Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,125 total conversations in 8,678 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nations RP: Revolutions

Last posted Apr 02, 2013 at 08:31AM EDT. Added Dec 14, 2012 at 01:43AM EST
932 posts from 24 users

Fuck.

EDIT: But at least I have elephant tanks, right?

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 03:57PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 03:50PM EST

>MFW Everything I thought about the Mongols was wrong
>MFW Destroyed for the fourth time
>MFW Medicea is a wasteland
>MFW Cattonia is falling apart
>MFW Neopia anything
>MFW North America
>MFW I’m not sure if Syndic is luring me into a trap
>MFW Christianity and Crashtianity are going to combine into CrissCrosstianity
>MFW Italian Jews and German Muslims
>MFW Sweden looks like shlong and balls

--

@Sydic: Also there was a thing with Byzantine. I’m assuming since it’s not there, nothing regarding that ever happened?

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 04:48PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 04:29PM EST

Everything I thought about the Mongols was wrong

Had it not been for Cattonia existing and challenging the bulk of the Mongol hordes, your entire nation would have been engulfed and incorporated into the Golden Horde.

I’m not sure if Syndic is luring me into a trap

Now why would I do a thing like that?

Also there was a thing with Byzantine. I’m assuming since it’s not there, nothing regarding that ever happened?

Your entire nation was busy fighting and dying in Ukraine with the Mongols sweeping the nation this way and that, so you really could not do anything important with regards to the Byzantines, or anybody else for that matter.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 04:52PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 04:50PM EST

Europe and Asia sure got messed up.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:00PM EST

Syndic wrote:

Everything I thought about the Mongols was wrong

Had it not been for Cattonia existing and challenging the bulk of the Mongol hordes, your entire nation would have been engulfed and incorporated into the Golden Horde.

I’m not sure if Syndic is luring me into a trap

Now why would I do a thing like that?

Also there was a thing with Byzantine. I’m assuming since it’s not there, nothing regarding that ever happened?

Your entire nation was busy fighting and dying in Ukraine with the Mongols sweeping the nation this way and that, so you really could not do anything important with regards to the Byzantines, or anybody else for that matter.

Okay cool so now I can have my entire nation be busy and fighting and dying against the Mongols just to recover again. Sweet.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:17PM EST

Cale wrote:

Okay cool so now I can have my entire nation be busy and fighting and dying against the Mongols just to recover again. Sweet.

Actually, your nation doesn’t have to fight the Mongols anymore. They have pretty much abandoned their quest into Europe to fight Cattonia. And even if they weren’t, the Great Khanate collapses next turn. Your biggest issue right now should be figuring out how to isolate yourself from plague.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:21PM EST

Cale wrote:

>MFW Everything I thought about the Mongols was wrong
>MFW Destroyed for the fourth time
>MFW Medicea is a wasteland
>MFW Cattonia is falling apart
>MFW Neopia anything
>MFW North America
>MFW I’m not sure if Syndic is luring me into a trap
>MFW Christianity and Crashtianity are going to combine into CrissCrosstianity
>MFW Italian Jews and German Muslims
>MFW Sweden looks like shlong and balls

--

@Sydic: Also there was a thing with Byzantine. I’m assuming since it’s not there, nothing regarding that ever happened?

Ja, Schlong och böllar.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:23PM EST

-Incan gunpowder weapons, imported at outrageous costs from Syserror, prove to be significantly more colorful and exotic than Mongol weapons.

Looks the Cattonian-Syserror trade went through. If anyone else needs any more hardware to kick Mongol ass, be smart and shop syserror-mart. Now selling gunpowder at discount prices. Pure Incan grade gunpowder for only a shitload of gold. Buy now!

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 07:02PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 07:02PM EST

12th Turn: 1250AD – 1375AD

Political Map
The World at Large
-The Mongol Empire collapses into individual Khanates.
-The Black Plague, released from its locale in China by Mongol invaders, finds its way along trade routes and horde invasion paths to most of the civilized world. As many as four hundred million are now dead, and nearly every location on the globe is devastated.

