Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

The Chill Thread

Last posted Nov 02, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT. Added Nov 01, 2012 at 05:27AM EDT
19 posts from 17 users

At the time of writing, the hour is close to thirty minutes past four in the AM. I have suddenly remembered a thread made by Kalmo, maybe 10 months ago… A thread devoted to being… Chill.

Tranquil.

Relaxed.

In this thread, I want to hear about what makes you calm. I want to hear your stories about when you felt so at peace you swore your heart stopped. I want to know that song you listen to on hectic days when you just need to stop and remember what it is to be alive. I want you to be relaxed when you enter and leave this thread.

Have at it- and chill out, my friends.

Last edited Nov 01, 2012 at 05:28AM EDT

Oddly, I find something strangely calming about forms of motorsport that don't have everyone start at the same time, i.e. rallying, or hill climb. Something about it just being the driver and their vehicle against Mother Nature and the clock.

Doesn't help that a lot of it goes through some very stunning countryside…

Just try to not look at the speedometer. If you worry about how fast you're going, it suddenly reminds you that what you're doing is incredibly unsafe.

I can remember all the times I stood outside in the cold and stared into the sky, without any real reason. I can remember staying up until ridiculous hours watching my favorite shows on Adult Swim…I remember all the times I stayed up late, knowing I had school the next morning anyway. I was always stuck between getting ready for bed and being too tired to do so. Subsequently I got little sleep.

I remember the time I stepped on an icy pond only to have my leg go through, and being afraid my mom and grandfather would find my wet leg later and be upset I had walked on the ice at all.

I remember staying at my female friend's house until 3 in the morning and almost falling asleep on her bed, wondering what it would be like to stay with her forever. I remember sitting alone in my house, wondering if I'd ever make any friends here at school, refreshing page after page of forums, hoping I could at least be a part of a pseudo-community. I remember worrying about my brother constantly as I still do, hoping he gets out more and knowing he won't unless something in his life changes…

I remember the first time I ever heard music so beautiful it made me cry. Along the same lines, I remember singing the Hallelujah Chorus along with most of my family at my grandfather's funeral. Just like he'd always wanted.

I remember being the most hated and then among the most loved people in my high school.

I remember struggles, failure after failure, pain, divisions, abuses, departures, rejections…and just enough hope, just enough of the taste of success to keep me going.

Thanks for this Patrick, I needed it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!