Featured Featured
Nations RP: Revolutions

Last posted Apr 02, 2013 at 08:31AM EDT. Added Dec 14, 2012 at 01:43AM EST
932 posts from 24 users

Vlad wrote:

Meanwhile, in the Holy Angmar Imperium.

More like:

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:18PM EST

I have finally drawn my own symbol for my nation (I didn’t do it sooner because reasons)

Sorry for the sloppiness, it’s a bit rushed

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:45PM EST

16th Turn: Victorian Age

Political Map
Technology
The World at Large
-China takes control over Mongolia.
-Factions are a defensive pact alliance system. Nations that are part of a faction are obligated to go to war to defend other members.
-Note: if your research failed, it will not be mentioned.

Factions
World Trade Coalition: Angmar(leader), Seccia, Neopia, Poland, Sweden

Nationitia
Ann Hiro
Gov’t: Monarchical Despotism
VpC: 260
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-Delusional nobles still think that Byzantium exists.
-The nation focuses all of its might upon making the perfect pasta.
-Two wasted research points this turn!

Syserror
Blue Screen (of death)
Gov’t: Theocratic Constitutional Republic
VpC: 270
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-Ideological thought is developed in political science, meaning that more of the average person can understand patriotism and follow through with the state’s demands.
-Major population centers have plumbing installed.
-The idea of iron framing for new houses is tossed out due to high expense. Nobody can afford that, and wood works just find anyway.
-A national census is attempted. It may or may not have improved tax efficiency.
-The colonies in Madagascar are suffering from Malaria. Pre-vaccine medical supplies simply are not cutting it, and the only way the population stays high in the forts is with a constant stream of new soldiers.

Crimsonia
Jolly Crimson Locks
Gov’t: Constitutional Monarchy
VpC: 320
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-Medical science has developed vaccinations, among other things.

Prederia
LiamMayhem
Gov’t: None
VpC: 0 (+0)
M0|A0|L0|C0|R0|F0
-The king is dead. Long live the king.
-At the final orders of the king, many thousands commit suicide. This makes settlement of the islands easier, if not necessary, for occupying powers to make use of the land there. Celtic Brython Prederians are going extinct.

Fasier
DarkErmac
M0|A1|L1|C8|R0|F0
-Advances into political theory have led to a more powerful state. Three projects may be researched at once now. This has angered some people, who now protest against the very structure of the government.
-Industrial organization is becoming standard, increasing efficiency.

The Holy Angmar Imperium
Cale the Witch King of Cats
Gov’t: Noble Republic
VpC: 290
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-The World Trade Coalition is founded in Constantinople. Only those whom Angmar allows to join may join the group.
-A port in the far east is established as a military power projection center, as well as a hub for trading in the Pacific.
-Funding for the African colony increases, but unfortunately Malaria proves to be something incapable of being bribed.
-Greece is declared part of the empire, whether Nationitia likes it or not.
-Organized factory ideas are sent in from Poland.

Kickassia
Captain Falcon
VpC: 285
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-The concept of scientific management increases factory efficiency.
-Breech loaded rifles are invented for military use.
-Expansion into Africa does not occur. Hostile natives and terrible diseases are getting in the way.

Seccia
Slappy the Fish
VpC: 295
M0|A1|L1|C7|R1|F0
-Seccia inherits Iroquois. However, the succession of the king is not recognized by many nobles due to the republican nature of Seccia’s government. A civil war looms on the horizon as many chiefs declare independence.
-Scientific management research is sent from Crimsonia.
-A more practical form of steam engine is developed, making the integration of the machine into labor easier. The luddites are not amused!
-S&G research is handed over to Angmar and Crimsonia.
-Northern Prederia is annexed.
-Angmar allows Seccia to join the WTC.
-The Synchronized Swimming is invented. Everybody hates it, and the water is frozen anyway. The Hockey surges in popularity.