Nationitia
Jelly Ann Hiro
Lifestyle: Feudalism
Gov’t: Monarchial Despotism
-

Syserror
Blue Screen (of death)
Lifestyle: Seafaring Traders
Gov’t: Theocratic Constitutional Republic
-A series of naval invasions against the Khan in Indochina results in the captured of the entire peninsula once the Khanate collapses.
-Malayan pirates are hunted down and put to death. The trade lanes are now completely open and unopposed. Corruption has subsided in the region almost completely.
-Quarries are established in Australia to strip the continent of its precious metals and exploit the region to the best of Syserrene ability.
-Hospitals and libraries start to crop up all over Canberra as the wealth of the world pours into this city. It is estimated that, at this time, it became the most populous city on earth.

Crimsonia
Jolly Crimson Locks
Lifestyle: Patrician Elitism
Gov’t: Constitutional Monarchy
-The Shawnee are successfully removed from Nowote entirely, but their borders are still respected. The war becomes a standoff.
-The monarchy assigns a portion of its power to parliament.

Prederia
LiamMayhem
-Attempts to invade or colonize northern Scandinavia are cut short when Seccian fleets pass through London harbor. By the time the north sea is judged safe to travel through, Norway had already expanded into the territory.
-A campaign is launched to capture Shetland.
-The plague reaches Prederia before it reaches Seccia. The defenders of London are all dead before the invasion reaches them and the capital falls without a fight.

Fasier
DarkErmac
Lifestyle: Capitalism
-With their new open borders, Fasier encourages her merchant fleets to trade with the Mongol Empire. The Khan seizes this opportunity, and takes control of dozens of Ainu trade ships to launch a covert invasion of Nagasaki. The port is captured, and the Mongol invaders establish a powerful base of operations on the island.
-Immigration is illegal. Migrants are easily singled out and executed.
-The plague is carried in by Mongol invaders. The islands’ crowded populace starts to fall dead in all regions, especially in the cities where the death toll can get as high as eighty percent.

Angmar
Cale the Witch King of Cats
Gov’t: Noble Republic
-Russia, Angland, and Hungary are invaded. Angland quickly falls under Angman control, mostly because they too are Christian Angman Turks, and the failure of the previous monarchy to control the region.
-Hungary, guaranteed by the Byzantines, call their allies into the war. Byzantium launches a series of failed naval invasions.
-The Rus, disorganized and decentralized by the nature of their government, do not oppose invasion with any kind of strength.
-The Carpathian mountains prove to be difficult to traverse. Hungary remains largely unaffected by the invasion.
-Georgia answers the call of the Greeks, and invades Angmar from the east.
-A quarantine is initiated across the nation, but it only finds success in Crimea, Cypress, and Corsica. These three regions remain the most populated regions in the empire, as the rest of the nation falls to the black plague.

Molossia
Captain Falcon
-

Seccia
Slappy the Fish
-Armies in Galicia are moved back to Britain, and London is successfully captured. Seccian troops encounter next to zero resistance in the countryside, and quickly find out why: plague. The soldiers bring the disease home with them, and Seccia is decimated.
-Quarantines are too little, too late. Most of the great lakes region is annihilated by the plague.
-Cannons are acquired, and mounted on new ships.
-With the capital and most of the heavily populated regions captured, a peace deal on Seccian terms can be imposed upon Prederia (with the exception of total annexation, being that you must occupy all territories for that).
-The Iroquois king dies without an heir. A Seccian prince rises to the throne, and takes his fiefdom in Nova Scotia with him.

Cattonian Empire
madcat
-Despite valiant defense, the empire capitulates, and is forced to give in to Mongol demands. Most of their territory in Dravidia is lost. However, a succession crisis in the Mongol Empire leads to the quick recovery of these lands through aristocrat defection.
-Attempts to quarantine the plague fail. The nation is devastated.

