Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Helpful Non Mods

Last posted Dec 05, 2012 at 01:28PM EST. Added Nov 30, 2012 at 03:14PM EST
45 posts from 34 users

Mods and Admins are not included to be mentioned because technically it is apart of their job to help.
Which normal KYM user do you think has helped you the most on KYM, or helped many people on KYM in general?

It's really hard for me because when I need help from someone. It is usually someone who has Forum Mod powers. I only thanked a few normal users because I got some information from them. So I think the community in general is helpful.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 03:20PM EST

Props to Lolishiiit. First friend on KYM. He showed me the ropes and gave me advice. I don't know if he helped anyone else, but I'm damn glad he taught me stuff and invited me to the irc where I met more cool users just like him.

After a quick sweep of my friends list, I can't really say there is one individual who has been extremely helpful who hasn't been promoted yet.

One individual alone anyways, the usual Stream Crowd has been tremendous help for me in general and just raw emotional support. Kudos for that.

Twilitlord is a pretty helpful user. He's well-spoken, frequents multiple boards here on a regular basis, and is a smart guy (even though I am at odds with him on occasion.) Pretty new though. He might be a spy.

There are also some image uploaders that have done a great job with uploading to multiple galleries, but I need to get that list in order first. I want to double check and stuff. I have a couple in mind based off of prior activity.

Stoffe Kalmo I wish I could give someone, but I haven't really seen anyone lately that's been engaged on the same level of past or current moderators. Maybe I'm just out of touch.

Besides that, I question the need for more new mods. We have so many that are active right now, and they've been doing such a great job, so are even more really necessary? In addition, without taking into account the latest attack spam to hit the IRC, our infrastructure is, I believe, quite sound at the moment. We have enough vigilant moderators in case of an emergency, and everything is running smoothly, so what are we trying to fix?

At the moment, I think that FridgeLogic and BSoD are pretty helpful. I just feel like they have a certain presence around the site, but that may just be me.

Citation is really helpful when it comes to informing everyone of the quality of a thread.
RF is really helpful when it comes to being cool.
Kasrkai is the best at being funny.
Penzoid is the best at SUCKING ASS.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 05:09PM EST

On a scale of one to ten, go fuck yourself, Wsxdas. (This is okay because we're brothers! I'm not an asshole to anyone else.)

I really appreciated Sui, Natsuru, and Silver Chariot when I first joined KYM. They helped me with thread critique, and were good commentators on the art that I posted.

I don't post a lot, however, so I really haven't needed much help with anything. Most helpful user who is not a mod goes to Wsxdas, because he always has some sort of comment on everything I ever do, and tells me how to not be a shit-poster.

EDIT: ITT: Ann very discretely hoping for praise by asking who's helpful.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 05:32PM EST

>Tfw neither of my siblings are on KYM…

While I haven't needed help that much myself and actually tend to be the helper more than the helped, I have seen BSoD be very helpful to other members. I keep thinking he's a mod, but then I notice his title is still "Conversationalist"

amanda b. wrote:

lurks because there will probably be level ups after the holidays

pls post

You don't know what you just ignited.

Even though I don't have a chance of becoming a mod, I was thinking about giving me and other users that have been here for over 2 years should get the title "KYM Veteran".

Adam DeLand wrote:

Even though I don't have a chance of becoming a mod, I was thinking about giving me and other users that have been here for over 2 years should get the title "KYM Veteran".

Get on my level.

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Citation is really helpful when it comes to informing everyone of the quality of a thread.
RF is really helpful when it comes to being cool.
Kasrkai is the best at being funny.
Penzoid is the best at SUCKING ASS.

Someone likes me.

You guys probably won't like this choice, but for helping me personally, I'd have to say Troll King. It wasn't anything he did, but he was the one who actually showed me around KYM and who the people were, and without him, I may not have really stuck with KYM, so I really kind of owe him my entire account.

Close second is anyone who made me feel good about myself or my Brosephs.

