Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

303,780 total conversations in 8,662 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Nations RP: Revolutions

Last posted Apr 02, 2013 at 08:31AM EDT. Added Dec 14, 2012 at 01:43AM EST
932 posts from 24 users

I don’t want people to die, even faceless people who don’t even have a number to their name. I if I surrender they don’t die right?

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:23AM EDT
Quote

Nukes, bugs, faceless conscript armies fueled by almost infinite supplies, blockades, subjugation, and radiation sickness and (somehow) Forseti is still here.

The Eagle remains defiant in the North.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:28AM EDT
Quote

Vlad wrote:

Nukes, bugs, faceless conscript armies fueled by almost infinite supplies, blockades, subjugation, and radiation sickness and (somehow) Forseti is still here.

The Eagle remains defiant in the North.

Friends your flag is white stripes I see no eagle.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:57AM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

Friends your flag is white stripes I see no eagle.

DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T EAGLE.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:58AM EDT
Quote

Vlad wrote:

DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T EAGLE.

Well maybe you should do your flag better next-time :v

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:05AM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

Well maybe you should do your flag better next-time :v

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:43AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Syndic

Okay, thanks for that clarification


@MDF

Fine then, you can have your densely polluted, currently burning and biosphere receding moon. Get off my planet and never come back.

I hope your orbital air conditioners carry a lifetime warranty

>“my” planet.
>Doesn’t fully control claim
You’re just jelly you didn’t monopolize space first.

Mar 24, 2013 at 02:38PM EDT

@MDF

I’d rather not argue. Lets just agree on our respective sides.

You stay on yours, I stay on mine.

Last edited Mar 30, 2013 at 08:41PM EDT
Mar 30, 2013 at 08:37PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@MDF

I’d rather not argue. Lets just agree on our respective sides.

You stay on yours, I stay on mine.

Ah, yes. Stay out of my Orbit.
And my Brasil.

And when the spores eat y’all alive don’t think of breaking the blockade or anything.

Last edited Mar 30, 2013 at 08:48PM EDT
Mar 30, 2013 at 08:46PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

It’s reaching it’s climatic ending

It is reaching it is climate related ending

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:49PM EDT
Quote

Sheizen! A rogue apostrophe! I have dishonored our proud fatherland and bring shame to the Grahmmacht. The Kommandant will strip my grammar nazi rank for sure!

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:44AM EDT
Quote

Turn 21
This will be the final turn: an epilogue describing the ongoing and future events on earth and beyond. The game has become too much to manage, and the turns are so sparse that I have lost my enthusiasm to continue. In addition, several apocalypse inducing events are happening which spell doom to the world. The whole game after this turn would just be a slow grind to the end of all things if the game did continue. Sorry for the long wait, but this is it.


On Earth, GAIA completes its spore launch program and distributes rapid assimilation spores into the atmosphere, quickly spreading to all corners of the globe. Pathogen monitoring centers quickly pick up on it, and counteragents are deployed, but it is far too little and far too late to combat the spreading plague.

Meanwhile, the war in west Asia rages on between Angmar and Syserror. The Angman Federation reaches Type I Civilization energy consumption levels, and their industries quickly outpace the Syserrene capabilities. The USSR utilizes ant pheromones to gain control over their own hordes, which act as foot soldiers to combat Angar’s sheer numbers. The Spaniards also align themselves with the USSR, and for a while this saves the nation from destruction. However, the spread of Infinite Industries reaches India, eventually boosting Angmar’s manpower pool to well over a billion armed soldiers.

Seccia launches a massive earth-based ion strike against Oz and the Vascon blockade. Fasier also initiates “Operation Fist of the North Star” which has similar goals of destroying as much of the orbital fleet as possible. Planet Oz, having been quickly decimated by changing climate and long range bombardment becomes uninhabitable on most of the open surface. Millions are transported off the planet in starships equipped with warp drives, fleeing to another star system. Forseti engages in a similar endeavor, moving as much of it’s population as possible to Mars.

As Greek forces push into “Moscow” and the final battles against Vascony forces them into interstellar exile, GAIA finalizes its plan unify every ounce of the world’s organic material into one, titanic, singular entity. GAIA’s roots, spread deep under the planet’s crust, erupt suddenly around the globe, spilling forth hordes of mutated ant and human soldiers, equipped with an arsenal of advanced organic weaponry. Any surviving humans living outside of the influence of GAIA live in hidden bunkers or have fled to space. Angmar lasts the longest on the surface before finally conceding to defeat and evacuating millions to Ceres.

