Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Name Origins

Last posted Jan 13, 2013 at 09:24PM EST. Added Dec 19, 2012 at 03:33PM EST
68 posts from 57 users

Santa, because Christmas.

My original name, supermack177, came from a few sources:
Super, because I wanted to be cool. Which is cooler, a Saiyan, or a Super Saiyan?
Mack is a corruption of my first name.
177 is spun off from 117, because I like Halo.

A very, very long time ago I was deciding on a Youtube username, which would become my first real username of consequence. I brought up a list of suffixes to go with the prefix "Pseudo-", which I thought sounded very cool. None of them made sense, until I finally stumbled on -genesis. Thus Pseudogenesis (False Creation) was born. It's never taken on any of the websites I try to register on, either.

My very first username was giygox34, because I liked giygas at the time, and that 34 is. Kinda ironic. The Shy Guy stemming from my admiration of the character. And if you wanna go before KYM and after giygas, I named my self Notodon because it sounds awesome. My cats name, Ninja, was coined when he used to attack our heels, and me being a cat lover, stuck a new username. Call me what you want, Ninja, Giygox, Notodon, and Shy Guy, cuz I'm the same.

I think I have answered this before, but that must have been quite a while ago.

Well, here goes. My grandparents are from Greek decent, and my name in Greek is Nikolaki. (Pronounced Nick-oh-la-key, which basically means Nicholas Jr. since my Grandpa was named Nicholas as well) I just thought though it had a nice ring to it.

And surprisingly, the, "8" isn't just a number I decided to plop in randomly. When I was born, my Grandpa (Nicholas) gave me a toy train with 8 wheels on it. I love that thing so much. It's priceless to me. So from then on, my username became Nikolaki8 for everything. (Occasionally TheNikolaki8)

So there you go. You learnt my real name, (which I have never released on this site before I don't think) and the origin of my username. Congratulations.

Because the first three harry Potter computer games were my childhood. Mainly 1 and 2, potentially 2 for the Game Cube as well, never anything from book 4 and on, when it gets all darker and edgier and not about collecting Wizard Cards. Specifically, Bertie Bott is a Golden Wizard Card in Chamber Of Secrets, the first one you find and is one of two that makes sound when you walk up to it. Is neat, no?

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I think I have answered this before, but that must have been quite a while ago.

Well, here goes. My grandparents are from Greek decent, and my name in Greek is Nikolaki. (Pronounced Nick-oh-la-key, which basically means Nicholas Jr. since my Grandpa was named Nicholas as well) I just thought though it had a nice ring to it.

And surprisingly, the, "8" isn't just a number I decided to plop in randomly. When I was born, my Grandpa (Nicholas) gave me a toy train with 8 wheels on it. I love that thing so much. It's priceless to me. So from then on, my username became Nikolaki8 for everything. (Occasionally TheNikolaki8)

So there you go. You learnt my real name, (which I have never released on this site before I don't think) and the origin of my username. Congratulations.

Fun fact: Your avatar has been the same for over a year now!

Well my name on here is a reflection of what I am in real life, im pretty unimaginative when it comes to it hence how I ended up with such a blunt alias.

Nazi- For my extreme far-right political views
Pariah- Im an outcast when it comes to friends, having my political views doesn't help either

Crazy☾?
It's kind of a long series of inferences about me and my favorite pony.

I'm (extremely) interested in astronomy, so that explains the waning crescent moon.
Another word for Crazy is Lunatic.
Luna could be called somewhat crazy when she was Nightmare Moon.
In Roman mythology, Luna is the goddess and divine embodiment of the Moon.
A fanatic is someone who is very enthusiastic about something.
I'm enthusiastic about Luna.
Lunatic.
Crazy.
Crazy☾.

tl;dr: I like Luna.

@Crimson Locks
You are the only person in the history of forever that has pronounced my name right.

@Quaπtum Meme
Yep. Every other one I think of is terrible! :D

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!