Cattonian Empire
madcat
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-China is attacked. An unfortunate range of mountains gets in the way, making attrition extremely high. The army is forced to retreat.
-The massive Egyptian counterattack, combined with losses against the Chinese, have left Cattonia a bit short on manpower.
-Attempts to spread further into Africa fail due to disease and hostile natives.

Neonorth
Penz0id
VpC: 305
M0|A0|L1|C7|R2|F0
-Clean coal is developed, making the use of steam engines even more practical. Luddite protestors are not amused.
-The growing number of active reactionaries in Neonorth is becoming an issue.
-Coal mining becomes a popular investment, and small towns in the north are growing in size due to this.
-One wasted research point this turn!

Neopia
FudgeGruck
VpC: 275
M0|A1|L1|C7|R1|F0
-Medical developments lead to vaccines, among other things.
-Organization in the factories leads to higher efficiency and fewer jobs. The luddites are not amused.
-Reactionary protestors burn a factory down, which in turn ignites several nearby buildings as well. By the end of the day, the entire town is in ruins.
-Angmar allows Neopia to join the WTC.
-Iberia is purchased from Mexico.

Medicea
RocketPropelledPanda
Gov’t: Totalitarian Monarchy
VpC: 305
M0|A0|L2|C8|R0|F0
-Ideological Thought research leads to higher bureaucratic efficiency and greater patriotism.
-As a result of homeless ideologues roaming the countryside, more people are taking up the romantic progressivism attitude of the liberals.
-Inorganic chemists make much progress in their field, leading to more efficient chemical mixes, such as gunpowder and artificially flavored juice.

Sweden
Vlad
M0|A0|L2|C6|R2|F0
-An invasion force to Gotland is confused about its objectives, being that this land is already loyal to the empire, as well as inhabited by native Swedish.
-Denmark is attacked. Germans overrun the invaders quickly, and then launch a counterattack into Sweden. Superior numbers win the day, and Sweden finds itself unable to match the Germans.
-Prederia is annexed.
-Development of organized factories increases efficiency. Unfortunately, higher efficiency means less workers are needed, and many of those who have lost jobs become rather violent luddites.
-Increasing involvement of the government in every day life, including higher taxes and a national census, raise the number of liberal ideologues in the nation. Unfortunately, many conservatives are against the idea of a centralized state, and become reactionaries.
-A college in Stockholm is declared the national university.
-S&G research is taught by the Neopians.
-Iron artillery is received from Poland.

Egypt
Fridge Logic
Gov’t: Theocratic Constitutional Monarchy
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-Iron artillery is developed for the military.
-Ideological Thoughts are thought.
-A great library is built at Alexandria on the Caliph’s orders. Some say this is tempting fate. Nonetheless, the library works on acquiring a copy or the original source of every peice of intelligent literature ever composed.
-A massive counterattack is launched upon Cattonia. The harshness of the Sinai and Arabian deserts makes logistics nearly impossible, and many soldiers starve or die of heat stroke. This is compensated for by having a massive bulk reserve of conscripted masses. Despite the high death toll, progress is made.
-Cattonian defenders are short on manpower due to the invasion of China. This makes pushing past the desert frontier possible.

Helvetican-Brolish Commonwealth
MDFification
Gov’t: Confederal Republic
VpC: 280
M0|A0|L1|C8|R1|F0
-Flintlock rifles are received from Sweden.
-Scientists from Angmar introduce the concept of Mechanical Production. The luddites are not amused.
-Germany is invaded. Unfortunately, the Germans manage to break the attack and push to capture Prague. This shatters the confederacy. Morale plummets, and soon the army is in full retreat.
-Attempts to send colonists to Africa are rebuffed by German blockade.
-Nobility, in Poland anyway, has become a simple set of purchasable titles. True nobles, though, still remain the only ones allowed to elect the king.
-Poland joins the WTC as a representative of the entire Commonwealth.

Last edited Dec 29, 2012 at 03:41PM EST
Dec 29, 2012 at 03:35PM EST

I thought Syserror was going to help me in a joint attack, but apparently not. I’m going to have to put my focus on Egypt.

