Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

303,521 total conversations in 8,654 threads

+ New Thread

Request/Commission for a Friend. Artists of KYM, come in!

Last posted Jan 04, 2013 at 11:22PM EST. Added Dec 05, 2012 at 05:20PM EST
26 posts from 9 users

Hello folks.
Let’s quickly and simply present my request.
I have a friend who enjoys a lot of things, including memes and ponies. She happens to, at least, have liked the Facebook page about KYM. I don’t know if she made an account on the site. I hope not because I want to make a surprise for her upcoming birthday on January 3rd.

I would like any artist from the site who wants to participate to either draw something from her as a gift or, even better, make a video mashup/MAD/YTP just for her.
As much as I want to, I don’t have the required skills to do it myself. I’m not that good of a drawer and I can’t do anything with video-remixing stuff.

She is gonna be 21, she is a Potterhead, sort of a fan of Dr.Who, she LOVES MLP (her favorite character being Fluttershy), among others. She also likes Deadpool as a character.
To sum it up, she is your typical (internet) fangirl. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if she had a Tumblr as well…

Her first name is Lucie.

Thank you in advance for any submission (a simple MLP-related gift signed “Happy birthday Lucie” for her is more than enough).

Last edited Dec 06, 2012 at 08:34AM EST
Dec 05, 2012 at 05:20PM EST

Heh, I am surprised you didn’t go to the Drawing Threads for this.

Anyways, I might be able to get something whipped together despite being preoccupied by my other big project.

Dec 05, 2012 at 05:35PM EST

I really want to do something for this.

Rev up those memes… and artists.

Dec 05, 2012 at 05:38PM EST

Well, RandomMan told me about the Drawing Thread but I’m interested in either a drawing creation or a video creation so I prefered making my own thread.

Last edited Dec 05, 2012 at 05:40PM EST
Dec 05, 2012 at 05:39PM EST

I will definitely get started on this once I finish a request for a dA user

Dec 05, 2012 at 07:58PM EST

If you people don’t mind my making a KYM-tan pony, I’ve got one lying around that I made for the Pony Gen.

I can do a lot more than sunglasses; that’s just what I had at the moment. I could do a good deal of stuff, but I’ll be a little strapped for time so it couldn’t be too complicated.

Last edited Dec 05, 2012 at 09:08PM EST
Dec 05, 2012 at 09:07PM EST

I’ve just fixed a bit of mistake on my part about her age.

Dec 06, 2012 at 08:34AM EST

Shameless self-bump please.

Dec 12, 2012 at 04:56PM EST

Funnily enough, I was going to bump your thread anyway, I have come here to say the possiblity of me even trying to do anything is pretty much gone because I have mock exams, meaning revision and then I’m busy at Christmas…

Dec 12, 2012 at 05:05PM EST

Oh dear, how did I not see this before. I’ll definitely help out with this.

Dec 12, 2012 at 05:10PM EST

Might I give it a go? I mean, my drawing skills a kinda rusty but I might give it ago, if you allow me.

Also, you said she likes MLP and a bit of Dr.Who. Does she like the Time Turner?

Dec 13, 2012 at 05:17PM EST

She likes a plethora of TV shows. I’ve seen her joking about Sherlock once.
Aside from that, I don’t really know much of the details so I don’t know ^^

Dec 13, 2012 at 05:22PM EST

Hmmm… Okay. I’ll see what I can do. No promises though.

Dec 13, 2012 at 05:24PM EST

(Decided to give a little update on my side) I am a (wo)man of my word, and my gift art is about 60% done. I’m very excited with how it’s coming along.

(inb4 everyone does MLP art)

Dec 13, 2012 at 07:22PM EST

Guys. that’s very kind of you all! Actually, I wasn’t expecting to flood her with many submissions but I’m sure she’ll be more than glad!

Last edited Dec 13, 2012 at 07:56PM EST
Dec 13, 2012 at 07:55PM EST

New bump again!
Her birthday is next week. How is it going guise?

Dec 26, 2012 at 08:42AM EST

Right, here’s what I’ve accomplished in the last two hours since you reminded me over the course of the last month or so.

First off, there are no legs, obviously, because I haven’t worked out exactly what I want to do with them. Secondly, it’s basically a huge amalgamation of resources from other ponies because I’m using new Flash builds that haven’t been adapted to every pony yet, so a lot of the stuff doesn’t match up. There are no eye movements or facial expressions, because I haven’t got around to that, and a lot of the animation is rusty because I made it in two hours I made it in two hours.

Anyways, feel free to criticize.

Edit: To put into perspective the working pace of the average pony animator, here’s what I’ve accomplished in the last twenty minutes. Still assuming Lucie accualy is Emi

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 09:32PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 09:08PM EST

Even though I’m a stone anti-pony guy, I like it so far.

Dec 26, 2012 at 09:31PM EST

And here is the finished product. Feel free to point out anything you think oughtta be changed, and I’ll get on that as soon as I can. It does look a lot better with legs, I reckon.

Dec 27, 2012 at 01:42AM EST

Now that I have no projects other than the KYM Mario Western Show parody I started a bit a go.
I can probably fit time for a drawing for your friend

Dec 27, 2012 at 04:25AM EST

For a simple gift, I must admit it’s a great and smooth gift, ExudesAffluence!
Thank you very much!

Dec 27, 2012 at 05:24AM EST

Ponies, man. They’re tougher to draw than you think.
But I think your friend will like this (and I always wanted to draw Fluttershy anyway

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:45PM EST

She greatly enjoyed your gifts guys.
Thanks-a-ton again!

Jan 04, 2013 at 05:38PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!