As a final act of retaliation against GAIA, Forseti deploys an arsenal of Hattin weapons, which act like a cancer against GAIA’s spread and begin to lay waste to the earth’s biosphere. GAIA’s global immune system fights Hattin, radiation poisoning, and climate change continually, utilizing too many resources to ever begin a major project for space flight and spreading to other worlds, giving humanity some respite in the rest of the solar system.

Oz is transformed into an icy ball covered with thick clouds of ash. Only the equatorial zones remain mildly habitable, resembling the climate of northern Scandinavia. Few wish to settle so close to Gaia, and only a handful of Vascon remants stay there. The rest of humanity, by and large, relocates to Mars, which is terraformed into a cool, temperate, habitable planet.

Angmar establishes a base in Ceres and on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, and retains it’s scientific edge on the other civilizations, awarding them both economic and military dominance in the solar system. The Seccians and Vascons flee the solar system; the former searching for a safer area far from GAIA to repopulate, the latter, fleeing prosecution for their long standing blockade of Earth.

Apr 01, 2013 at 08:41PM EDT
Quote

Hooray for Mars bases. I wonder if any Fasien people made it.

Apr 01, 2013 at 08:57PM EDT
Quote

Oh thank God, six months of this game had me at my limits.

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:01PM EDT
Quote

And Syserror dies. Oh well.

An epic stand against superior numbers was what I was hoping for. I spent my whole last turn ramping up my defenses, inventing new weapons and sabotaging Angmars resources knowing that a ridiculously huge counter-attack was coming for me. I’m glad Cale didn’t let me down. I wanted the game to finish with a massive battle so I’m happy with that, even if Angmar eventually overran me with unlimited Indians. I hope I killed a shitload of people though.

I had such a great plan for MDF too. First I was going to counter his nuclear strikes and use atmospheric processors to undo his damage. Brasil was going to get invaded. Then I was going to invent ships with cloaking devices armed with EMP bombs and use them to cripple the blockade. Lastly I was going to use the ant pheremones to lure ants into shuttles and ship them over to Planet Oz because the ants would have missed their Vasconian buddies.

All that scheming…heh…never mind. At least this game gave me some thoughts to entertain myself with as I worked my long boring monotonous job at work. I’ve got nothing else to do at work but think to myself while I perform menial tasks so at least I had this as food for thought

I didn’t think about GAIA though. I anticipated everything MDF and Cale were doing but I didn’t suspect the spores until MDF gave me a tip. By then it was too late to decide what to do about it. I guess that would have ended the game despite whatever I did anyway. Well played.

GG guys. This was the best nation RP I’ve played so far.

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:06PM EDT
Quote

>tfw I could have saved humanity from GAIA if y’all hadn’t obliterated my Satellites 2 turns before the purge ;-;

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:09PM EDT

@DarkErmac: Due to proximity to the Gaian starting region, most Fasien people were caught and stuck on earth. Many made it to Mars though. The major languages of Mars are Danish, Greek, Portuguese, and Russian.

@Cale: Yeah, me too. ;-;

@BSOD: Thanks! I enjoyed writing it. As for casualties, let’s just say your little war dwarfed the entire military history of the IRL 20th century.

@MDF: And to imagine, the potential saviors of Earth are now fleeing across the cosmos to escape their crimes against humanity.

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 10:00PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

KYMnatRP: The only way to save humanity is to destroy Earth.

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote

Well, good game people.

To be honest, i’m just kind of disappointed with myself for not doing anything too influential to the course of the game (well… aside from accidentally triggering the scientific revolution, but yeah :/ )

Regardless, having been intrigued the games completed long before I joined, I feel that it has been an honor to have had the chance to participate in this nation RP, and for that I give thanks to Syndic, who has been kind enough to host this event for as long as it has been

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

Holy shit I just realized I effectively won.

#orthodoxlife #rekd

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:50PM EDT
Quote

@Cale

Yea those 3D printers were waaaay overpowered.

I had nuke-proof tanks with goddam railguns. But this game is all about numbers and you had more than everyone else in the game combined.