Last edited Dec 29, 2012 at 03:56PM EST
Dec 29, 2012 at 03:42PM EST

Syndic, my brain is full of fuck. Why is it that my research failed? Was it random chance, a whim, or was there a complex reason for it? I’d like to know now so I don’t “waste” another point. D:

Dec 29, 2012 at 03:52PM EST

Penz0id wrote:

Syndic, my brain is full of fuck. Why is it that my research failed? Was it random chance, a whim, or was there a complex reason for it? I’d like to know now so I don’t “waste” another point. D:

if I said “waste” then it means you didn’t research all that you could have.
You only used one point when you had two to use.
And when you get State & Government, you will have three points.
if a project fails this is due to random chance.
60% chance for success, 80% with scientific management.

Dec 29, 2012 at 03:58PM EST

Syndic wrote:

if I said “waste” then it means you didn’t research all that you could have.
You only used one point when you had two to use.
And when you get State & Government, you will have three points.
if a project fails this is due to random chance.
60% chance for success, 80% with scientific management.

I did use two points, so obviously I am the 40%.
Oh well, there’s always next turn.

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:00PM EST

Penz0id wrote:

I did use two points, so obviously I am the 40%.
Oh well, there’s always next turn.

No you didn’t. You only researched Power +1. That’s all I have.
Don’t make me post your PM in the thread.

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:01PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Quick question: do traded techs have the same probability for success?

Trade is 100% success.

Also, I forgot to add the Iberian purchase to the map:

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:24PM EST

Spider-byte wrote:

Will there be a round two when this is over?

there may or may not be.

BTW Now that Prederia is dead there is an open slot.

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:28PM EST

While I struggle to retake my country from the German hordes, I thought I’d bring back National Flags!
Simply PM me with your request and I’ll make you a flag.
If you want something specific you should include:
-Colors
-Symbols
-Basic design scheme (pls don’t do this one, I’ll hate you 5ever, that’s just me doing gruntwork)

Last edited Dec 29, 2012 at 05:55PM EST
Dec 29, 2012 at 04:31PM EST

Why haven’t my newly researched techs shown up on the chart? You mentioned them, so they must have been successful.

Dec 29, 2012 at 06:21PM EST

Fridge wrote:

Why haven’t my newly researched techs shown up on the chart? You mentioned them, so they must have been successful.

I did that with a few nations.
I’ve made sure they will be fixed next turn, and I will try not to mess that up again.

Dec 29, 2012 at 06:24PM EST

Syndic wrote:

I’ve made sure they will be fixed next turn, and I will try not to mess that up again.

Thanks for your answer.

Dec 29, 2012 at 06:35PM EST

Syndic wrote:

If you ever need to retroactively change things, just ask. I can edit it into your turn after the 30-minute mark.

Dec 29, 2012 at 08:13PM EST

Here’s some flags BTW:

hon hon hon oui oui baguette lel
Dec 29, 2012 at 10:31PM EST

@Madcat

You jumped the gun. I didn’t hear from you when I had to send in the next turn so I cancelled my plans.

Waiting for confirmation from me would have been wise.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:08AM EST

Flag of Crimsonia:

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:40AM EST

So when is Nation RP Hentalia: The Anime coming out?

Dec 30, 2012 at 06:02PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

So Prederia and Nationita have been eliminated?

Yep.

Dec 30, 2012 at 06:58PM EST

17th Turn: Victorian Age

Political Map
Technology
The World at Large
-The Balearic islands are sold to Gothica.
-Gothica annexes Nationitia.
-Next turn… things will be different! MUAHAHAHAHAH – (cough)

Factions
World Trade Coalition: Angmar(leader), Seccia, Neopia, Poland, Sweden
United Western Alliance: Kickassia(leader), Seccia

Syserror
Blue Screen (of death)
VpC: 375
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-Ironclad ships are now being produced, and artillery platforms are constructed upon them for longer range and greater firepower.
-Expeditions to Madagascar are rescinded.
-The navy, outfitted with new ironclad dreadnoughts, is sent en masse to the red sea. The marines manage to occupy several coastal regions.

