Forums / Just For Fun

327,336 total conversations in 8,665 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nations RP: Revolutions

Last posted Apr 02, 2013 at 08:31AM EDT. Added Dec 14, 2012 at 01:43AM EST
932 conversations with 24 participants

An official Message to the European Commonwealth from the Kingdom of Kickassia
I swear to god, It wasn’t me. I don’t have spies, I only have assassins.
This has been An official Message the the European Commonwealth from the Kingdom of Kickassia

An official message to everyone not in the Semi-Official NWA Alliance
We are accepting positions in the alliance, Send me a PM if you want to join.
This has been An official message to everyone not in the Semi-Official NWA Alliance

Last edited Jan 07, 2013 at 09:46AM EST
Jan 07, 2013 at 09:39AM EST

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

An official Message to the European Commonwealth from the Kingdom of Kickassia
I swear to god, It wasn’t me. I don’t have spies, I only have assassins.
This has been An official Message the the European Commonwealth from the Kingdom of Kickassia

An official message to everyone not in the Semi-Official NWA Alliance
We are accepting positions in the alliance, Send me a PM if you want to join.
This has been An official message to everyone not in the Semi-Official NWA Alliance

Lel no.

Jan 07, 2013 at 12:13PM EST

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM LORD WOMBSKULL OF SAURCHESTRUM TO THE NATION OF KICKASSIA
>wanting dirty easterners to join the mighty western alliance

Jan 07, 2013 at 12:40PM EST

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM LORD WOMBSKULL OF SAURCHESTRUM TO THE NATION OF KICKASSIA
>wanting dirty easterners to join the mighty western alliance

>Dirty backwards westerners thinking they’re superior to Europa/Islamerica/Americallah

Jan 07, 2013 at 12:45PM EST

And so the foundations were laid for World War One.

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:07PM EST

Cale wrote:

And so the foundations were laid for World War One.

You leave Franz alone.

Jan 07, 2013 at 06:51PM EST

MDFification wrote:

You leave Franz alone.

Yeah, you leave Franz Ferdinand alone! They’re one of my favorite early-2000s dance-punk bands! Where would we be without their 2003 hit “Take Me Out”?

And they’re from Scotland!

Jan 07, 2013 at 08:48PM EST

Fridge Logic wrote:

Yeah, you leave Franz Ferdinand alone! They’re one of my favorite early-2000s dance-punk bands! Where would we be without their 2003 hit “Take Me Out”?

And they’re from Scotland!

Good for them.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:13AM EST

Can I request a lock? Syndic deactivated his account again.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:40PM EST

Unlocking and featuring this again, as Syndic switched back to his old account. The new one could be deactivated after that, no need to keep it around. Linky.

You should’ve known this MDF, check your mail.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 02:39PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 02:38PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Unlocking and featuring this again, as Syndic switched back to his old account. The new one could be deactivated after that, no need to keep it around. Linky.

You should’ve known this MDF, check your mail.

Ouch.

You got served, Polak.

This has been a friendly razzing from your friend Egypt

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 04:35PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 04:32PM EST

Well it’s probably over anyway, so I don’t see why we don’t lock it.

Plus we know I win anyway.

Jan 09, 2013 at 04:58PM EST

If this game isn’t dead, I wonder if Syndic will do a recap since we can’t see the other posts.

Jan 09, 2013 at 06:04PM EST

So are we going to need to send our turns for Turn 21 to Syndic’s new(old) account then?

I mean, if this is still going to continue

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 06:35PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 06:35PM EST

Why is everyone instantly assuming the game is over? He isn’t obligated to post a turn every day; we should wait for now.

Jan 09, 2013 at 06:57PM EST

madcat wrote:

Why is everyone instantly assuming the game is over? He isn’t obligated to post a turn every day; we should wait for now.

I assumed the game was over because he deac’d and I didn’t get the message his old account was revived until later.

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:10PM EST

MDFification wrote:

Wow, deac’d again. Ouch.
Locking.

mfw:

I had to reactivate my old account because apparently there are still some people who doubt if I am the real Syndic. I was refraining from posting because I did not want any of my posts to be covered up without being seen. I am not sure where that leaves this thread, since the entire thing is now pretty much dead and buried with my newer account.

We can take this opportunity to start again, or just keep going with the present game. I say “opportunity” because I have learned a few lessons in this game about what works and what doesn’t, and I can put those lessons to good use to make the game more action focused and player oriented from the start, with less of the long slog from the stone ages up to Victorian era and more contact between players early on in the game.

