0 A: 0 W: 2 I: 2 C: 0 O: 1
Gear: None

You scan the immediate area for any source of nutrition, to no avail. Around you, thing bushes and weeds grow in abundance, but bear only sickly thorns and bitter flowers, which promise no health. Any food would likely be in the City, or growing far deeper in the wild. Deciding against anymore activity, you settle down to wait out the night, falling into a half-dream state in short notice.

Oct 22, 2012 at 05:21PM EDT
Quote

I’m gonna say you could join, but once we start to.. team up (if we do) we better keep it to everyone here. Honestly I actually can’t really answer that.
>continue looking for phone book until god writes the next part of my life

Oct 22, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

>Look for some super sexy camping backpacks or other provisions
>Call the mannequins fags.

Oct 22, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT
Quote

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Sorry, but I need to ask. Is it too late to join this thing?

You may, if you’ll let Patrick be your narrator.

Last edited Oct 22, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT
Oct 22, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT
Quote

Paco: S: 0 A: 2 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: None

You roll sideways along the floor until you flop like a fish down into the light, landing on your back in a bale of hay. Dizzy from your fall, you take a sweeping glance around to find that you’ve landed in some abandoned farm building, with empty iron stalls and flaking black boards holding up what remains of a Steel roof and storage attic. The growling noise from before increases in intensity, and you can feel it approaching the door above.

Marco: S: 1 A: 1 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Tire Iron, .45 Magazine, 5 .45 ACP Rounds, 2 Unknown Keys

Though a little worn from the long walk, you proceed to move across the street towards the Gas-Station. Four smashed pumps sit in front of a boarded up red and white building, a smattering of splinters, gore, and bullet holes decorating the entire structure. The front door itself is broken in half, the bottom part completely missing. You don’t see any activity inside.

Higgins: S: 2 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Sharp Pipe

Another glance around reveals a path leading out from behind the building to the direction you came from, up into the. Ahead, on the shores of the sea, you can see a small dock and shack.

Last edited Oct 22, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT
Oct 22, 2012 at 07:48PM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

You may, if you’ll let Patrick be your narrator.

I’ll go with whoever will have me.

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT
Quote

@Bob

You’re on my team, broseph! Write yourself a handy-dandy player card like the others, and prepare yourself to be thrown into a world full of zambambos.

Vash: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 2 O: 1
Gear: stylin’ glasses, what more could you want?

I fear I must tell you something upfront, my friend… You’re only Vash in name and appearance. You don’t have the Angel Arm, nor anything else the anime character possesses. My apologies, but we can’t have the Humanoid Typhoon running amuck in the town, as the zambozos wouldn’t stand any chance.

You come across a small phonebooth and flip through a phonebook that’s old enough for you to still be in it. You find that there’s a surprising amount of people named Vash in your town, but regardless you find the right place. Once you make your way there, you find that your old hide-a-key is gone, so you break into the apartment with a strong kick, oddly enough splintering the door at the hinges. You waltz in to find that you’re not the first one to break into your old place, and all your food is gone. You do, however find a few water bottles and an old messenger bag that belonged to your… You can’t think about them right now. You need to focus. You begin to throw the water bottles in the bag when you notice an old combat knife in a sheath. You equip it for now.

Searching around the apartment, you find your .45 Revolver, hidden masterfully. Too bad that you didn’t hide ammo for it masterfully, because whoever was here before you must have taken it from its case on your nightstand. No matter- you’ll be able to find some somewhere. You walk back out into the world and view your surroundings, only to find no zombies seem to be out and about in this neck of the woods. Where to next, champ?

Barry Bonds: S: 2 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 1 O: 0
Gear:junior sized metal bat

You look high and low for the key to no avail. You notice a small key behind the cash register, and see it’s labeled “Manager’s Office”. You take it with you to the very back of the store to find that there is, indeed a small office back there. You’re about to unlock the door when you notice the smell of death for the first time since you stepped into the store.

Something’s up.