Crimsonia
Crimson Locks
VpC: 545
M0|A0|L2|C7|R1|F0
-Bureaucrats are sent to Neonorth to teach them the ways of Crimsonian statecraft.
-Mechanical production lines are invented, with much distaste from those who lost their jobs.
-Clipper ship designs are developed, making fast ships even faster and revolutionizing trade and general ocean travel for Crimsonia.
-Taxes are raised, and put into public schooling.

Fasier
DarkErmac
VpC: 415
M0|A1|L1|C8|R0|F0
-Medical advances are made, and a vaccine to prevent malaria is developed.
-Clipper ships are created, making ocean going endeavors much faster.

The Holy Angmar Imperium
VpC: 485
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-War is declared on Germany, and troops are sent to reinforce Poland.
-The east Black Sea coast is sold to Medicea.
-The Cricket is given its own league. Way to go, the Cricket.
-Early railroads are created, making mining and the hauling of goods around industrial areas much easier than it was on dirt roads. This results in Sibera and the rest of the far east being easily accessible to colonists.
-Scientific processes are applied to the management of state and business, making research and development more efficient.

Kickassia
Captain Falcon
VpC: 405
M0|A1|L1|C7|R1|F0
-The United Western Alliance is created. Crimsonia, Seccia, and Neonorth are invited to join.
-Breech Loaded Rifles are sent to Seccia.
-The Blackjack is invented, and it becomes good friends with gamblers and thugs.
-Prostitutes are glorified by being given a special caste level all of their own.
-Mechanized production lines are developed, much to the anguish of those who would lose jobs putting collar buttons on shirts or fastening bolts into premade doorknobs.

Seccia
Slappy the Fish
VpC: 460
M0|A0|L2|C7|R0|F1
-Scientific management research is given to Cattonia, and S&G is sent to Kickassia.
-Nationalists begin to show up in Seccia as the nation begins to focus its governmental development towards inspiring patriotism and an imperialist attitude.
-Granting local autonomy to the local chieftains has the doubled effect of putting down the rebellion in its tracks and redirecting anarchist hatred towards local lords, rather than the national government.
-Seccia joins the UWA.
-Expanding the colonies in Africa proves successful, thanks to a newly developed vaccine for Malaria from Neopia.
-The Hockey is given ice skates for Christmas. Isn’t that nice?

Cattonian Empire
madcat
VpC: 405
M0|A0|L1|C9|R0|F0
-Breech loading rifles and ironclad ships make their first appearance in the army and navy, respectively.
-The entirety of the military machine is focused towards Egypt. Combined with the Syserrene attack in the Red Sea, Egypt is crippled and forced into a full retreat.
-A ceasefire is accepted by China, who promptly invades Tibet to build a stronger defensive border along the Himilayas.

Neonorth
Penz0id
VpC: 430
M0|A1|L1|C5|R3|F0
-Clean Coal is gifted to Crimsonia.
-Mechanized production is developed. The luddites are not amused.
-A factory is sabotaged by an unemployed hobo who used to work there before a machine took his job.

Neopia
FudgeGruck
Gov’t: Constitutional Elective Monarchy
VpC: 410
M0|A0|L2|C7|R1|F0
-Medical supplies are sent to Seccia.
-Advances into the field of inorganic chemistry are made.
-The right to vote is given to the middle class. This has angered some nobility, but settled down a lot of the liberal tension from anarchists.

Medicea
RocketPropelledPanda
VpC: 435
M0|A0|L2|C8|R0|F0
-Angmar is given Inorganic Chemistry research.
-War is declared upon Egypt. Troops are sent in to garrison the contested lands.