Neonorth
Penz0id
-Neonorth accepts the Aztec treaty. They seem to have turned over to a new, humanitarian way, being that they have not immediately broken this treaty or gone to war with another civilized American nation. Yet.
-Overseas trade is put to a temporary halt, as news about the plague reaches Neonorth, and her merchants try to avoid contact with the “bad air” of Asia.

Neopia
FudgeGruck
-A new monarch is elected from among the nation’s wealthiest plebeians. The decision is seen as democratic enough, and is accepted by the people.
-Attempts are made to initiate a draft. This does not go very well, as the nation does not have the money to arm so many young men. However, it does set a precedent in which the central government controls the armies, rather than the aristocracy.
-Assistance is sent to Prederia in their war.

Medicea
RocketPropelledPanda
Lifestyle: Chaos
Gov’t: Totalitarian Monarchy
-

Sweden
Vlad
-The feudal monarchy is disenfranchised, with a parliament seizing most control in the government.
-Mongol gunpowder is implemented into cannons, which are mostly kept in armories along the Norwegian borders.
-Expansion into Scandinavia continues.
-A central banking institute is founded to mint coins.

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 04:02PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 03:44PM EST

Dammit Slappy, I have you cannons to win a war, not being deisease to our continent! Blast!

Dec 25, 2012 at 04:33PM EST

I have a big surprise planned for next turn. You could say it’s my Christmas gift to the world Europe.

Heh heh heh.

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 04:59PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 04:59PM EST

Vlad wrote:

I have a big surprise planned for next turn. You could say it’s my Christmas gift to the world Europe.

Heh heh heh.

Oh gods, he’s inventing the poop-thrower.

Dec 25, 2012 at 07:02PM EST

Vlad wrote:

Heh heh heh.

OH GOD NO

Dec 25, 2012 at 07:20PM EST

Just a few notes:
-Just because plague is not mentioned under your nation does not mean it did not happen.
-Those big black arrows on the map signify the spread of plague.
-Syserror suffered the least, due to the extreme ease of isolating the islands under quarantine.
-Syserror is the most to blame for plague in the Americas. Look at the arrows.
-Syserror is best error.

Dec 25, 2012 at 09:05PM EST

I’m putting out a proposal of alliance to Syserror. In time, we’ll have to take care of Yuan and Fasier.

Dec 25, 2012 at 09:10PM EST

A series of naval invasions against the Khan in Indochina results in the captured of the entire peninsula once the Khanate collapses.

Hahaha take that you filthy pirates. Also hello Cattonia and Fasier, we are neighbors now…

…wait, whats this?

-Attempts to quarantine the plague fail. [Cattonia] is devastated.

Oh no…

The plague is carried in [to Fasier] by Mongol invaders. The islands’ crowded populace starts to fall dead in all regions

No no no no no no no!

Take Indochina back! I don’t want it! GET YOUR PLAGUE COOTIES AWAY FROM ME!

-Syserror is the most to blame for plague in the Americas. Look at the arrows.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@Madcat

We’ve already been trading and getting rich off each other for the past few turns and it has proven to be benificial. Now that I cleared the trade routes and parked next to you, an alliance is pretty sensible at this point. Besides, I’d rather not have to deal with your jumbo-mecha-fortress-cannon-elephants

However I request suspension of all trade between us until the plague blows over.

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 09:28PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 09:21PM EST

I would like to enter the game playing as Egypt, if it is permissible.

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:51PM EST

How was I supposed to know the plague made it all the way to me? Besides, ya’ll should blame the Incans, Amazons and Aztecs. The plague went through all of them first and they did shit-all about it.

Anyway, question for Syndic. Will the plague be gone in the next turn or will we still need to account for it when we send our turns in?

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 10:56PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 10:54PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

How was I supposed to know the plague made it all the way to me? Besides, ya’ll should blame the Incans, Amazons and Aztecs. The plague went through all of them first and they did shit-all about it.