Of course that would mean ditching the present game, but we can’t see it any more so why not?
I will leave this decision open for debate, and if I see a favorable return I’ll go ahead and take that option.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 07:58PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 07:58PM EST

I would be up to starting a new game. I heavily relied on looking at older turns to make my decisions and since that is no longer an option I would like to start over.
Glad to see you didn’t leave KYM again, Syndic. It would’ve sucked to have the game end like that.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:05PM EST

If we start a new game, I feel that we should at least get a concluding post for this one.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:06PM EST

I’m willing to start a new game. I got myself stuck in this alliance, and it became a huge a hindrance. That’s pretty much my only reason to want to restart but yeah.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:08PM EST

Honestly, I want to keep playing the old one and get a plot summary so far, but if you want to start a new one, go ahead.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:10PM EST

Vlad wrote:

If we start a new game, I feel that we should at least get a concluding post for this one.

RIP Angmar. A conclusion post seems nice.

Also, since your Fringe idea worked out pretty well, you should take this chance to do something really easy cool.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:12PM EST

I gotta admit, I will miss my alliance if we restart. But we can start a new alliance! A better alliance!

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:14PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

I gotta admit, I will miss my alliance if we restart. But we can start a new alliance! A better alliance!

Don’t worry. I’ll make sure to invent those again.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:36PM EST

The Year 2000

Fringe World
WorldPop: 0.1 billion
-A massive detonation occurs in Crimea, wiping out the Russian and Ottoman empires, as well as depopulation a wide region surrounding the blast zone. Debris from the explosion darken the skies globally, resulting in a new ice age and rapid decrease of the world’s human population.

Prime World
Map
WorldPop: 16 billion
-China is eventually defeated by the combined forces of Angmar, Cattonia, and Syserror.
-Some time in the early 20th century, a great conflict breaks out between the powers of Eurasia and the Americas. Neither side wins. The war ends up being a constant feud for the few Atlantic islands large enough to support air and naval bases, and massive air battles are fought over the course of two decades for control of the ocean. The war ends in a stalemate, with most major powers broken from the expense of it.
-After the war, African colonies begin to rebel against their masters. Egypt manages to conquer a vast swath of sub-Saharan Africa, but the empire is shattered during the second world war.
-The second world war, essentially a repeat of the first, is once more fought over the Atlantic ocean. A brief nuclear exchange puts an end to it and the lives of several billion people. Fortunately, nuclear technology was not at it’s apex yet, resulting in not-quite-the-end-of-the-world.
-A world assembly is constructed to prevent future conflicts from resulting in such a massive death toll. Peace reigns throughout most of the world for the last half of the 20th century.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 10:19PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 10:06PM EST

Alright, I’m cool with a restart. So long as I retain Syserror and my national color.

Although my nation had a good start this game, I felt like I was building my empire into a corner anyway. The only way I could expand was through China and Fasier which probably wasn’t going to be fun, especially not for Fasier. I wanted to become a globalized corporate trading power and ended up being just a whole bunch of boats scattered over the place with little economic influence on anything.

@Madcat

I’m willing to start a new game. I got myself stuck in this alliance, and it became a huge a hindrance. That’s pretty much my only reason to want to restart but yeah.

Hey, screw you pal. I helped you take over Arabia.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 10:20PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 10:17PM EST

Syndic wrote:

mfw:

I had to reactivate my old account because apparently there are still some people who doubt if I am the real Syndic. I was refraining from posting because I did not want any of my posts to be covered up without being seen. I am not sure where that leaves this thread, since the entire thing is now pretty much dead and buried with my newer account.

We can take this opportunity to start again, or just keep going with the present game. I say “opportunity” because I have learned a few lessons in this game about what works and what doesn’t, and I can put those lessons to good use to make the game more action focused and player oriented from the start, with less of the long slog from the stone ages up to Victorian era and more contact between players early on in the game.

Of course that would mean ditching the present game, but we can’t see it any more so why not?
I will leave this decision open for debate, and if I see a favorable return I’ll go ahead and take that option.

Soooooorry, someone decided not to send me the memo.

EDIT: I notice that despite the fact that the world wars were fought over the atlantic islands, and nobody won, Poland owns all of them.
Nobody wins when Poland wins.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 10:45PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 10:40PM EST

So here’s how the next game is going to work: First of all, to promote player interactions your starting locations will be limited to Europe. This will also make colonization interesting, semi-historical, and relevant. To keep out of the boring old ancient age, we start at 1453. This date is the fall of Byzantium, marking the final end of the Roman Empire. To make sure you don’t keep inventing things that can’t be invented, I’m going to go ahead and allow y’all to do whatever is plausible, probably meaning a very early industrial revolution. But that’s what you get for being centuries ahead of your subjects IRL. I will describe in greater detail how to structure your turns and what you can/can’t do when I post the first turn.

