Forums / Just For Fun

311,410 total conversations in 8,380 threads

+ New Thread

Pros and Cons of where you are

Last posted Oct 25, 2012 at 02:43AM EDT. Added Oct 20, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT
60 conversations with 53 participants

Australia
Pros: Friendly people, good food, a great weather pattern.
Cons: Australian hillbilly’s (We call them bogans) that shit on your lawn. I’m not kidding you. That actually once happened.

Last edited Oct 24, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT
Oct 24, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

Sydney, Australia
Pros: World’s 2nd Most Expensive City
Cons: World’s 2nd Most Expensive City

Oct 24, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Australia
Pros: Friendly people, good food, a great weather pattern.
Cons: Australian hillbilly’s (We call them bogans) that shit on your lawn. I’m not kidding you. That actually once happened.

Oct 24, 2012 at 07:19PM EDT

St. Louis, Missouri
Pros: uhh…it’s sometimes not too cold and sometimes not too hot? I guess?
Cons: There is nothing interesting unless you are prepared to drive at least an hour there and back, nobody knows how to shut up about sports namely baseball

Oct 24, 2012 at 07:47PM EDT

Miami, Florida
Pros: Different from rest of Florida, Food everywhere, never need to go all that far for what you need, no blizzards or earthquakes, they film bits of Dexter here, there’s no prejudice against one-eyed robots, not everything closes at 9pm like they do in smaller towns, nobody really knows you or cares to know you {your business is your own, as long as you’re not pissing off your neighbors}.

Cons: Nobody knows how to drive but everybody drives anyways, hurricanes wreck our shit, only one season: HELL, noisy, can’t see many stars in the sky, if you walk out of your house at night you might get raped/mugged/murdered, and nobody cares if you’re busted up on the floor bleeding.

Oct 24, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT

Rural Virginia
PROS: Temperate, with a good amount of snow in the winter. Not too much traffic, and the scenery is nice. Looks great in the fall and spring. Quite a few good restaurants as well.

CONS: A select people around here aren’t exactly crayons of brightest hue or saturation in their respective boxes. When it’s hot, it’s really hot, and my high school has little to no air conditioning. At least a 40-minute drive to the nearest city.

On a lesser note, Chevy Cavaliers. If I had a nickel for every time I saw a plain ol’ Chevy Cavalier, I could buy a nice Aston Martin or something.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT

Tracy, California
PROS: THERE IS A FUCKING PUMPKIN PATCH A 15-30 MINUTE DRIVE AWAY THAT HAS ALL THIS AWESOME ASS SHIT LIKE ATTRACTIONS, A ZIPLINE, AND EVEN A MAKE-SHIFT SLEDDING HILL. It’s also a small city. Just the way I like it.

CONS: Hmm, I haven’t thought of any cons at all in Tracy. Maybe the air smells terrible when the nearby farm’s, near our neighborhood, cows expel their fecal matter, infecting the air with such a horrid odor, while the eastern winds pick the fumes up and whisk them over to our neighborhood, where as I mostly sense that dreadfulness when outside in the schoolyard. Bah, I’m spouting exposition again.

Please, move along if you would.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:40AM EDT

Los Angeles
Pros: Weather is nice, city has pretty much everything, UCLA is in a pretty good neighbourhood
Cons: As a native Canadian I have a natural affinity for the cold, and I’m sorry, but this just doesn’t cut it. I dislike Hollywood in general, yet I watch a metric ass tonne of films anyways (don’t pirate kids). I’m deathly afraid that an earthquake will flatten us all at a moment’s notice. You get murdered if you go to USC. There’s all these resources here yet I’m extremely poor and lazy so I just stay in my apartment most of the time.

Oct 25, 2012 at 02:21AM EDT

@Twins

When did you end up in LA? Anyway, don’t worry about the earthquakes. Those things are only a minor inconvenience. It’s the crime rate you need to be more aware of. Keep your stuff close and avoid dark alleys

Hey, you could probably meet my grandparents in the San Fernando valley while you’re in Cali. They can loan you a .45 in case you ever get mugged.

Oct 25, 2012 at 02:43AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!