You unlock the door as silently as possible to see that there’s no sign of danger in here. On the ground lay two bodies, cuddled together in an embrace powered with rigor mortis and bittersweet love, and slumped on the desk is who you can only assume to be the manager. You examine the couple to find they weren’t employees, and have gashes on their wrists, jaggedly leading up from the base of the hand almost towards the insides of the elbows. You feel around in their pockets and find a cell phone, a pack of gum (spearmint. You hate spearmint), and a small hypodermic needle, possibly for allergic reactions, maybe diabetes, you don’t know. If you found someone with medical knowledge, they might be able to identify it as something useful, so you put it in your bag along with the gum. You power on the phone to find it’s locked, and there’s not even any signal- not that you expected anything different. You move over to the manager to find that he’s on top of his right hand, which is clutching a piece of glass, possibly the same object used to slit the wrists of the lovers in the corner. He opted to slit his throat, his blood is dried on his desk, a brownish tint to it. You carefully and reverently kick his swivel chair from underneath him, leaving him crumpled on the floor. You open up his desk, hoping to glimpse the key for the case in there. You find a ring of keys with at least 30 keys on it. You stash it, and turn around to examine the body of the manager. On him, you find a wallet, containing a picture of a wife and child, and 6 bucks. You decide to let his body keep the contents of the wallet out of a newfound respect for the family man. You pick him up and put him in his chair, and you lay the couple down together, hand in hand.

Leaving the room, you lock it behind you. Heading over to the case, you amble over an overturned display and look up to see walkers outside the store, milling around. One of them appears to see you, but loses interest after not being able to break through the glass on his 3rd attempt at smashing it. You reach the display and fumble through the keys, knowing that you have little time before a stronger one notices you in the store.

You have time to try 10 keys. You can try keys 1-10, 11-20, or 21-30. If you don’t choose correctly, you have to flee. If you choose correctly, you should still flee, but you’ll have that sweet, sweet golden bat.

Also, after choosing the 10 keys you’ll try, will you try the side door to the next shop, or the fire escape in the back?

Oct 23, 2012 at 01:06AM EDT
Quote

>Drink a water bottle, hydration is important.
>Head to the closest mom and pop store, combat knife ready for action just in case.

No transforming robot gun arm? No problem.

Oct 23, 2012 at 02:22AM EDT
Quote

Vash: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 2 O: 1
Gear: combat knife

You cautiously walk down the road and slide into a small store. You notice the food is mostly already gone, and all of the drinks are as well. You head over towards the counter and find a large amount of teriyaki and peppered beef jerky. You prefer original to these flavored jerky shenanigans, but desperate times call for desperate measures. You scarf a package of the teriyaki beef jerky, and put the rest in your bag. There’s 8 bags of jerky in total, now, and apparently the messenger bag is a magical one, because you still have a lot space left in it, despite the large revolver and massive amount of jerky in it. Walking behind the counter, you discover that the registers are all emptied, which is funny considering money is almost completely worthless by now. You continue rummaging through the store when you knock over a display, sending decorative knick-knacks flying through the store. You move into the aisles to find more food when you hear a bell.

Someone just came in through the door.

You peek above the aisle of condoms you’re hiding behind to see a walker looking around, slack-jawed. You could fight him, or run away through the fire escape to your left.

Oct 23, 2012 at 03:48AM EDT
Quote

I had a post on the last page…
>Look for other building
>Also look for survivors

Oct 23, 2012 at 06:45AM EDT
Quote

Patrick wrote:

Vash: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 2 O: 1
Gear: combat knife

You cautiously walk down the road and slide into a small store. You notice the food is mostly already gone, and all of the drinks are as well. You head over towards the counter and find a large amount of teriyaki and peppered beef jerky. You prefer original to these flavored jerky shenanigans, but desperate times call for desperate measures. You scarf a package of the teriyaki beef jerky, and put the rest in your bag. There’s 8 bags of jerky in total, now, and apparently the messenger bag is a magical one, because you still have a lot space left in it, despite the large revolver and massive amount of jerky in it. Walking behind the counter, you discover that the registers are all emptied, which is funny considering money is almost completely worthless by now. You continue rummaging through the store when you knock over a display, sending decorative knick-knacks flying through the store. You move into the aisles to find more food when you hear a bell.