This thread is such a bad idea oh my goodness

But if we're posting users who are helpful, I definitely have to give it up for BSoD. He really helped me a lot. He joined the site after me, but I joined the forums after him, and he was really helpful in showing me the rules of posting and things of that nature. Thanks bro.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 08:58PM EST

D'aww thanks guys. Though my ability to contribute is limited, I still try my best to be constructive here.

In terms of personal help, Like Citation, I'd like to give a shout out to opspe from before he became a mod. I'd say he was really resourceful to me when I first arrived here. But he's a mod now, so no cookies for you I guess :P

In terms of help with code, I guess my shout out goes to X-singular

In regards to entry research I'd like to give a shout out to literally everyone who gives constructive criticism to articles and contributes to research before they say "+1 deadpool/confirm". I have much respect to those individuals, you guys truly help.

Ann Hiro wrote:

I seriously did not know that BSoD had helped so many people.

I'm almost ashamed that I didn't note him before. He's as much of a mainstay here as I am. We sorta became active at about the same time.

My apologies, my short brother…

I'd like to thank all of you, sincerely.

You've helped me find things I never have seen before. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't know much about the internet at all (well, I still knew a lot about the internet, but you get the idea). It is fun to be with people who welcome you with open arms.

I give my thanks to all of you! Thank you!

>instantly think of BSoD
>see that other people have as well

And I think I'll second what Verbose said about Twilord there as I seem to spot him helping a lot too.

Ashbot wrote:

Vlad.

Dude like nobody here would know who you were talking about.

You're right though. He was one of the people that really helped me settle into the forum community when I first came here way back in the day. Great guy, wish he was still here.

Well now…
I see the BSoD should of been on my radar as a contender for nice guy.
Anyway I have problems asking for help, and I rather figure things on my own no matter how hard it is. This is probably why I don't really have anyone I think that has helped me, other than people with mod powers. (Verbose oh how I want to mention you so~ much. Including RandomMan)
I'll continue helping people like I have been doing.

Pretty much all the users who used to be regular users and became moderators during my time.

However, if I HAD to choose anybody who's currently not a moderator/admin, then BSoD would certainly be on my list.

The guy's great. He is helpful and friendly to pretty much anybody here, perhaps I could say he's one of the few who deal with trolls and similar situations without unnecessary anger.

Plus he TL;DRs all the time. In order to be a smart guy, Internet code pretty much decrees that you much be a wall-of-text generator. lolbutreally

Quantum Meme wrote:

Pretty much all the users who used to be regular users and became moderators during my time.

However, if I HAD to choose anybody who's currently not a moderator/admin, then BSoD would certainly be on my list.

The guy's great. He is helpful and friendly to pretty much anybody here, perhaps I could say he's one of the few who deal with trolls and similar situations without unnecessary anger.

Plus he TL;DRs all the time. In order to be a smart guy, Internet code pretty much decrees that you much be a wall-of-text generator. lolbutreally

YAY SOMEONE MENTIONED ME EVEN THOUGH I'M A MOD

I think Mack is a really helpful guy. He and Patrick have both had good conversations with me, but Patrick's never around anymore.

Cale wrote:

Someone likes me.

You guys probably won't like this choice, but for helping me personally, I'd have to say Troll King. It wasn't anything he did, but he was the one who actually showed me around KYM and who the people were, and without him, I may not have really stuck with KYM, so I really kind of owe him my entire account.

Close second is anyone who made me feel good about myself or my Brosephs.

I helped someone on here?!

Teh Brawler wrote:

YAY SOMEONE MENTIONED ME EVEN THOUGH I'M A MOD

I think Mack is a really helpful guy. He and Patrick have both had good conversations with me, but Patrick's never around anymore.

Hey, somebody mentioned me!

I don't really know how I've been "helpful," but I appreciate the shout out, Brawler.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Hey, somebody mentioned me!

I don't really know how I've been "helpful," but I appreciate the shout out, Brawler.

Intellectual satisfaction and being an all-around nice guy.

JUST TAKE THE COMPLIMENT DANG IT

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!