Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
I'm Blind as Bat in Romance

Last posted Dec 10, 2012 at 09:32AM EST. Added Dec 09, 2012 at 12:43AM EST
28 posts from 19 users

So about 5 months ago,my classmate,who is one of my close friend now,asked me for my phone number. She asked my phone number for her friend from class 10-D. She said her friend from the class 10-D actually likes me. I laughed it off and gave her my number anyway. Fast forward to a month ago,I went by class 10-D. I accidentally bumped into a short girl with long hair and glasses I took a single glance at her nametag,and it was the girl who asked me my phone number through my classmate. How little did I know,she's actually very pretty,or at least fit my type of girl.

I somehow fell in love with her,but my classmate tells me that the girl from class 10-D actually starting to lose her feelings for me in her conversation with my classmate. I then gather my courage and start a conversation with her. It was a VERY short conversation. She sometimes stutter and often can't look me in the eye. Fast forward to this week,I tried to talk with her again a few times,but she said she had club activities,even though all clubs are inactive this week because of endterm exams.

Now what do I do,KYM? I know asking romantic advices in internet is like asking direction to a blind man,but I really need one.

>Inb4 give her the dick,do a barrel roll,etc

>OP can't inb4

Anyways, I would get her number and try to start conversations with her as much as you can. Once you two get comfortable talking to each other you should offer to hang out (either just the two of you or with a group of mutual friends). If you suggest doing anything with her that requires spending money then offering to pay for her would be a nice gesture (though not necessary). If she keeps insisting she has club activity, that probably means she's either not into you anymore or she's nervous and is just looking for a safety zone. You should perhaps politely ask her why she has club activities when clubs are inactive, but don't be too pushy if she sticks with her clubs story. That's all the advice I can give you with the information that I have, but I hope it helps :3 Have fun on your romantic adventure!

A girl likes a guy with confidence. Ask for her number and ask if she would like to do something. Make sure it's more specific than "to hang out". Offer to get her coffee or whatever you want.
If she likes you like you said, you don't have much to worry about.

Crimson Locks wrote:

>OP can't inb4

Anyways, I would get her number and try to start conversations with her as much as you can. Once you two get comfortable talking to each other you should offer to hang out (either just the two of you or with a group of mutual friends). If you suggest doing anything with her that requires spending money then offering to pay for her would be a nice gesture (though not necessary). If she keeps insisting she has club activity, that probably means she's either not into you anymore or she's nervous and is just looking for a safety zone. You should perhaps politely ask her why she has club activities when clubs are inactive, but don't be too pushy if she sticks with her clubs story. That's all the advice I can give you with the information that I have, but I hope it helps :3 Have fun on your romantic adventure!

That's a better advice than "read more about bats". Thanks,I'll try that tomorrow.

>Girl Help thread

>OP can't inb4

Ha.

Well, the way I see it is that she's nervous and doesn't want to be bothered in the way you are trying to converse but you shouldn't really take my advice, there's no telling what could happen.

Ask about her interests through your friend. Next time you start up a conversation, "casually" (cough cough) make that the subject. Ask for details if she starts telling you about her interests, show her you're interested in what she has to say to you. Don't go deep though, once you notice she's having trouble answering switch to an easier yet still related subject.

If that doesn't work, just go for the casual stuff, like how she's doing in school and what she's aiming for in the future. Whatever you do though, don't make the conversation about you. If you notice you have an almost similar answer, tell her what a coincidence and give her a quick summary about your side if you want, but don't go too deep unless she asks for it.

Last edited Dec 09, 2012 at 09:00PM EST

RandonMan gave all the advise I was going to say, I'd follow that. I'm good with women, and some of the advise in here is pretty good. The attempt to do something on your end, even if it doesn't go so well, says that your interested back and if she actually likes you it won't push her away, if anything she'll like you more and you can expect her to respond in kind. Take it slow, don't be too forward since she seems to be nervous, but don't expect to let her lead where the relationship goes.

As well as this, obviously it might be a good idea to just be friends or hang out a little first to make sure you have similar interests and can relate a least a little.

Last edited Dec 09, 2012 at 10:10PM EST

I’d have to recommend just acting casual and being yourself around her. If she is a match for you, then she will accept you for what you are. Try to find out more about her interests by asking, and make an attempt to make conversation with her whenever you can. Don’t take it too seriously or overthink it: it’s never, ever a good idea to do that. Like I said, if she is the right person for you, then you can just be you around her.

Humor is always appreciated, so light joking is acceptable. Whatever you do, don’t only talk about yourself. Bring up some of your own interests and factor them into your conversation. As was said above, don’t get too in depth unless asked.