Sweden
Vlad
VpC: 355
M0|A1|L1|C7|R1|F0
-A national draft is made. This boosts troop numbers as well as enticing anarchists into revolt.
-Breech loading rifles are developed and immediately put to use against the invaders.
-The practical steam engine is developed. The nation would be rife with reactionary protesters if it weren’t for the war providing plenty of jobs for those put out of business.
-The war with Germany draws into a stalemate. The Germans are forced to pull most of their troops back to fight the Angmen, while Sweden still lacks the manpower to remove them completely.
-Colonists to Prederia are starting to replace the locals so far as numbers go, as the Prederians are forced to learn Swedish to get through every day life.

Egypt
Fridge Logic
VpC: 385
M0|A2|L0|C8|R0|F0
-The army scrambles to intercept multiple marine landings along the Red Sea coast.
-The draft is starting to have trouble finding suitable soldiers to fill the ranks. Massive death tolls are experienced on all fronts, and manpower is dwindling.
-Protesters against the war have started to become violent.
-The state has asserted itself more and more, making management of research, as well as the military, more efficient.
-Attempts to construct a shipping canal across the Sinai peninsula prove to be little more than a drain on funds that could have been allocated to the army. The Canal itself is 20% complete.
-The entire Sahara desert is claimed. Local nomadic tribes have not been given the good news.

European Commonwealth
MDFification
VpC: 380
M0|A0|L2|C8|R0|F0
-Angmar is given flintlock rifles.
-Angman reinforcements help to retake most of Poland and Swabia.
-A series of assassination failures boost morale among the German troops. Very few members of the Lithuanian Black Hand manage to even penetrate German lines, let alone actually kill their officers.
-Early railroads begin to appear in Poland and elsewhere in the confederacy.
-Propaganda raises recruitment rates as well as producing decreased reactionary activities.
-The war is starting to turn in Poland’s favor, if not entirely due to the massive manpower boost coming from Angmar. Some divisions have even broken into German lands.

Last edited Dec 30, 2012 at 07:02PM EST
Dec 30, 2012 at 07:00PM EST

So Prederia and Nationita have been eliminated?

Two additional spots have been oppened up, more like.
(pls nobody join as China pls based god pls)

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:01PM EST

Changing things next turn:
>tech chart symbols will be removed, and techs will instead be text on your nation sheet. I keep forgetting to update that horrible thing, and it would be easier if everything was in one txt. document.
>VpC removed, because it only barely effects things and I hate math, even simple addition.
>aliens might invade or something

edit: okay dont bother with research this turn, the whole thing is being redone for open-ended-ness

Last edited Dec 30, 2012 at 07:25PM EST
Dec 30, 2012 at 07:07PM EST

Cale wrote:

More like:

I know this is off topic but i swear the witch king rides a fell beast.

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:46PM EST

Syndic wrote:

Changing things next turn:
>tech chart symbols will be removed, and techs will instead be text on your nation sheet. I keep forgetting to update that horrible thing, and it would be easier if everything was in one txt. document.
>VpC removed, because it only barely effects things and I hate math, even simple addition.
>aliens might invade or something

edit: okay dont bother with research this turn, the whole thing is being redone for open-ended-ness

Pls don’t do the Aliens thing. I beg you. I will bribe you not to do it. Money. Women. Guns. Anything.

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:07PM EST

MDFification wrote:

Pls don’t do the Aliens thing. I beg you. I will bribe you not to do it. Money. Women. Guns. Anything.

Tell that to the aliens. Maybe they like our women! I, for one, would accept our new alien overlords.

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:09PM EST

I am having trouble deciding the direction to take this RP. On the one hand, I was overwhelmed with making today’s turn so I want to get rid of all the numbers and the tech chart, making it more open ended and less based on rules. On the other hand, technology.

I have been contemplating how I should get us out of the Victorian age, and the most logical conclusion is an alien invasion… or something else catapulting us into a modern age.

There will be a second turn today. Whatever apocalyptic things I decide upon will happen then.

What do guys you think I should do?

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:15PM EST

Syndic wrote:

I am having trouble deciding the direction to take this RP. On the one hand, I was overwhelmed with making today’s turn so I want to get rid of all the numbers and the tech chart, making it more open ended and less based on rules. On the other hand, technology.