Someone just came in through the door.

You peek above the aisle of condoms you’re hiding behind to see a walker looking around, slack-jawed. You could fight him, or run away through the fire escape to your left.

What about meeeeeeeeeeee ;-;


>Look for a stylin’ backpack or other useful equipment
>Take a mannequin’s limb to use as a placeholder melee weapon

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT
Quote

>try 11-20
>go through the side door to the next shop

Oct 23, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT
Quote

Thanks Patrick. Here you go.

Player Name: George
Bio: Likes ice cream
Attributes:
Strength: 0
Agility: 1
Wit: 1
Intelligence: 1
Combat: 0
Oration: 2

Oct 23, 2012 at 05:21PM EDT
Quote

>Love and peace, even for the dead. The only real way to bring true peace to this sad beast is to end its existence…
>Combat knife up through the soft tissue under the jaw and into the brain.
(can I be that specific?)
Let’s see….
If all goes well,
> out the fire escape afterwards anyway. More walkers could be on the way from that stupid bell.

That jerky was pretty good, even though it was a stupid flavor.

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

Sorry to everyone I missed… :c

Mega: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 1 C: 1 O: 1
Gear: Nothing that you’d want to try and kill a zombie with

You look around town from your spot on the building. You see only the dead, so you assume that any survivors are indoors, or hiding somewhere. You take the building’s staircase to find your surroundings are a bit different from before. You seem to recall there being no zombies in the main room, and yet bam! There are zombies here! Isn’t it funny how life works out sometimes? You see a plunger against the wall next to some exposed pipes. You pick it up and decide to keep it, just in case you run into trouble.

You sigh and think about how ineffective the plunger would be against a zombie’s face, but then you look at the plunger again. It’s a perfectly nice plunger. A great one, even. This plunger has never, ever done anything to make you think it’s nothing less than a trusty ally, and here you are dissing it before it even has a chance to prove itself. You apologize to the plunger and decide to name it Kevin. A great name for a plunger. You equip Kevin as your primary, but decide to not take on the zambambolambos just yet.

Creeping around them ever so quietly, you sneak into a bathroom by the entrance. You close the door behind you silently and turn around to see a disgusting excuse for a bathroom. You see a monkeywrench next to the grimy toilet, and decide that it’s a better weapon than Kevin, though the placement of the two items makes you question the narrator’s grasp of the world around him. You keep Kevin as your secondary and look around more. There’s a window you can crawl out of if you could just reach the latch… You prop yourself up on the top of the toilet and open the window. Crawling out, you fall into the alley and catch yourself at the last second. Finding your route clear, you take a left and hop into the back of a nearby building that a zombie is clawing at the front door of. Inside, you find yourself surrounded by mannequins and meet…

Jeff Winger: S: 1 A: 0 W: 1 I: 1 C: 0 O: 2
Gear: mannequin arm

You rip the arm off of a mannequin and declare it a weapon, despite its being made of cheap plastic. You begin calling the mannequins fags and then feel bad for being homophobic towards innanimate objects. There’s a sexy red handbag that you snatch up. It goes great with your suit, surprisingly, so you equip it as your bag. You test it by putting in some change you had in your pockets. Well whaddya know? It holds things. Amazing.

On the ground in the back of the store, you find a crowbar. Fancying yourself the next Gordon Freeman, you pick it up and put it in your bag.

Ok, you’re not sure how this bag is holding a fullsize crowbar, but you roll with it because it’s in your favor.

You hear a noise coming from the back door and decide you equip the crowbar as your primary. You hide behind a crate as the door opens slowly…

A normal person walks in, wearing tackily bright shoes. You step out slowly and ask if he’s peaceful. He nods to you and then stares at your purse.

“It’s… It’s my bag.” you mumble to him. “Why do you have a plunger?”

He doesn’t answer, but you don’t really want to know anyway. You ask if he wants to team up and he agrees on the condition that you both share everything equally, food, weapons, and otherwise. You agree, knowing this is a dangerous proposal in this dog eat dog world, but also knowing having someone who has your back is a great thing in and of itself.