@RPP

I knew you were planning on eradicating the populous. If only everyone else shared my distrust of hiveminds. But alas


@Syndic

The game got the most interesting the moment we were allowed to invent whatever the hell we want. Opponents with Star Trek technology called me to think of the most creative tactics I could muster to counter them.

I think that should be noted for future games to make them get straight to the action and produce interesting results. Say: an RP game that starts in the future and all tech limits are off so players are free to get creative

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:09PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Cale

Yea those 3D printers were waaaay overpowered.

I had nuke-proof tanks with goddam railguns. But this game is all about numbers and you had more than everyone else in the game combined.


@RPP

I knew you were planning on eradicating the populous. If only everyone else shared my distrust of hiveminds. But alas


@Syndic

The game got the most interesting the moment we were allowed to invent whatever the hell we want. Opponents with Star Trek technology called me to think of the most creative tactics I could muster to counter them.

I think that should be noted for future games to make them get straight to the action and produce interesting results. Say: an RP game that starts in the future and all tech limits are off so players are free to get creative

Is it overpowered, or is it tact?
Is it nuke-proof, or just lined against radiation?
Are rail-guns that good, or logistically shit to handle on a mobile armored vehicle?

(also stop givin away our secrets)

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:16PM EDT
Quote

@BSOD: I was already thinking of the next RP; having it set in space, with no limits to technological advances. That is, everything unlocked at game start, and more of a focus on what you decide to do with the future’s tech than how you get it. But it looks like somebody already has a space game prepared. Plus, I wanna hold off for a little while at least before diving into another major project.

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

@Cale

The 3D printer idea was clever, I’ll admit. Though simply throwing millions of bodies at my wall of defenses until I ran out of ammo isn’t my idea of tact.

Tanks were neutron shielded. I figured you might try and defensively nuke your own borders with neutron bombs against my invasion and I specifically prepared it for that. Granted, conventional nukes would have still worked. I counted on you not wanting to destroy your own property

You may be thinking of Quake style railguns. Rail drive/gauss systems are just another method of matter propulsion and promises to be a very efficient one at that. Modern day destroyers are already testing them, big ones too. If we can have anti-gravity technology then we can apply railguns on a tank so they can shell things from incredible distances.

Everyone knew what was going on. Me, Slappy, Vlad and DarkErmac all wrote out turns to specifically counter what you, MDF and RPP were attempting. We were just too late.

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 11:56PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Cale

The 3D printer idea was clever, I’ll admit. Though simply throwing millions of bodies at my wall of defenses until I ran out of ammo isn’t my idea of tact.

Tanks were neutron shielded. I figured you might try and defensively nuke your own borders with neutron bombs against my invasion and I specifically prepared it for that. Granted, conventional nukes would have still worked. I counted on you not wanting to destroy your own property

You may be thinking of Quake style railguns. Rail drive/gauss systems are just another method of matter propulsion and promises to be a very efficient one at that. Modern day destroyers are already testing them, big ones too. If we can have anti-gravity technology then we can apply railguns on a tank so they can shell things from incredible distances.

Everyone knew what was going on. Me, Slappy, Vlad and DarkErmac all wrote out turns to specifically counter what you, MDF and RPP were attempting. We were just too late.

That’s not what happened, you know. My superior tactics, technology, patriotism, attractiveness, sex appeal, and stratagem won the day of course.

I didn’t bother with nukes since we were ruining earth (we did ruin earth), so I just used the old styles of conventional warfare tactics of taking the high ground and pushing in specific directions.

That’s true, but the requirements for an operable gun of such standard would be monstrous amounts of power, so I can’t imagine the practicality of a tank with a power plan attached to it. Also I never played Quake is it any good.

You don’t know nothing skrub #rekd #shrekd

Apr 02, 2013 at 07:43AM EDT
Quote

Syndic wrote:

@DarkErmac: Due to proximity to the Gaian starting region, most Fasien people were caught and stuck on earth. Many made it to Mars though. The major languages of Mars are Danish, Greek, Portuguese, and Russian.

@Cale: Yeah, me too. ;-;

@BSOD: Thanks! I enjoyed writing it. As for casualties, let’s just say your little war dwarfed the entire military history of the IRL 20th century.

@MDF: And to imagine, the potential saviors of Earth are now fleeing across the cosmos to escape their crimes against humanity.

I only tried to ignite the atmosphere. Y’all can’t think of the big picture.

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 10:02AM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 08:31AM EDT

Hello! You must login or signup first!