Anyway, question for Syndic. Will the plague be gone in the next turn or will we still need to account for it when we send our turns in?

it will be diminished, lingering, or mostly gone next turn. IRL it only took significant impact in any region for a few years at most.

I’ll allow it.

Kinda ironic how things play out.

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:57PM EST

Syndic wrote:

it will be diminished, lingering, or mostly gone next turn. IRL it only took significant impact in any region for a few years at most.

I’ll allow it.

Kinda ironic how things play out.

Thank you. Shall I send a turn?

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:17PM EST

Fridge wrote:

Thank you. Shall I send a turn?

That’s up to you.

And by that I mean “yes.”

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:24PM EST

Syndic wrote:

That’s up to you.

And by that I mean “yes.”

Yes sir O_O7

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:26PM EST

BSoD – Black Spreader of Death.

Dec 26, 2012 at 01:23AM EST

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

BSoD – Black Spreader of Death.

He’s Aboriginal not black.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:00AM EST

Seeing as we have 13 players right now can I join in as Poland?

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 01:17PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 01:10PM EST

MDFification wrote:

Seeing as we have 13 players right now can I join in as Poland?

Yes.

The next turn will be up in less than two hours.

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 01:23PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 01:23PM EST

13th Turn: 1375AD – 1500AD

Political Map
Religion Map
The World at Large
-The Emirate of Cordoba in Iberia greets strange new persons on their coasts, and allow them to enter the capital. Unfortunately, the Aztecs have less than noble intentions, and they sack Cordoba before looting the rest of the peninsula. Fair-skinned female virgins, fairly common in Muslim Iberia, are being shipped by the boatload back to Mexico for reasons.
-Many Nahuatl people, disenchanted with the defeat of their empire at the hands of heathens whilst on a holy crusade, have begun abandoning the Aztec faith and adopting Weyekism. Some of the more liberal regions are even converting to Islam.
-The Yuan dynasty, despised by the Chinese, is overthrown by the Ming dynasty. Mongol invaders are finally purged entirely from China.
-Everybody who died of plague is dead.

Nationitia
Jelly Ann Hiro
Gov’t: Monarchical Despotism
-And now for a Haiku:
-The fleet wants to sail
-They went west to Mexico
-Aztecs kill them all
-Byzantium is invaded as well. The region, devastated by lingering plague, Neopian blockade, and protracted war, is easily crippled. However, Nationitia’s manpower is also low, and they are not capable of exploiting these weaknesses to the fullest.

Syserror
Blue Screen (of death)
Lifestyle: Seafaring Traders
Gov’t: Theocratic Constitutional Republic
-Military aid is sent to Cattonia via the Persian gulf, and makes a significant difference in the tide of the war. The Ilkhanate is destroyed, and Cattonia maintains its grip on the region with Syserrene help.
-The study of human health, usually stonewalled by inane religious dogma, is becoming a more common thing now that the plague scare is over. Human dissection is legalized, and hospitals are actually funded now by the priorate’s treasury.
-Rugby is invented, and becomes more favored than the hockey. The required amount of ice for the latter sport was really doing a number for its popularity on the islands.
-A system is put into place for the impeachment of public officials.

Crimsonia
Jolly Crimson Locks
-The plague is over now. You win! Go back to the recovery annex for grief counseling and cake.
-The war with Shawnee comes to an informal conclusion due to a lack of combat.

Prederia
LiamMayhem
-The nation is sacked, and the occupying soldiers leave with their loot. Hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, die in the cold, starving and freezing. The damage Seccia has dealt is immeasurable, but the war is over now, and the Brythonic crusaders consider it a pyrrhic victory.

Fasier
DarkErmac
-The capital is moved to Sapporo, and the isle of Hokkaido is heavily fortified.
-The Mongol invaders retreat with the collapse of their dynasty in China.
-Taiwan is retaken by the new Ming dynasty of China.

