Forums / Just For Fun

310,319 total conversations in 8,360 threads

+ New Thread


Your opinion on...

Last posted Dec 08, 2012 at 02:14AM EST. Added Nov 04, 2012 at 10:06PM EST
84 conversations with 48 participants

Okay, I have started a new thread that will begin with me stating something and all of your opinions on it. Anything goes, but please be civilized in this thread.
(Also, if necessary, I request a move of this thread to General if needed.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your opinion on:

4chan

Nov 04, 2012 at 10:06PM EST
Quote

A wretched hive of villainy I love to hate and yet love nonetheless.

Your opinion on:

Modern music.

Nov 04, 2012 at 10:07PM EST
Quote

4chan… I can’t get into it, but I lurk sometimes.

Modern music… Depends on what genre. But popular music sucks for the most part.

Also, OP… Are we just following your topics or do we choose one each time like Patrick did?

Nov 04, 2012 at 10:15PM EST
Quote

There are a ton of modern bands I really love (if non-pop music can be considered “modern music”)
Ninja’d >.< never seen the Matrix, not all that interested to

your opinion on:
Disney

Last edited Nov 04, 2012 at 10:17PM EST
Nov 04, 2012 at 10:16PM EST
Quote

Alex wrote:

4chan… I can’t get into it, but I lurk sometimes.

Modern music… Depends on what genre. But popular music sucks for the most part.

Also, OP… Are we just following your topics or do we choose one each time like Patrick did?

Well, I was deciding every page, day, or so someone can change the topic.
You can’t keep up with one topic for just thirty minutes, right?
But seriously, keep the topic on 4chan for this page and then we will change it to whatever topic you guys want for the next page.

Edit:
And I mean whatever you want.

Last edited Nov 04, 2012 at 10:35PM EST
Nov 04, 2012 at 10:34PM EST
Quote

4chan is ridiculously funny at times, but you have to sift through too much shit to find the rare gems.
Also your opinion about the time I made this exact thread/are your johnies le rustled

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:13PM EST
Quote

you did what now?

Your opinion on the collapse of the soviet union and its effects on the global stage.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:16PM EST
Quote

I doesn’t think you guys are threading this right.

My opinion on 4chan:
Very good and awesome. The only things negative about it are /b/, /soc/, and /v/. Unfortunately, people judge 4chan as a whole just from these three, while truly every board is vastly different.

Last edited Nov 04, 2012 at 11:21PM EST
Nov 04, 2012 at 11:21PM EST

I think people are missing OP’s aim here (even after he clarified it.)
 
4chan isn’t as bad as I think it is. I’ve seen enough threads and boards where people are nice enough, and I actually don’t see as much trolling as I would imagine. I do think that the users are more abrasive and lack a certain respect for cordiality while online, but that applies to a lot of people online.


And the topic remains 4chan until the end of this page, according to OP. Although, I have the feeling that not 45-ish different users will chime in and give their opinion on 4chan. It would have to be a discussion between 10-15 users, and it would become similar to MDF’s discussion thread from a while back.

Not that this is bad. As long as its on topic, I think it’s fine for a thread.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:29PM EST
Quote

I really enjoy browsing 4chan. The problem is that people judge it almost solely by looking at /b/, a board that is exempt from some global rules. Of course it will give a bad impression. But, opinions of boards obviously vary depending on interest. People’s opinions have a lot to do with “board culture”, as well. Overall, I think 4chan is a fine place to post and spend free time.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:38PM EST
Quote

It’s fine if you want to do small discussions here, but I’m mostly going for opinions on matters at hand.

Anyways, /mlp/ in 4chan creeps me out.
Watching any pony thread simulator can be hilarious on the account that it was purposefully humorous.
But that’s only on the bad side. /mlp/ isn’t that bad.
4chan in my honest opinion has created, hosted, and rested many things on the internet. I can say it can be in nearly the center of the internet.
/b/ is nowhere you want to go.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:58PM EST
Quote

Jojo's Bizarre Bazaar wrote:

>Having an opinion

That’s dangerous thinking, bro.

I love you for that post.
And 4chan? BLUH. Not a nice place for me.
Okay thoughts on:
(prepare the shitstorm)
Homestuck

Nov 05, 2012 at 06:59PM EST
Quote

Did I not clarify about how the thread should work?

I said every page not every post.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 08:14PM EST
Nov 05, 2012 at 08:13PM EST
Quote

Ok, I just comment on 4chan.

