Forums / Just For Fun

311,437 total conversations in 8,380 threads

+ New Thread

December 21, 2012 Thread

Last posted Dec 22, 2012 at 10:40PM EST. Added Dec 06, 2012 at 01:46AM EST
162 conversations with 65 participants

Were I in a conspiracy theory state of mind, I might find it disconcerting that the Mayans lived right on top of the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. But I’m not, so i don’t.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:05PM EST

chowzburgerz wrote:

I just want the world to end. I hate my life.

That’s…depressing. More than any end-of-world claims.

I immediately think that there are millions of people who thoroughly enjoy life or at the very least don’t want their lives to end. Depending on the day and more workload, I’d count myself in that number (and even when I’m really down, I still look forward to what life can be.) Wishing for the apocalypse with any seriousness is just short of detonating a incredibly massive nuclear warhead that eliminates all human life. I don’t think that makes sense.

I think the question to ask is what can you do to improve your life once Dec. 21 has passed?

Dec 13, 2012 at 02:00AM EST

Salvation is at hand! Stand by for Exciter! Salvation is his task!

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:45AM EST

GIANTDAD wrote:

Even though Mayans were kinda accurate they did not account for leap years so if this did happen then we’d be dead 70 years ago. Nothing’s going to happen go buy some booze sit on your porch with a folding chair, and watch all the spastic retards flail about in the streets screaming, “THE WORLDS ENDING WERE ALL GONNA DIE.” As you sit back and whisper to them “Nope”

Dec 14, 2012 at 03:05PM EST

I dunno about you guys, but I can’t wait for this day to come! Heheheh!

Dec 17, 2012 at 05:18PM EST

Fact: The Mayan’s actually have nothing to do with it, it’s a bunch and dumbasses having no idea what they are talking about. The rest of the “predictions” are vague and do not DEFINITIVELY point to anything. It’s like trying to start your education with super-string theory and work backwards, you’ll get no where fast and have to jump to conclusions to do anything or make anything work.

Dec 18, 2012 at 08:55AM EST

Dammit Natsuru I was planning on posting that in this thread for like a week now

>:C

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:14PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Aaand you guys have just lost me.

What the Shazbot is that “3 more days” thing?

I am confuse.

Oh I don’t know, something a Sega Fanboy likely wouldn’t know.

Dec 18, 2012 at 04:57PM EST

December 18th 2012: Nothing much

December 19th 2012: Normal

December 20th 2012: Normal

December 21st 2012:

Dec 18, 2012 at 05:01PM EST

You know I’m actually kinda concerned about how people who believe this stuff may act Friday – thinking it’s the last day and all.

I think I’ll keep my ass at home.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:10PM EST

Iamslow wrote:

You know I’m actually kinda concerned about how people who believe this stuff may act Friday – thinking it’s the last day and all.

I think I’ll keep my ass at home.

Aw come on, join in the fun.
We’re not taking it seriously…
After all, I used the same songs during the last three days until Season 3 started.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:27PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

is still confused

This. NOW RESEARCH.

Dec 19, 2012 at 01:18PM EST

SubjectNumber32 wrote:

December 21, 2012 : The second coming of Jamie Dubs.

Well, Syndic came back around the time of 12/12/12, so you could be right.

Dec 19, 2012 at 04:16PM EST

chowzburgerz wrote:

I just want the world to end. I hate my life.

Oh, gosh. Wow. I think I might have to refer you to what somebody earlier in the thread said to you about that. Might I ask for a little bit more explanation? I mean, Heaven knows I’m no psychologist, but I enjoy acting kind of like a shrink when given the chance.

I, for example, am quite busy most of the time (though, thankfully, I’ve been given a reprieve this time of year because of the holiday season), but still enjoy life and make the most of it, simply because from my point of view, it isn’t really bad unless that’s how I want to view it. In fact, at the risk of sounding immodest, I think my life is pretty good. I mean, most people view me as a smart enough guy, my family has a steady enough income rate to be able to afford nice things, and I go to a good school. I don’t know if the same can be said for you, though I hope it can, of course, but regardless of what the answer is, an optimistic attitude can do wonders. To be honest, and forgive me if this sounds a little bit rude: I don’t want to take you seriously about what you’ve said.

As for what I personally believe will happen, I don’t think anything will happen. I have to say that it irritates me when people bring it up in conversation just for the sake of debunking it. If anybody I know happens to read this post (and they’ll know that it’s me writing it as well, because my actual name is my display name), then let me tell you that it doesn’t really make you appear any more sharp in the minds of your peers. Just sayin’.

Dec 19, 2012 at 05:20PM EST

Day Two, got to the Great Bay. Wasted 5 minutes and 23 seconds listening to this dying fish man’s stupid performance. I will have to make up lost time by skipping a Bathroom Break.

Dec 19, 2012 at 07:25PM EST

we got about 2 days left and all did was catching up on tron uprising and mlp

Last edited Dec 19, 2012 at 07:48PM EST
Dec 19, 2012 at 07:46PM EST

I hope the power companies pull the plug for like half an hour just to fuck with people

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 12:05AM EST
Dec 20, 2012 at 12:04AM EST

Welp it’s been December 21st here for an hour now. Getting later as we speak.

If anything happens I’ll probably be the first to know. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Dec 20, 2012 at 07:18AM EST

General Grievous wrote:

Pray that australia still lives.

Speaking of which, any of our mates still alive? Just asking.

Dec 20, 2012 at 09:43AM EST

8 more hours till the 21st for me so whose time zone will the world end.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:19AM EST

Well….that was disappointing.

Never-the-less. We will continue the celebration. Merry apocalypse everyone!

We wish you a merry apocalypse
And a happy end of Earth

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 04:50PM EST
Dec 20, 2012 at 04:47PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!