Good luck!

Nickbot wrote:

I’d have to recommend just acting casual and being yourself around her. If she is a match for you, then she will accept you for what you are. Try to find out more about her interests by asking, and make an attempt to make conversation with her whenever you can. Don’t take it too seriously or overthink it: it’s never, ever a good idea to do that. Like I said, if she is the right person for you, then you can just be you around her.

Humor is always appreciated, so light joking is acceptable. Whatever you do, don’t only talk about yourself. Bring up some of your own interests and factor them into your conversation. As was said above, don’t get too in depth unless asked.

Good luck!

>Well thought out, mature post
>Flawless grammar
>Brand New Member

What manner of sorcery is this?

Reticent wrote:

>Well thought out, mature post
>Flawless grammar
>Brand New Member

What manner of sorcery is this?

My gosh, Pseudo, get off your high horse. We were all brand new members once, and the fact that you judge people's capability to be functioning contributing members of this community by their title annoys me to no end. Let people just be who they are instead of judging them based on an arbitrary amount of activity they have on here; it's demeaning to the rest of us that you would be that bigoted, and it's isolating to the people that could be the next moderators of this site for all we know.

@OP, don't worry too much about it. Take it from someone who overanalyzes everything when it comes to romance: the worst thing you can do is drive yourself crazy with worry. I would agree with everyone else, just keep trying to hold conversations with her, and be confident that you're an attractive young man with a lot to offer.

Teh Brawler wrote:

My gosh, Pseudo, get off your high horse. We were all brand new members once, and the fact that you judge people's capability to be functioning contributing members of this community by their title annoys me to no end. Let people just be who they are instead of judging them based on an arbitrary amount of activity they have on here; it's demeaning to the rest of us that you would be that bigoted, and it's isolating to the people that could be the next moderators of this site for all we know.

@OP, don't worry too much about it. Take it from someone who overanalyzes everything when it comes to romance: the worst thing you can do is drive yourself crazy with worry. I would agree with everyone else, just keep trying to hold conversations with her, and be confident that you're an attractive young man with a lot to offer.

For chrissake, you're acting like I jumped him. You aren't going to let a squabble over games in one thread spill into the other, are you?

My comment wasn't attacking the nature of his post, it was praising the unexpected value it held. I even welcomed him on his wall. (Before you posted, mind.) For a person who speaks of high horses, you could've saved yourself the time it took to write that whole paragraph if you had been a bit more deliberate in you judgement of my post.

Last edited Dec 10, 2012 at 12:42AM EST

Laser Pacer wrote:

UPDATE:
I saw her today. I approach her and call her name. She glanced at me for a second and then run in Sanic speed.

What the fuck,guys.

If she's so overcome with fear that she's plain avoiding you, then it probably isn't worth it. Even the most timid people won't flat out sprint away at the sight of a person they like. :/ Don't take my word for it though, you obviously have a better perspective.

Well, if I remain active, I won’t have the Brand New Member title forever, and we WERE all brand new members once. Fact is, I stand out here, because I lack a fancy “Conversationalist” or “Archivist” title. I’m just a brand new member, and people will be watching me on this site, waiting to see what I do and how I act, and then make the decision about whether or not they like me. In my opinion, a brand new member stands out more in a thread than a moderator does. But who knows? Maybe someday, I could be a forum moderator or something; but we all have to start somewhere. I think Pseudogenesis and Teh Brawler both make valid and legitimate arguments.

Laser Pacer, I’d honestly not even bother with her if she’s going to be that immature and discourteous. If you still want to keep trying, I once again recommend doing what I said above.

Laser Pacer wrote:

UPDATE:
I saw her today. I approach her and call her name. She glanced at me for a second and then run in Sanic speed.

What the fuck,guys.

I have got to be honest, I have never heard of this happening before. What the fuck indeed. If she is trying this hard to avoid you there must be a reason for it and I would back down if I were you and give her space. It's your call, really. That's not to say that continuing to pursue would be a bad thing, this is all just personal opinion.

Update:
Well,she said it. She said to me that she doesn't like my company and wish me to stop.

She wants to fuck Well folks,that will be the end of our little adventure. It all comes down to this,but I really appreciate all those advices you guys gave me (even yours,Adam. I will now study to be the best bat-ologist in the world).

Again,thanks for all the supports.

:3

Laser Pacer wrote:

UPDATE:

What the fuck,guys.

Bitch can't handle all that Swag you're emitting!

But hey man, sorry to hear it went this way.

Guess I can lock this now.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!