You two can head anywhere in town using the back door, or you can take on the zombie at the front.

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 06:45PM EDT
Quote

>Shake the strange man’s hand
>be his buddy

Oct 23, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT
Quote

Paco: S: 0 A: 2 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: None

Your answer has been declined; Reason: Stop being stupid |:U

Marco: S: 1 A: 1 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Tire Iron, .45 Magazine, 5 .45 ACP Rounds, 2 Unknown Keys, 2x Foodstuffs

Though you scratch yourself a bit on a plank of rough wood, you agilely slip under the half-doorway into the Station. Inside, it appears to be one of those higher-end places, kept rather clean for the times. Silver linoleum coats the floor, with rows of dull red and white tiles lining the walls. A series of steel shelves sit in neat columns from wall to wall, stacked with various pieces of garbage, refuse, and a few minor objects of note. The register consists of an elevated, sealed-off section of the building, built with glass from the waist up and several small windows, many stained with dust and liquid.
Taking a quick check of the place, you pick up a small can of Evaporated Milk and a good sized box of instant Noodles. Besides the entrance you used, there is a solid Steel door opposite the way, leading to what you assume is some sort of freezer. There is a bright Red door leading into the Register, and an Emergency Ladder in the far corner.

Higgins: S: 2 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Sharp Pipe

You proceed to make your way behind the Building and up a small concrete incline, which makes way for a smaller dirt path leading up a steep hill towards the City. Up ahead, you can see that the path leads towards a Gas-Station, but also cuts off away from the main path towards what appears to be a Park of some sort.

Oct 23, 2012 at 08:25PM EDT
Quote

George (HolyCrapItsBob): S: 0 A: 1 W: 1 I: 1 C: 0 O: 2
Gear: a black sharpie. felt tip.

George is a man of action. He has made it through life with his head down, but whenever he does talk to others, he has incredible social skills. Blending into groups seemlessly, he will often find himself the second in command before too long, but never seems to be numero uno due to his, err… Tendancies. When George is without alcohol he becomes irratable, and has a pounding headache, as he’s a hopeless alcoholic… He’s tried stopping so many times only to find himself back at the bar. Regardless, he’s still a nice guy who just so happens to be ripped like a mofo.

You wake up to find you can’t feel your arm. You assume it’s because you fell asleep on top of it, but you realize that you left the freezer door open. You then realize where you are. You’re in an ice cream shop, lying next to the freezer, hungover. You must have gotten drunk and binged on ice cream knowing that everyone would be gone by now. You pick yourself up and notice you are currently almost completely naked, and stained with ice cream.

“Must have really gone to town last night.” you mutter as you put on your shirt and pants that were crumpled beside you next to an almost empty bottle of whiskey. You finish it off and stumble into the street. The world is your oyster, amigo. Where to now?

Vash: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 2 O: 1
Gear: combat knife

You run, full force up to the zombie and shove your combat knife up into the base of his brain through the bottom of his brain, blood gushing from the wound onto your hands as you force it farther into him. His arms flail around, and you feel almost bad for the creature as he lets out a mortal sigh and slumps into your arms. You feel a warm rush of adrenaline travel through you as you gain experience from the kill. You remove the knife and smear the blood off on the walker’s shirt before you resheath it. You notice the blood is darker than normal human blood, and is slightly coagulated. You sneak through the back and quickly head over to the fire door in the back, sounding off an alarm. Knowing what this would entail, you run as fast as you can towards the nearest home, jumping through the window. Inside, you find another person, huddled in the corner.

Is that… A survivor?

As you weigh approaching them, you note the sun is going down. Night is coming soon.

Oct 23, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT
Quote

>wait was there even a way to reach that shack by the sea?
>I guess it doesn’t matter now, head towards the gas station

Oct 23, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

Wait, am I still inside the ice cream shop? If so

>Look around

If not

>Go back inside and look around

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Quote

Fine you prissy little child, I will apply a more serious demeanor.
AHEM
>Look inside the building for useful items

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT
Quote

>Hold combat knife and Revolver in a tactical knife sort of way, specifically to intimidate this person. (If it is a person)
I know i haz no bullets.
>Identify if human, and if it is, offer a professional partnership, we eat our own food, use our own weapons and kill each other at the first sign of infection.
>Unless its a pretty girl.

