Get a 25 killstreak and call in a Tactical Nuke

Last edited Dec 23, 2012 at 06:06PM EST
Dec 23, 2012 at 06:06PM EST

“>rendezvous with the nearby space station orbiting this planet
>blame the deaths of your comrades on the pirates
>request repairs
>you saved the day!”

“>Quickly get to the radio and call in for assistance”

The Station accosts you before you can make any sort of call. They saw everything, they were literally only five miles away. And even if they didn’t they know, the Pirates were in orbit around Titania when the Pings went out. They hurl a few insults and express their unbelief that you thought you could get away with this.

Also they’re calling the Space Police.

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:06PM EST

>charge lasor
>blast ’em
>pillage the wreckage
>you are a pirate

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:11PM EST

Cale wrote:

Gettin’ real sick of your shit, Nair.

All because I’d rather do what’s “practical” instead of what’s “fun”?

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:41PM EST

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:47PM EST

Syndic wrote:

To me it’s more fun to “stay alive and get the job done” than simply “do random shit”.

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:50PM EST

Because you first made a snide remark to everyone involved, then made a tongue in cheek hyperlink to self-advertise, and then continued with this statement to rear a form of condescension. Yes, we do things that are fun. This is why we call this the Just For Fun board, and there is no such thing as practicality. It’s a series of frames illustrated in MS Paint with no real recognition towards mannerisms designed to reflect actions that one would consider “practical” or “serious”, those subjects in themselves subject to the falsified paradigms of those who assume themselves the better of other for having almost a grasp of what it could be like to be in something similar to a situation found in various mediums of fiction depicting exaggerated and delusional concepts found in real world scenarios.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:01PM EST

Cale wrote:

Because you first made a snide remark to everyone involved, then made a tongue in cheek hyperlink to self-advertise, and then continued with this statement to rear a form of condescension. Yes, we do things that are fun. This is why we call this the Just For Fun board, and there is no such thing as practicality. It’s a series of frames illustrated in MS Paint with no real recognition towards mannerisms designed to reflect actions that one would consider “practical” or “serious”, those subjects in themselves subject to the falsified paradigms of those who assume themselves the better of other for having almost a grasp of what it could be like to be in something similar to a situation found in various mediums of fiction depicting exaggerated and delusional concepts found in real world scenarios.

Read my post just above yours.

I find ways to have fun. I just find them by getting things done rather than just goofing off.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:03PM EST

Read my post just above yours.

I find ways to have fun. I just find them by getting things done rather than just goofing off.

That isn’t fun. That literally does not qualify under the definition of Fun . What you describe is rather the sense of satisfaction of fulfillment. If you literally cannot have fun I would prefer if you not involve yourself in this.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:11PM EST

Cale wrote:

That isn’t fun. That literally does not qualify under the definition of Fun . What you describe is rather the sense of satisfaction of fulfillment. If you literally cannot have fun I would prefer if you not involve yourself in this.

So I get enjoyment out of satisfaction of things getting done, so what?

How does that not qualify as a certain type of “fun”?

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:15PM EST

Satisfaction =/= this is not up for debate, nor is the rest of this anymore.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:40PM EST

Cale wrote:

Satisfaction =/= this is not up for debate, nor is the rest of this anymore.

So in other words, players of video games that strive to improve their performance so they can get things done more efficiently aren’t playing for what they see as “fun”?

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:42PM EST

>AT,HOT: Shut the duck up.

You do not shut up, because you are a free American, and may say whatever you feel like because that’s what the first Amendment says. Fuck all those other amendments, they’re not important. Except the one about guns. Which one is that? Ah, who cares.

You continue to absentmindedly spout a lot of nonsense about “getting things done” and ruin everyone’s good time in the process. Moving on.

>Enterprise: Unconditional Surrender.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:44PM EST

Fridge posted:

You do not shut up, because you are a free American, and may say whatever you feel like because that’s what the first Amendment says. Fuck all those other amendments, they’re not important. Except the one about guns. Which one is that? Ah, who cares.

You continue to absentmindedly spout a lot of nonsense about “getting things done” and ruin everyone’s good time in the process. Moving on.