I have been contemplating how I should get us out of the Victorian age, and the most logical conclusion is an alien invasion… or something else catapulting us into a modern age.

There will be a second turn today. Whatever apocalyptic things I decide upon will happen then.

What do guys you think I should do?

I think Aliens is an interesting turn. There’s a lot of things you could do, perceptibly. The random appearnce of Magic, a Doom-Esque invasion of advanced demons, a time warp, etc.

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:19PM EST

No pls.
We’re going to get to the future eventually. Don’t wreck the victorian era.
If you really want to spice it up, huge revolutions. Nationalism. Plagues. Coups. New Religions appearing. (Isalmormonism anyone)
It’s all gonna get better, just stay the course ;-;

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:32PM EST

About the second turn… Do we have to submit turns for that, too?
(And also an alien invasion is a cool idea)

Last edited Dec 30, 2012 at 08:35PM EST
Dec 30, 2012 at 08:35PM EST

@Penzoid

If Duke Nukem is anything to go by; Aliens do indeed love our women and will attempt to kidnap them for vague reasons. Behavior by which we can only respond towards with violent ass kicking.

@Syndic

Tech charts may be revamped but our current technological acquisitions will remain right?

Also NOBODY DARE ENTER THE GAME AS CHINA OR I WILL BE YOUR NEIGHBOR FROM HELL. GRRR

Last edited Dec 30, 2012 at 09:18PM EST
Dec 30, 2012 at 09:17PM EST

RocketPropelledPanda wrote:

What if… The aliens
Were really…
Bears from the future.

Canon.

Edit: They’re actually bears with chainsaws for arms.

Last edited Dec 30, 2012 at 11:29PM EST
Dec 30, 2012 at 11:02PM EST

Meanwhile, elsewhere…

Political Map
The World at Large
-Texas declares independence from Mexico. War ensues.

Great Britain
Queen Victoria
-The HMS Intrepid is lost at sea near Bermuda. A few months later, it returns to the island entirely crewed by smartly dressed Mohawks flying a curious flag, the likes of which have never been seen before.
-Upon interrogation of the rogue American Indians, it would appear that they come from an entirely different world in which Native Americans rule the new world, and Europe is a terrible place.
-With the Queen’s blessing, an excavation of a small reef near Bermuda – which is where the Mohawks claim to have taken the ship from – commences, and the discovery there is shocking. A building, which the excavators have decided to call a “temple,” is found. The entrance is adorned with indecipherable runes and symbols, and the interior contains strange technology.
-Scientists spend months analyzing the cavernous depths of the temple, which seem to stretch onward and downward infinitely into the earth. Miles of corridors and massive rooms – some large enough to contain small cities – have been explored, and all kinds of manufactured trinkets from a highly intelligent and technologically advanced people have been found. Weapons, machines, and even collections of clothes fit for a human are found and examined. The caves and the temple are made a state secret. Bermuda is quarantined.
-By now, it has become apparent that these underground cities were once inhabited by men, and a theory is laid out that these people have delved deeper into the earth as they progressed technologically, being that the deeper they explore, the more advanced the technology they find becomes. Near the surface, functioning assault rifles and various advanced manner of cannons are unearthed, and a weapons cache is developed. A special unit is designed to test the functionality of these weapons.
-Enough arms have been found in the extensive tunnel networks to fully equip the entire British army, and the order is given to do so. News of their advanced new weaponry quickly spreads to the rest of the world, and other nations are started to beg – some even threaten – for access to the weapons or their origins. The curious nature of Bermuda’s sudden removal from the map prompts a French investigation, which results in a firefight and the sinking of the ship.
-The Bermuda incident, as it has come to be called, sparks all out war between France and Britain. Nations of Europe, threatened by Britain’s sudden rise in military technology, band together to fight what they see as a frightening, and almost demonic, unexplained phenomenon.

A little while later…

Political Map
The World at Large
-The Texan war of independence is ended. Texas triumphs.