Honestly, its not my cup of tea. It’s vulgar, stupid, and full of pedophiles. I used to go to threads there, but I am not fond of lolis or underage boys. Even if drawn. I don’t like gore either. /fit/ is ok though. Sometimes it’s fine I guess.

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:17PM EST
Quote

4chan… varies from board to board. /b/ is weird and stupid, but also funny. /v/ is annoying. /a/ is ok, I guess. /mu/ is pretty decent, but has some annoying music hipsters. /tg/ is alright. /an/ is decent, /ck/ is ok, /pol/ is as lame as you might expect, /s/… me gusta.

Those are the boards I visit.

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:27PM EST
Quote

One of the greatest and worst places on the internet. The worst because the amount of shit you have to wade through to find something even remotely entertaining is unrivaled, and the greatest because it is unhindered and you can post whatever you want, which is part of what makes it the worst, ironically. But that also means that some really original, clever content is posted once in a while.

I hear a lot of people ask “what’s the point of it?” With 4chan, if you think there’s supposed to be a point, it’s not for you. In fact, no matter who you are, you should just not go there. It’s for the best. Really, just stay away. It’s not a nice place.

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:30PM EST

In response to the OP:

/b/: Posts can be about spider man, pr0ns, corpses, ponies, dolan, GET threads, politics (surprisingly enough), and literally everything else imaginable, but no matter what, they almost always have a humorous aftermath.
/mu/: Dr. Coolface explains it the best.
/x/: /b/ with ghosts.
Those are the ones I have posted on. I occasionally lurk the other ones, though.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 08:46PM EST
Nov 05, 2012 at 08:38PM EST
Quote

I haven’t actually been on 4Chan, so I can’t really say. I can’t say I particularly like some of the things /b/ or Anon does, but I do occasionally laugh at some of the things on /v/, /mlp/ or /co/.

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:52PM EST
Quote

Patrick wrote:

A wretched hive of villainy I love to hate and yet love nonetheless.

Your opinion on:

Modern music.

If you expect decent music to be broadcast on the radio, you’re living in a fantasy world.

You have to search for it.

Nov 05, 2012 at 09:15PM EST
Quote

I like /b/. Shoot me.

Granted there’s shit, but it does amuse me (among other things) most of the time.

Haven’t really been to any other boards.

Nov 05, 2012 at 09:29PM EST
Quote

Ahh 4chan.

I spend most of my 4chan time on /vp/. The threads are usually shit, the posts are usually shit, and the posters are usually shit, but there are some good ones. Other than that, I sometimes see what’s up on /b/ (we all know some funny stuff happens there) and I’ll go on /wsg/ or /gif/ for you laugh you lose .gif editions. (Though on /gif/ you ALWAYS sift through porn before finding lol’s.)

And really, people, read Lone K’s posts. Wait until the next page for a new topic.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 09:40PM EST
Nov 05, 2012 at 09:38PM EST
Quote

4chan….

it’s either complete shit or pure gold. depends what boards.

all of the NSFW boards that do not directly deal with porn like /b/ /pol/ and the likes but /v/ is also included are pure festering piles of shit filled with the worst disgusting people imaginable.

although very rarely they will do something very funny. but i don’t think i want to sit thorugh all the crap just for one good moment once a year.

the rest of the boards are pretty good having nice interesting civil discussion about whatever the topic is. the problem is that very often toxic and disgusting users from the the bad boards mentioned above also frequent the other boards for whatever reson. so shit can stink everywhere in that site…

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:01AM EST
Quote

4chan?
Meh, I don’t really like 4chan,It’s just not my cup o’ tea.

Modern music?
I’d rather listen to some 40’s swing or maybe Billy Joel.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 08:36AM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 08:35AM EST
Quote

4chan-
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Modern Music-
There are a few songs and people I can tolerate. But other than that, it’s all the same garbage.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 01:37AM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 01:37AM EST
Quote

Personally i really dislike 4chan i mean yeah the stuff varies but have seen some the shit on there. Not fore me i tell you/

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:51AM EST
Quote

I’m not a big fan of 4chan, as I’ve said a couple times before.

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:05PM EST
Quote

I don’t think I have much of an opinion on 4chan since I don’t post there. I may pass through it on rare occasions but only if I’m looking for something specific. It’s filled with as many horrible nightmares as it is with fantastic wonders so it’s not somewhere I like to linger

On the greater spectrum, I see 4chan as serving a pivotal role on the internet

It’s an important part of the internet without a doubt. It’s the place where net culture breeds. It a place that demonstrates how humans really think and acts in the most honest and purest sense

I like to think that when you are anonymous, you show your true colors. So common behaviour on 4chan is a fascinating case study of human behaviour.