Know what i’m sayin? ;D

Oct 24, 2012 at 03:09AM EDT
Quote

>Wakes up yet again.
>Stretch and stuff.
>Head towards the buildings.

Oct 24, 2012 at 04:51PM EDT
Quote

Paco: S: 0 A: 2 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: None

Taking a second good look, you notice a number of potentially useful items: A stack of farm tools leaning against the tall, partially opened doorway across from you. Among the stalls, you can see horse-shoes, bales of hay, a single rusted plow, and cans of nails and screws strewn about.

Marco: S: 1 A: 1 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Tire Iron, .45 Magazine, 5 .45 ACP Rounds, 2 Unknown Keys, 2x Foodstuffs

Coming out the way you came in, you crawl out beside a broken pump and take a good view of the area: The sun is beginning to come down, and long shadows cast about the road and buildings make it difficult to see in most areas. You can tell that the intensity of Undead has increased on the streets, and a quickening of their pace. For some reason the fires are still burning and the same places remain on this section of the main road: a Bank, several Apartment complexes, and others whose uses you can’t identify.

Higgins: S: 2 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Sharp Pipe

Continuing straight ahead, you take in a full view of the station: Four smashed pumps sit in front of a boarded up red and white building, a smattering of splinters, gore, and bullet holes decorating the entire structure. You can see a single figure crouched in front of one of the pumps, his attention focused entirely on the some point beyond your sight. Passed him, the main road sits, flooded with wreckage and a growing number of Undead, who seem agitated.

Oct 24, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT
Quote

>cautiously approach the figure from behind while maintaining some distance, weapon ready
(yeah that sounds slightly confusing, sorry)

Last edited Oct 24, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT
Oct 24, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote

>Arrive at building without godly intervention.
>Not knowing what (or who) is inside.
>Look for something around the building to use as a makeshift weapon, just in case.

1) Find something
>enter
2) Find nothing
>enter anyways.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:29PM EDT
Quote

Penz0id wrote:

>Arrive at building without godly intervention.
>Not knowing what (or who) is inside.
>Look for something around the building to use as a makeshift weapon, just in case.

1) Find something
>enter
2) Find nothing
>enter anyways.

((Sorry, been busy, been confused.))

Penz: S: 0 A: 0 W: 2 I: 2 C: 0 O: 1
Gear: None

Somehow or another, maybe just randomly, maybe with trained instinct, you snap awake and immediately get your bearings. You slip down from your tree-branch and softly land on stiff legs. After a moment’s wait for the blood to regain its flow, you begin making your way towards the fringes of the city. A large, squat building dominates your view, beige and perforated with a series of windows, broken and otherwise. A small parking lot sits between you and the structure, devoid of vehicles and with only a single, empty dumpster. A ladder leading up a fire escape and a chain-link fence surrounding the structure completes the ensemble. Alley-ways on either side lead out past the building into the city.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT
Quote

(That’s fine, I was busy with work yesterday, so I was behind a few moves anyway.)
>Observe immediate area for threats.
>Proceed cautiously to the fire escape ladder.
>Climb up to the roof.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

Paco: S: 0 A: 2 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Ugly Hoe, Nails/Screws

After a careful decision of what constitutes lethality, you collect an Ugly Hoe, content with its wide, sharp, jagged head. You also swipe a number of screws and nails, always useful in a pinch. Content with your new items, you slip outside through the thick barn-door and take a sniff of fresh air. All around you are a number of trees and thicks, evidently pointing towards your presence in a forest of some sort. It looks the same in all directions, save for what appears to be a building peaking over the horizon. There is a small field with rotting corn as tall as a man to your left.