Angmar
Cale the Witch King of Cats
-The Georgian coast is successfully counterattacked while the Mediceans draw away the main Georgian armies.
-Constantinople is successfully captured. Byzantium capitulates, and most of the nation is annexed.
-The entire Black Sea coast is now controlled by Angmar. This becomes both a boon to trade and a source of national pride.
-Peace is established with the Hungarians.
-A new port is built on the coast of the Gulf of Finland, called St. Cale, specifically built for trade and military projection into the Baltic, especially with Sweden.

Molossia Kickassia
Captain Falcon
-The nation is renamed Kickassia. Everybody agrees, this was a good decision.
-The plague is over. Insane methods of treating it ranged from eating grass to plucking one’s fingernails off. Suffice to say, nothing worked.
-Healthy trade with Inca and Amazon lead to friendlier relations.

Seccia
Slappy the Fish
-Merchants are sent to the Carribean to break the proverbial ice with the Aztecs. Traditionally an isolated and aggressive peoples, they are starting to warm up to the world outside due to humiliating defeats at the hands of foreigners. Seccia is able to monopolize upon that, and very friendly relations are constructed between them.
-Prederia is looted, pillaged, and burned. The entire region occupied is sacked of its valuables, and whatever is not nailed to the floor is taken, whatever not made of stone razed to the ground. The troops then leave, and the war is pretty much over.
-Chemical experiments among alchemists continue as they always have, and are usually pretty insane.

Cattonian Empire
madcat
-Colonies in Africa fail due to Malaria. A few well fortified coastal regions are still held though.
-The legendary Swahili trade port of Zanzibar is seized.
-The fleet is positioned to the west of the Dravidian peninsula.
-A national banking system is established.
-The Ilkhanate is invaded. With the military recovering from its previous devastating defeats and the plague, and the Ilkhanate becoming seized up in a succession crisis, the enemy capitulates and is annexed.

Neonorth
Penz0id
-

Neopia
FudgeGruck
-Attempts to colonize Africa are met with malaria. And dysentary. The outposts do not expand beyond the coast, and even there they refuse to leave their forts for fear of disease, savages, and hostile fauna.
-The nation cannot afford to fund more than two fully armed and isolated fortifications in Africa.
-Hots are dropped.
-Gothica welcomes open border trade with their Muslim brothers. Neopia profits.
-Aid to Prederia is rescinded, and instead sent to Angmar. A blockade is also initiated against Byzantium.

Medicea
RocketPropelledPanda
Lifestyle: Chaos
Gov’t: Totalitarian Monarchy
-The world’s presently most favored currency, silver, is adopted. The people don’t really need to be told, as this is already common sense pretty much everywhere.
-A war is launched upon Armenia, Georgia, rodents, and feces. Two of these are won.
-Georgia, being distracted with their campaigns into Angmar, are steamrolled off the map.
Armenia proves to be a significant challenge hiding in their mountain forts, where it is difficult to bring cannons, but they are eventually drawn out or starve to death.

Sweden
Vlad
-Cannons and arquebus are used against the Norwegians. They stand no chance, and the nation capitulates.
-New formations involving pikemen defending gunpowder regiments are developed, and are found to be devastatingly effective against the Nords.
-The fleets are improved with the addition of cannons.

Egypt
Fridge Logic
Gov’t: Theocratic Monarchy
-A coup puts a new monarch on the throne. His backers, being devout Muslims, influence the direction of the nation towards sharia law.
-The Shekel, currency, is standardized under the direction of a national bank.
-An invasion is launched into Byzantine territory. They are occupied with too many wars at once, and the Egyptians make significant progress.

Poland
MDFification
Lifestyle: Feudal
-Teutonica goes to war with Frisia. Poland is dragged into the mess with them due to a long standing alliance.

Dec 26, 2012 at 02:55PM EST

I would like to propose alliance with Angmar and the Cattonian Empire. I believe it will be mutually beneficial to our countries, seeing as we are now all contiguous.