I guess what I am saying is that I look upon 4chan as a curiosity more than anything else

Nov 07, 2012 at 07:45PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of death) wrote:

I guess what I am saying is that I look upon 4chan as a curiosity more than anything else

I look upon 4chan as a curiosity more than anything else

4chan as a curiosity

curiosity
Nov 07, 2012 at 09:59PM EST
Quote

4chan, my cup of tea.

The spicy kind, minty and sugary. Rarely tasty but sometimes is the best tea ever when applied correctly.
4chan varies between boards and topics.

(remember Little Nigga)

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:08PM EST
Quote

Freud said that we as humans have a “superego” made up of our knowledge of social rules and desire to help others, fit in, whatever, and an “id” which is all our baser drives for food and excitement and sex. That’s very much an oversimplification.

Anyways, I see 4chan, especially /b/ as pure “id”. There is nothing you cannot say or do there. That said, they’re brilliant. Also, terrifying. If you feel horny, then you say so, and post the most depraved pornography possible, to hell with what others think. If you like ponies, you can say so without repercussions. It works for good and for evil.

That said, we owe 4chan a lot for forming so much of what is now mainstream internet culture.

But then again, the content on /b/ kind of makes me barf.

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:13PM EST
Quote

I personally hate 4chan because of “Anonymous”. First and foremost, anonymity very rarely brings out the best in people, but then when these idiotic little kids develop their own clandestine sense of family and power, they border line on becoming an idiotic cult.

“We are anonymous, we make the rules for the internets lul” -- No. You are a bunch of 13 year old kids who have no lives, friends, or sense of right and wrong. I’m just tired of all the cultist brainwashing bullshit that goes on: “Oh, well Anonymous is a hacking group that fights oppressive government censorship”.

Actually, no, they’re a group of kids who CALL themselves hackers because they have enough numbers to pull off a DDOS attack -- which is NOT hacking. Using Google to look up contact information is NOT hacking. Making prank phone calls is NOT hacking. Sending solid black faxes is NOT hacking. Flooding people with spam mail is NOT hacking.

And they don’t stand for ANYTHING, least of all anything good. They’ve hidden porn in children’s shows and uploaded them to youtube, harassed people who ARE trying to make a difference, spread hate and racism just for fun, and wasted countless hours of time making threats against anyone who speaks out against them.

It’s just a group of idiotic kids being idiotic kids. They have no reason to be racist, but they are simply because it’s controversial. They have no reason to support child porn, but they do because it’s controversial. They have no reason to claim that they’re hackers (seeing as they couldn’t break a password if their lives depended on it, all they can do is pull DDOS attacks, which most newer routers can protect against), but they do, because they feel it makes them somehow special.
If your only claim to self worth is being part of this ridiculous organization, then you should probably spare yourself the rest of your undoubtedly miserable life (unless you look forward to your chance to meet with Chris Hansen and be publicly shamed for being a lifeless pedophile) and just kill yourself right now. I can say that seriously, because I know that most of the idiots from 4chan won’t have even bothered reading this far into this because it’s actually written in a legible manner and uses BOTH spelling and punctuation! They’ll default to “tl;dr” and skip past.
And for the members of Anonymous who are having a hard time keeping their hormone charged, emotionally unbalanced, rage-aholic fists from punching through their screen reading me bad mouth their ‘organization’ -- I have a challenge for you. Find me. Are you game? No of course not, because not one real hacker exists among your ranks.

For anyone who’s NOT a member of this website: just avoid them, they’re not worth giving any traffic to. Tell everyone you know just to stay the hell away from 4chan and maybe, if we’re lucky, once all these dumbass kids grow up and/or kill themselves – the site will finally disappear into the dusty back corners of the internet.

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:23PM EST
Quote

Opinion on 4Chan(since it seems to be the only thing anyone is talking about): I’ve only been to /b/ and once on /mlp/ and I like it since its just dumbshit. I prefer /b/ since, ironically, is predictable and you always knkow what you’ll get: racism, copypasta, dumb arguments, ponies, etc. Thats mine. I fell at home(sometimes) since they’re all weird people.

Nov 09, 2012 at 07:31PM EST
Quote

Casey wrote:

I personally hate 4chan because of “Anonymous”. First and foremost, anonymity very rarely brings out the best in people, but then when these idiotic little kids develop their own clandestine sense of family and power, they border line on becoming an idiotic cult.