Marco: S: 1 A: 1 W: 1 I: 1 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Tire Iron, .45 Magazine, 5 .45 ACP Rounds, 2 Unknown Keys, 2x Foodstuffs
Higgins: S: 2 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 1 O: 0
Gear: Sharp Pipe

As the sun surrenders its rule and falls towards the horizon, two strangers meet at the crossroads of fate. The first, by the name of Marco, sits upon broken concrete, leaning fast to an old gas pump, taking full advantage of his view. The second, by the name of Higgins, wanders ever forward, disillusioned with the world and all its new monsters.
As Higgins kicked small clouds of dust in the air on his path, he drew from his pocket a piece of pipe, broken in half along the length, a make-shift blade. Crouched low, a modern predator, he made his way towards the remains of the local Gas-Station, eying the stranger from as close as he could trust himself. Marco, however, was in no such habit, and as soon as he caught Higgin’s eye, he silently extended one hand, and gestured for Higgins to come closer. After a moment’s hesitation and thought, the latter stranger quickly closed the distance, watching carefully to avoid other unwanted attention. Sliding up behind the pump adjacent to Marco, Higgins kept his weapon drawn, quickly whispering for the name of of a rare stranger. Introducing himself in a quiet call, Marco wasted no time extending an invitation of companionship.

Penz: S: 0 A: 0 W: 2 I: 2 C: 0 O: 1
Gear: None

After a quick glance proves that this side of the building is safe, you give yourself a running start to hop the fence. At the last minute however, you change your mind, never being a very athletic type, and simply climb over the thing, landing with a soft thud on warm asphalt. After second look to make sure you haven’t earned any new attention, you move across the lot and make your way up the ladder, hand over hand on cool steel. Though the series of clangs that result make you anxious, you make it to the top without a hitch:
The roof itself consists of a coated cement ceiling… or floor? Either way, a stairwell sits in the corner, leading into the building, while a small helipad occupies the center. From here, you can see a large amount of the surrounding city: several apartment complexes, a Wal-Mart, and a single gas-station, where two strangers seem to be enjoying each-others company.

Last edited Oct 24, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT
Oct 24, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Quote

>Mention the locked area within the sewer system of the nearby reservoir
>see if he wants to head back in that direction

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT
Quote

> I don’t know what’s in this building, but I need to take the risk.
>Enter stairwell, descend.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:31PM EDT
Quote

George: S: 0 A: 1 W: 1 I: 1 C: 0 O: 2
Gear: An indomitable fighter’s spirit.

You walk back into the ice cream store and look around. Aside from the napkin dispensers, everything is bolted down. You attempt to get a cone full of ice cream only to find the only flavor left is pistachio, which you’re allergic to. You disgustedly throw your chocolate-dipped cone to the floor and look through the freezer for provisions. You find nothing, save for a sack of peanuts, which you half-empty and keep as a bag, leaving some peanuts in there for provisions. Behind the counter, you see a silent alarm button and wall hooks that presumably used to hold a shotgun for store protection. There’s no gun there, but you find a box of slugs- 12 gauge, 8 of them. You throw them in the sack and look for more provisions. In terms or drinks, they have soda, but it’s only RC.

It may be the end of the world, but you’re still not drinking RC cola. You have more taste than that.

Lifting a chair, you break on of its legs off, and equip the splintering chair leg as your primary. You walk out of the store once more to see that night has fallen. You’re not entirely sure of the significance behind this, but you know it to be an omen, and a negative one at that. You take a swig, polishing off the last few drops of your whiskey. You can see lights in the distance, maybe 30 yards away. To the other side is a lone zombie, clawing at a storefront. Across from you is an electronics store. Where to?

Vash: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 0 C: 2 O: 1
Gear: Tac-Knife w/ (empty) Revolver; Messenger Bag

You creep up to the person in the corner to see it is indeed a female. A nonzombified one, no less. You make your presence known by clearing your throat, but she only winces when alarmed to your being there.

You tell her you mean no harm, and if she’s bitten.

She turns to you and shakes her head no, her makeup smeared down her face from tears belying an otherwise beautiful face. In her hands is a smallish kitchen knife, which is covered with blood. You notice the blood is consistent with the type that came out of the zombie you killed.

