Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

If you got ahold of a time machine...

Last posted Nov 17, 2012 at 06:14PM EST. Added Nov 17, 2012 at 04:12AM EST
18 posts from 17 users

…And where able to take one piece of media, and all the necessary equipment to make it work, back into the past to show one person "the future"…

What would this media be? How far back would you take it? Who would you show it to?
--

I would take The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess back to when the first Zelda was released, have a kid from that era play it, then have that kid painstakingly wait for 20 years for it to be released. :3

I'd take a satellite cell phone back to the Renaissance. Thus, since I require Satellites for it to work, I get to bring those back, as well as the means to launch them into orbit.

I also require electricity so I get to bring back power-plants and electric systems, as well as factories to produce charger cords and parts for said phone. Because I bring such systems back in time with myself, as per your prompt, I jumpstart the industrial revolution and become an incredibly influential figure supplying power throughout Europe, thus increasing quality of life and making myself incredibly rich and influential.

tl;dr I bring back a cell phone and jumpstart industry

I would go back in time when Kenobi and Skywalker is fighting on Mustafar and I would backstab them both while in a pony body.

I would bring a 3DS (or any handheld system) back 30 years with a Pokemon game, but not bring a charger, so whoever got it would have to ration their time with it. It would be great if it ran out of power while they were at the Elite 4.

I'd show Benjamin Franklin my laptop, and try my best to explain it to him.

"You see… it's powered by electricity (you understand that, right?) In any case, the electrical charges can either be positive or negative, and based on instructions that are written in a special language whose writing system is microscopic holes on this disc (which it understands by shining a tiny light at it, and seeing at what intervals the light shines through), thus the machine transmits via electrical charge these instructions to special chemicals that when charged with electricity change different colors. The front part of this screen is filled with these chemicals which are each individually assigned to show different colors, which, when repeated hundreds of times a second creates the illusion of a moving picture."

Le Bumpkin wrote:

An XBox 360, GTA V, the Bill Gates before he created Microsoft.

So that I can go back, give it to Bill, he'll create copies, and hopefully the video game industry will be far more advanced.

I'd take some modern weaponry and single-handedly take over the then-primitively equipped governments of the Dark Ages.

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 02:15PM EST

I would take a dvd set of Samurai Jack, go back somewhere before Sep 2005 and give it to my 5 Year old self, and If I can I'll tell myself about how cartoon network will cancel most of their cartoons and to watch them while their still on, then I'll tell him to have an awesome childhood.

Le Bumpkin wrote:

So that I can go back, give it to Bill, he'll create copies, and hopefully the video game industry will be far more advanced.

And single-handedly destroy Nintendo's role in the modern video game industry? NOT ON MY WATCH
#Fanboyism

1. Go to day Stadium Events came out
2. Buy as many copies as possible, keeping them sealed
3. Sell on eBay
4. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!