“We are anonymous, we make the rules for the internets lul” -- No. You are a bunch of 13 year old kids who have no lives, friends, or sense of right and wrong. I’m just tired of all the cultist brainwashing bullshit that goes on: “Oh, well Anonymous is a hacking group that fights oppressive government censorship”.

Actually, no, they’re a group of kids who CALL themselves hackers because they have enough numbers to pull off a DDOS attack -- which is NOT hacking. Using Google to look up contact information is NOT hacking. Making prank phone calls is NOT hacking. Sending solid black faxes is NOT hacking. Flooding people with spam mail is NOT hacking.

And they don’t stand for ANYTHING, least of all anything good. They’ve hidden porn in children’s shows and uploaded them to youtube, harassed people who ARE trying to make a difference, spread hate and racism just for fun, and wasted countless hours of time making threats against anyone who speaks out against them.

It’s just a group of idiotic kids being idiotic kids. They have no reason to be racist, but they are simply because it’s controversial. They have no reason to support child porn, but they do because it’s controversial. They have no reason to claim that they’re hackers (seeing as they couldn’t break a password if their lives depended on it, all they can do is pull DDOS attacks, which most newer routers can protect against), but they do, because they feel it makes them somehow special.
If your only claim to self worth is being part of this ridiculous organization, then you should probably spare yourself the rest of your undoubtedly miserable life (unless you look forward to your chance to meet with Chris Hansen and be publicly shamed for being a lifeless pedophile) and just kill yourself right now. I can say that seriously, because I know that most of the idiots from 4chan won’t have even bothered reading this far into this because it’s actually written in a legible manner and uses BOTH spelling and punctuation! They’ll default to “tl;dr” and skip past.
And for the members of Anonymous who are having a hard time keeping their hormone charged, emotionally unbalanced, rage-aholic fists from punching through their screen reading me bad mouth their ‘organization’ -- I have a challenge for you. Find me. Are you game? No of course not, because not one real hacker exists among your ranks.

For anyone who’s NOT a member of this website: just avoid them, they’re not worth giving any traffic to. Tell everyone you know just to stay the hell away from 4chan and maybe, if we’re lucky, once all these dumbass kids grow up and/or kill themselves – the site will finally disappear into the dusty back corners of the internet.

Anonymous =/= 4chan. /b/ (and most likely the rest of 4chan) dislikes them as well.

Nov 09, 2012 at 07:41PM EST
Quote

I hate everything/everyone. Does that answer all you questions.
Also I live to hate.

Nov 09, 2012 at 08:46PM EST
Quote

4chan to me is a diamond covered in shit. I think people slightly, only slightly, exaggerate how bad it is. There’s a lot of horrible stuff there but its mostly stays on the NSFW boards. At the same time there’s also a lot of unbelievably hilarious stuff that make the site worth the filth on there.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 05:12PM EST
Nov 12, 2012 at 05:10PM EST
Quote

It’s not the things on 4chan that annoy me, it’s the userbase. I’m not exaggerating when I say a lot of anons are some of the biggest hypocrites on the web. They argue that memes are for everyone, then declare war on things because they use memes. 4chan (/b/ to be more specific, the other boards are generally alright, I’ll give them that) hate pretty much every site in deep-web culture that isn’t their own, seriously, it’s hard to think of a big name deep-web site that they haven;t shown hate for/declared war on. They remind me of stereotypical school bullies, they put themselves on top because either no one can be bothered to argue otherwise, or they threaten to beat you up if you do. Now let me stress one point quite clearly, this is not all of 4chan. As previously stated, the other boards are generally okay, and every once in a blue moon when all the planets have aligned on a leap year when it’s a Friday 13th, /b/ is okay, but it can get really annoying.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 05:52PM EST
Nov 12, 2012 at 05:40PM EST
Quote

Been there once, tons of porn, it was great.

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:45PM EST
Quote

I will make the last opinion for this page:
4chan is far too unbelievable to me.
Due to it being filled to the brim with unimaginable horrors, I can conclude that people who go there have wrecking balls.

It is still best not to go there at all.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 06:18PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 06:14PM EST
Quote

Now, next page…
Since Gangnam Style by PSY has finally hit 800,000,000 views (the view count is not yet refreshed) and is soon to top Baby by Justin Bieber (the video is only still at 803,000,000 views, I want to here your opinions on Psy and his song Gangnam Style.

New page’s opinion on:
Gangnam Style

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:17PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!