Great Britain
Sir Robert Peel
Gov’t: Presidential Dictatorship
-Queen Victoria, attempting to end the war diplomatically, is removed from power by the Prime Minister, Sir Robert Peel, who promptly declares himself sovereign of all Britain. He has significant backing from the nation’s militarists, who have been growing in number since the war began. They believe that world conquest is in short order, and that the Bermuda discovery was the work of God in Britain’s favor.
-A doorway is discovered deep within the tunnels. Its activation is more of an accident than the end of a logical discovery, and on the opposite side the same room is found. Only, this room is empty. Upon exploration of this new room it appears that this doorway leads into a mirror universe, with the temple being undisturbed and unlit. This parallel cavern network provides even more arms and munitions. The doorway to the temple is found and forced open, and the alternate world’s reef is found to be undisturbed as well. A small team is assembled to explore the alternate Bermuda, and the report back that it is controlled by Mexicans who do not seem to know a word of Spanish. Sir Peel immediately assembles a task force to seize the island and begin construction of a fort which will act as their base in the so called “new world.”

Dec 31, 2012 at 02:21AM EST

Can I join as Amazon?

Dec 31, 2012 at 02:34AM EST

18th Turn

Prime Map
Fringe Map

Fringe Britain
Sir Robert Peel
Gov’t: Republican Dictatorship
FringeTech: Assault Rifles, Long Range Artillery, Power Armor, Trans-Dimensional Portal
-Peace is established with the Europeans, primarily so that the British forces can reorganize, establish a garrison, and re-equip before attacking again.
-During the peace, the Americans assault Bermuda with assistance from the Prussians. They manage to seize a sizable quantity of weapons, although at a terrible price. The majority of the fleet is destroyed, and the British have occupied a great portion of New England.
-The trans-dimensional portal is investigated further, and is successfully removed from its location, shipped in pieces back to London. From this location, armies of power armored redcoats spill forth into “Virgin Britannia” to seize it from the prime universe Swedes.

Mexico
Syndic
Gov’t: Contitutional Republic
FringeTech: Assault Rifle Prototypes
-I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
-Mexico attempts to establish friendly relations with the otherworldly British explorers. They allow them to establish a base in Cuba, and have leased a port from which they can construct new ships for the new world. In exchange, Mexico has been granted access to reverse engineered assault rifle prototype designs.

Syserror
Blue Screen (of death)
FringeTech:
-Nothing much happens.

Crimsonia
Crimson Locks
FringeTech:
-A British Fringe science team returns the boatload of Mohawks to Crimsonia. They have started to establish a base camp in Florida, and are being extremely intrusive and rude. They do not seem to understand the concept of private property, so far as it pertains to Mohawk people.

Fasier
DarkErmac
FringeTech:
-Madagascar is successfully colonized, with the application of the Malaria vaccine to colonists.

The Holy Angmar Imperium
Tech:
-The war with Germany finally comes to a close. Angmen troops return home with comparatively few casualties.
-A stepped tax system is implemented, in order to tax more money from the rich than the poor.
-Vaccinations are applied for malaria in order to expand into Africa. Unfortunately, the only colony there is pretty much locked out from the continent.

Kickassia
Captain Falcon
FringeTech:
-The Texas Hold ’Em Poker is invented. It decides that things are getting out of hand, and folds.
-The colonies in Africa are expanded upon.
-War is made with the Incans. They are unable to retaliate much, and the Kickassians are unable to attack much. The Andes Mountains are a pretty big obstacle to surmount.

Seccia
Slappy the Fish
FringeTech:
-Nothing much happens.

Cattonian Empire
madcat
FringeTech:
-The war with Egypt comes to an end. Catastrophic losses on both sides demand a conclusion to the fighting due to a lack of manpower and a devastation of both nations’ economies.
-The fleet is split in two; one part in the Indian ocean, one part in the Mediterranean.

Neonorth
Penz0id
FringeTech:
-Nothing much happens.

Neopia
FudgeGruck
Gov’t: Constitutional Elective Monarchy
FringeTech:
-War is made with Germany. They can not manage a three front war, and the nation quickly crumbles.