Because I will continue to throw out “practical” ideas that I know will simply get passed over by an OP that doesn’t like it when someone else’ definition of “fun” doesn’t match up with their own.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:47PM EST

Fridge posted:

Because I will continue to throw out “practical” ideas that I know will simply get passed over by an OP that doesn’t like it when someone else’ definition of “fun” doesn’t match up with their own.

I give up. This guy’s hopeless.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:51PM EST

Nair, but your derailment of this thread was uncalled for. You stopped other people’s enjoyment to force your own opinion of fun onto everyone and denounce their idea of fun. If you don’t find this fun, then that’s fine go make your own thread, but don’t stop an existing thread that was going fine already to tell everyone, and insult their enjoyment in the process. You could have just started your own thread and see how it goes. It was incredibly ignorant of you.

Nair, stop this derailment and continue for once.

I’m usually calm when it comes to these type of things, but your ignorance and hostility is just plain rude and insulting. Theres no changing you, you’ll always be openly hostile to everyone who disagrees with you. I give up.

EDITED BECAUSE I NEED TO GET RID OF MY USUAL FORMALITY.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 06:04PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 05:51PM EST

Random 21 wrote:

Nair, but your derailment of this thread was uncalled for. You stopped other people’s enjoyment to force your own opinion of fun onto everyone and denounce their idea of fun. If you don’t find this fun, then that’s fine go make your own thread, but don’t stop an existing thread that was going fine already to tell everyone, and insult their enjoyment in the process. You could have just started your own thread and see how it goes. It was incredibly ignorant of you.

I’m usually calm when it comes to these type of things, but your ignorance and hostility is just plain rude and insulting. Theres no changing you, you’ll always be openly hostile to everyone who disagrees with you. I give up.

I haven’t even started my own thread, and the one I linked to isn’t going anywhere.

So go on, do what you want, I’ll just go back to playing World of Tanks while you guys continue to mess up at every turn.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:53PM EST

Moving on then..
>Run the f*ck away out of sight!
>Cleverly disguise your ship (by cleverly I mean with one of these)

>Try to contact the station again and hope the disguise works.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:57PM EST

Random 21 wrote:

don’t know why there are lines over that’s fine. Sorry.

Dec 24, 2012 at 06:23PM EST

And then we all argued pointlessly on the internet.
The end.

Great story guys, lets do this again sometime.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 06:38PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 06:37PM EST

Fridge posted:

It isn’t “my” definition of fun, it’s the legal, universally recognized definition of fun published and established across regional and language barriers.

Dec 24, 2012 at 06:39PM EST

Cale wrote:

It isn’t “my” definition of fun, it’s the legal, universally recognized definition of fun published and established across regional and language barriers.

And that means that any other definition is automatically invalid, right?

Dec 24, 2012 at 06:41PM EST

>fire the space rockets at the BLU ship, then warp speed outta there!

Dec 24, 2012 at 06:48PM EST

To me it’s more fun to “stay alive and get the job done” than simply “do random shit”.

This is the most serious of business.
Our imaginary crew of pixellated astronauts laud your no-nonsense leadership.

EDIT:
>Redeem yourself by ramming the pirates to death.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 06:56PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 06:53PM EST

And that means that any other definition is automatically invalid, right?

There is not one universally correct definition of what fun is. Fun is different things for different people. For example, while Nair finds FPS’ and off-road racers fun, I find puzzle games and visual novels fun. Just like how some people find this kind of random thread fun, Nair may find more serious topics fun. Both of you need to respect each others version of fun.

Dec 24, 2012 at 06:58PM EST

Nair, you have the masses against you here. Maybe this isn’t your type of thread, but you’re expecting your way to be accepted when 9 out 10 users are completely against it. You don’t control the forum, let alone even this thread, so stop acting like you do. This isn’t about fun, this is about having the majority in votes. And currently, you are in a minority with you against everyone.

There is no discussion value here, end of story. You tried it your way, but lost against the masses. Now give up and let other users have it their way.

OP, please get your thread back on topic again.

>Press random buttons, something is certain to happen.

Edit: Locking by request of OP.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 07:52PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 07:37PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!