“Is there… Are there any other people… Here in the house?” you ask, wondering if you should console her or keep your distance. She drops her knife and rushes into your arms whilst weeping uncontrollably. Given the children’s toys on the floor, you can piece together what’s happened here. You wrap your arms around the woman and ask her name when she calms down.

“Ashleigh.” she says, trying to contain herself. You hold both her hands and look deep into her eyes, trying to not notice she’s not wearing a wedding ring.

“You did the right thing.”

She begins to bawl again. You wipe the tears from her face and move the soft, blonde hair out her eyes, gently. She rubs her face further into your hand, either out of instinct or to simply feel your touch in a time of need. Your heart drops and your eyes start to burn slightly as you fight a tear.

“I know exactly how it feels to lose a son… And let me tell you, the pain doesn’t go away any time soon…” you begin to say as you look at the floor, choking back your own sadness, “But you need to live on for his sake. You need to make the memories he didn’t get to have… You need to live on because he can’t, making the most out of what you have. Please, believe me when I tell you that it’ll be ok.”

You look back to her only to lock eyes. She’s stopped crying, but her face is a mix of emotions you recognize all too well to think she’s ok. It’ll take time, that goes without saying, but she’ll make it through this if you stick with her.

“Would you like to… Well… Come with me? It’ll be safer if we try and get to a place with more survivors.”

She nods her head and mumbles, “I h-heard that there’s a few people barricaded in Town Hall on the walkie talkie that David was playi-…” She stops talking, visibly pained.

“His name was David?” you venture.

She simply nods and says, “He was a good boy… Better than I deserved. I was awful as a kid but he… He was an angel. Best grades in his class, nicest kid you could ever talk to. Ever since his father left me, he’s been trying his best to help me around the house…”

“He sounds like he was a great kid… Do you have a picture of him?”

She retreats to the kitchen and comes back with a photograph of a dirty-blonde haired boy, no older than 12.

“Keep that picture with you always.” you tell her, “We should go. It’s already dark. I’m sure they’ll be out in full force at night.”

Before you leave, you go into the kitchen and take 4 bananas and 5 more water bottles from Ashleigh’s fridge. After throwing them in your messenger bag, you ask if she kept any guns around the house. She nods her head no, but tells you there’s a gun store just down the street. You know the place, but you’re sure it would be emptied by now. Even still, it might be worth a checkity-poo.

Where to now?

Mega: S: 0 A: 2 W: 0 I: 1 C: 1 O: 1
Gear: Monkeywrench; Kevin the Plunger; Schoolbag; Teamed with Jeff

Jeff Winger: S: 1 A: 0 W: 1 I: 1 C: 0 O: 2
Gear: Crowbar; Mannequin Arm; Fashionable Handbag; Teamed With Mega

The two of you properly introduce yourselves, shaking hands and having a small amount of sexual tension as you awkwardly hold hands too long. You examine the room to find no more useful items, so you both decide it would be best to leave in the hopes of finding better gear.

Stepping outside, the zombie who was clawing at the door seems to have lost interest, and is now staring off into space. Mega creeps towards the creature and delivers a fatal blow, lodging your wrench into its skull with a sound similar to a melon being dropped on cement… Mega stumbles backwards, disgusted at his own handiwork, but recovers after a little time spent regaining his composure. The two of you feel an odd, warm rush go through your veins as experience is shared between you, and after it passes, mega retrieves his weapon whilst Jeff points out more are on their way. There’s around 10 walkers to your immediate left, a completely darkened street to your right, and another store in front of you. There’s also an open manhole maybe two feet from the body of Mega’s kill, but without a light source, the sewers may be a little too difficult to traverse right now.

Last edited Oct 25, 2012 at 06:17AM EDT
Oct 25, 2012 at 06:01AM EDT
Quote

Patrick, you delivered.

>Give her moar hugs
>Protect her along the way to the gun store.
Why not check it out right?
>Eat a banana.
Or….

Last edited Oct 25, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT
Oct 25, 2012 at 09:04PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!