Medicea
RocketPropelledPanda
FringeTech:
-Nothing much happens.

Sweden
Vlad
FringeTech:
-A furious wave of power armored redcoats spill forth from a portal, which suddenly materialized in London. Most of Prederia has been seized, and the military garrisons that did not surrender immediately were devastated by the attack.
-The Germans are forced to agree to a ceasefire after a Polish victory.
-The Cricket arrives from Angmar. It has a nice time in Sweden, and particularily enjoyed the tourist attractions in Stockholm. The Cricket is thankful for the vacation.

Egypt
Fridge Logic
FringeTech:
-The war with Cattonia is forced to come to a close, essentially due to the fact that either side has run out of trained men to throw at eachother.

European Commonwealth
MDFification
FringeTech:
-The Germans concede defeat. Angmen and Neopian troops help considerably to make the push into Germany. Most of the nation is now occupied.
-The minor confederate powers are severely weakened politically from the war. Poland has taken many responsibilities from them in the name of national security.

Amazon
Wsxdas
FringeTech:
-Nothing much happens.

Last edited Dec 31, 2012 at 03:00PM EST
Dec 31, 2012 at 04:12AM EST

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down Syndic! You are churning out turns faster than I can respond to them!

I wasn’t expecting the next turn to be complete for another 8 hours or so (You usually do it when I’m asleep)

As you can see, a lot of other people were not ready either

Also I’m confused, why are we also following the historically accurate process of events? Whats going on?

Last edited Dec 31, 2012 at 05:41AM EST
Dec 31, 2012 at 05:36AM EST

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down Syndic! You are churning out turns faster than I can respond to them!

I wasn’t expecting the next turn to be complete for another 8 hours or so (You usually do it when I’m asleep)

As you can see, a lot of other people were not ready either

Also I’m confused, why are we also following the historically accurate process of events? Whats going on?

In a nutshell, things got too complicated, and instead of killing the thread I decided to make things weird.

Here’s the TOO LONG DIDN’T READ version: Britain discovered a temple of technology in Bermuda on the alternate timeline, and is now using Fringe Science to conquer both their world and the world of the prime timeline (your world). There are now two earths, with a portal connecting them in London.

Prime Earth: You guys are in this world.
Fringe Earth: The Alternate universe in which things went according to IRL history… until now.

Last edited Dec 31, 2012 at 05:50AM EST
Dec 31, 2012 at 05:48AM EST

Aha, I see what you are doing now. You wanted the British empire to be the next big threatening NPC after the mongols. However you couldn’t do that because Prederia destroyed any chance of the British empire ever forming,

So we resorted to the trans-universal mirror portal from Stargate SG-1 in order to introduce the British empire to the game.

Cunning.

So we now have TWO worlds to conquer, depending on who currently controls London…

And yea, feel free to put more free time in between turns so we have more time to consider our plans and collaborate between players.

The last couple turns I made were short because I literally had to think of my turn and write it on the spot as I was rushing out the door, knowing you would post before I got back from town. I’ve got less time to post here than I may make it appear

Last edited Dec 31, 2012 at 07:30AM EST
Dec 31, 2012 at 07:27AM EST

But vhwat do the British want?

Also:

Message from the European Commonwealth

To the Kingdom of Neopia; In return for your assistance, we grant you sovereignity over the German portion of Swabia. Rule it Wisely.
We believe that we arranged purchase of Ireland from you. This does not seem to have occurred. The Irish. who were promised relgious freedom and domestic autonomy under our rule, are possibly not amused.
To the Kingdom of Sweden: For your assistance in this struggle, and to unify the Scandinavian peoples, we grant you reign over Denmark. We shall do what we can to assist you in Prederia.
To the WTC in General: We must find a way to deal with this invasion. Any suggestions?

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:31AM EST

>Comes to see how everyone is doing
>looks at turns
>Looks at fringe Britain

That’s all I ever wanted.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:08AM EST

Hello! You must login or signup first!