Dec 26, 2012 at 04:37PM EST

Fridge wrote:

I would like to propose alliance with Angmar and the Cattonian Empire. I believe it will be mutually beneficial to our countries, seeing as we are now all contiguous.

Poland cannot into alliance. (._.)

Dec 26, 2012 at 05:11PM EST

MDFification wrote:

Poland cannot into alliance. (._.)

You’re peerfectly welcome. UuU

Dec 26, 2012 at 05:31PM EST

Fridge wrote:

You’re peerfectly welcome. UuU

Poland strongk!

Dec 26, 2012 at 05:39PM EST

Slappy! Penz0id! I call upon thee to put our alliance into action!

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 08:56PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 08:50PM EST

I need you all to post a symbol to represent your nation for a graphical tech tree I am working on for the industrial age. The image you post doesn’t matter so far as size and color go; I will re-size all of them to the appropriate size for the tree, and recolor them to your map color. Just make sure it is appropriate, and actually means something symbolic to your country (for instance, Crimsonia posting an elephant would NOT make sense).

Dec 26, 2012 at 08:56PM EST

Fridge wrote:

To avoid any conflict, being so close and all, I’ll join this alliance.

Edit: I’m on vacation and won’t be able to find anything, so I’ll just take a generic symbol.

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 09:03PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 08:56PM EST

Fair-skinned female virgins, fairly common in Muslim Iberia, are being shipped by the boatload back to Mexico for reasons.

Human sacrifice no doubt…Hey wouldn’t this plunge Aztec into civil war?

The Islamic half of the Aztec empire are going to be reaaaaaallly pissed off when they find out that the Tezca half are capturing and murdering innocent Muslim women on behalf of a God they don’t believe in

There’s no way the Aztec emperor can maintain the loyalty of the public demanding Jihad and the imposition of sharia law.

[edit]

Heck, the more I think about this, the more apparent it seems to me that the introduction of Islam to Aztec culture will cause the Aztecs to implode on itself. What young Aztec teen wants to believe in a religion that demands you exist to only to be butchered in the most painful way possible just for celestial entertainment and never even get laid in the process when there’s an alternative faith that offers full protection? And once the Aztecs lose their religion, their entire way of life goes with it.

@Syndic

Here’s my symbol

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 09:34PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 09:01PM EST

Syndic wrote:

I need you all to post a symbol to represent your nation for a graphical tech tree I am working on for the industrial age. The image you post doesn’t matter so far as size and color go; I will re-size all of them to the appropriate size for the tree, and recolor them to your map color. Just make sure it is appropriate, and actually means something symbolic to your country (for instance, Crimsonia posting an elephant would NOT make sense).

Representative of the old Nomadic Herds and symbol of the Patricians.

Dec 26, 2012 at 09:09PM EST

@BSoD:
Nahuatl faith is diminishing, and the Aztec Empire has declined into an era of decadence. Its role of military influence, which is what characterized the nation for centuries, diminished with the Crimsonian/Neonordic and Incan/Amazoni alliances defeating their forces. The faith, being built upon the capture and sacrifice of foreigners, experienced a rapid decline. Anybody who still follows the ancient gods does so due to patriotism, and keep their beliefs to themselves. They have not engaged in human sacrifice since the war with Neonorth ended. These slaves are for companionship; the Aztecs practice polygamy, making the best way to find a wife to buy one. Islam, being a refreshing alternative to the faiths of Aztec’s ancient enemies and their own faith which betrayed them, is becoming popular through the preaching of charismatic imported wives.

Dec 26, 2012 at 09:19PM EST

Transparent for your convenience.
Poland strongk.

Dec 26, 2012 at 09:27PM EST

A sample of the tech tree. This is just to show you how your symbols are looking so far. I left Poland as red+white since that makes pink, and nobody is going to mistake Polandball for anything else.

And before you ask, if you even do, yes this is the tech tree from Victoria 2. Almost. I made some major modifications to it, you’ll see when I am done.

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 10:12PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 10:11PM EST

Hey! You must login or signup first!