In order to play you must submit to me the following in this thread: nation name, government type (archbishopric, kingdom, republic), location in Europe, and map color. Your nation will be culturally kin to whatever people the region you select already has. The first turn of the game will describe the altered history prior to 1453, how your nations got there, and present relations with neighboring states. You may NOT play as a nation that exists IRL. Make up a new one.

Only the green regions are valid starting locations.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 11:01PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 10:48PM EST

I’ll come back as Fasier again. Same color, but I’ll start out on the Yangtse River this time, to make it more ahem “realistic”.

Strike that. I was ninja’d. I’ll take the Portugal region, with a kingdom government type.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 10:52PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 10:48PM EST

Syserror will be returning. Same color (#0000FF). Same government (Republic)

I’ll take the Ukraine region

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:25PM EST

>boring old ancient age
More like the bestest age.

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:34PM EST

Nation: Korpiklaandi
Gov: Kingdom
Colour: Dark purple, like last time.
Location: The northern points of Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:54AM EST

I just read though one of my old nation RP threads. Apparently I have done at least four of these! Anyway, I have been inspired by my past self to reconstruct the game in a hopefully more awesome format from times gone by. I will be posting a first turn within 17 hours from this post to show you what I am talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/S1GNF.jpg

There are a lot of elements on that map that I want to bring back such as cities, fog, and trade routes. Oh, and flags! Feel free to include a flag in your post when claiming a spot in Europe.

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:33AM EST

Nation: Seccia (again, I guess)
Government: Republic
Colour, Same as before (or CC6600)

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:17AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Alright, I’m cool with a restart. So long as I retain Syserror and my national color.

Although my nation had a good start this game, I felt like I was building my empire into a corner anyway. The only way I could expand was through China and Fasier which probably wasn’t going to be fun, especially not for Fasier. I wanted to become a globalized corporate trading power and ended up being just a whole bunch of boats scattered over the place with little economic influence on anything.

@Madcat

Hey, screw you pal. I helped you take over Arabia.

I meant the WTC. You helped me out.

EDIT: For setting up.
Nation Name: Cattonia
Government: Kingdom
Color: #416600

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 07:04AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 06:58AM EST

Nation Name: Angmar
Government: Oligarchy
Color: Dark Gray

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 07:37AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 07:34AM EST

Name: Kickassia
Gocernment: Kingdom
Location: The northeast tip of europe. (Basically the area around Russia)
Color: Dark Yellow

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 07:43AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 07:41AM EST

Name: Amorica
Government: Noble Republic
Color: Light Blue
EDIT: Since Gaels and Basques both live in that region can I have a hybrid culture?

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 08:41AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 08:31AM EST

MDFification wrote:

Name: Amorica
Government: Noble Republic
Color: Light Blue
EDIT: Since Gaels and Basques both live in that region can I have a hybrid culture?

Gaels? The southern Aquitaine region is marked on Eu3’s map as Basque. The rest of it is various French languages. That is the reference I will be using:

Note: Major pre-game changes to culture may occur due to player nations.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:58AM EST

Can I return?

If so

Hessia
starting area: Somewhere in Germany
colour: Orange or Red
(i will come up with a flag if i may rejoin)

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 10:42AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 10:39AM EST

Spider-byte wrote:

Can I return?

If so

Hessia
starting area: Somewhere in Germany
colour: Orange or Red
(i will come up with a flag if i may rejoin)

You may… I have no idea what would make you think that you can’t.

Also, I said to make up your own country. Hessia is a real place.

And you are going to have to be more specific about the starting region if you are picking a location within the Holy Roman Empire, because your nation’s location will effect the integrity of the empire in one way or another.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:46AM EST

Syndic wrote:

You may… I have no idea what would make you think that you can’t.

Also, I said to make up your own country. Hessia is a real place.

And you are going to have to be more specific about the starting region if you are picking a location within the Holy Roman Empire, because your nation’s location will effect the integrity of the empire in one way or another.

Oh shi- really i came uo with something on the spot how about….

Autharia

and located near Oldenburg.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:01AM EST

Nation: Medicea
Area: UK or if that is not available Ireland
Color: Hot Pink of course
Government: Oligarchy
Flag:

(aw yiss overused symbols)

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 02:40PM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 02:39PM EST

Ooh, hope I’m not late.