Forums / Just For Fun

309,670 total conversations in 8,344 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Forum Thanks Awards 2012

Last posted Jan 04, 2013 at 05:15PM EST. Added Dec 30, 2012 at 03:13AM EST
97 conversations with 34 participants

I’m a bit saddened to see I didn’t even get on the poll with the artists but then again I never post any of my actual work her.

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:05PM EST

I realized…
This is just one big popularity contest, and not based off of actual reasoning.

5 of these involve the word Favorite.
If this is a KYM Forum Thanks Awards.
Why is this based off of popularity?

Last edited Jan 01, 2013 at 03:03PM EST
Jan 01, 2013 at 03:01PM EST

A user poll is already rather reliant on the experiences and biases of the voter, I see nothing wrong with summing up “In your opinion, who made the most notable contribution to this section?” with “Favorite”.

Last edited Jan 01, 2013 at 03:25PM EST
Jan 01, 2013 at 03:25PM EST

Verbose, you freakin rule.

Also, I guess I know how it happened, but why was Patrick nominated for Knucklehead?

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:07PM EST

>MFW I am completely winning the Knucklehead category beating out Thomas Nair.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:49PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

>MFW I am completely winning the Knucklehead category beating out Thomas Nair.

You do realize this isn’t a good thing right
You do realize
this means we hate you
more
than Nair

Jan 01, 2013 at 09:02PM EST

Colmei wrote:

You do realize this isn’t a good thing right
You do realize
this means we hate you
more
than Nair

You do realize this Category is a light hearted category?
The description is “Beloved Baka” when you vote.
Beloved.

But in all seriousness this is an award who goes to a person seems to be everywhere around the forums, and the site, but not lurking.

Anyway Knucklehead is also another term of endearment. Also People who view this as a negative award really need to lighten up. Why must it be negative? Goku was a Knucklehead, but look how many times he has saved Earth from destruction.

Last edited Jan 01, 2013 at 10:06PM EST
Jan 01, 2013 at 09:58PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

The Fight For The Family Photographer Award begins.

Who will win this Epic battle?

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:42AM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

You do realize this Category is a light hearted category?
The description is “Beloved Baka” when you vote.
Beloved.

But in all seriousness this is an award who goes to a person seems to be everywhere around the forums, and the site, but not lurking.

Anyway Knucklehead is also another term of endearment. Also People who view this as a negative award really need to lighten up. Why must it be negative? Goku was a Knucklehead, but look how many times he has saved Earth from destruction.

The OP post really reads “For that one guy who annoys you and the people around you”, not “He who just posts a lot”.

It’s not the term itself people go after, it’s the description. I know it’s not a nice thing to say Ann, but this is a worst user award and you know it. Lying to yourself about its actual meaning won’t change that. Sorry. It was the exact reason why I suggested to remove this one from the listing, winning this just tells you people dislike you, not something a user prefers to know.

Guess this can also do with a Feature until it’s over.

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 06:21PM EST
Jan 02, 2013 at 06:10PM EST

“It’s not the term itself people go after, it’s the description.”

And that’s why everyone is most likely wondering why Ann is so determined to get this award.

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 06:29PM EST
Jan 02, 2013 at 06:26PM EST

Q. M. wrote:

“It’s not the term itself people go after, it’s the description.”

And that’s why everyone is most likely wondering why Ann is so determined to get this award.

Well, recognition is recognition, I guess. I wasn’t too keen on that award either, but then again, I’m not too keen on awards in general (I do appreciate the votes so far though,) and I’m not too keen on the thread.

But yes, recognition. Even if it’s not a desirable award, it might be something that you think you have the best shot at getting, and therefore, recognition. Sometimes, people think it’s better to be known for something somewhat bad than to kinda just be that one guy. (Not to be confused with “That Guy,” who’s a bit quirky and not someone you’d take home to Mother.)

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:59PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Well, recognition is recognition, I guess. I wasn’t too keen on that award either, but then again, I’m not too keen on awards in general (I do appreciate the votes so far though,) and I’m not too keen on the thread.

But yes, recognition. Even if it’s not a desirable award, it might be something that you think you have the best shot at getting, and therefore, recognition. Sometimes, people think it’s better to be known for something somewhat bad than to kinda just be that one guy. (Not to be confused with “That Guy,” who’s a bit quirky and not someone you’d take home to Mother.)

Completely forgot about the recognition factor. It’s the only reason anyone would want a good award unless it’s the best one out there.

For me, I’ll just be Quantum Meme, that one guy who posts ‘n’ lurks like a typical forum user, yet, just like every one else who posts on the fora, I’m simply recognised as a forum goer.

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 07:07PM EST
Jan 02, 2013 at 07:04PM EST

I apologize, it was my fault for the misunderstanding on the Knucklhead Thing. (and my proofreaders fault for not pointing it out to me)

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:57PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

The OP post really reads “For that one guy who annoys you and the people around you”, not “He who just posts a lot”.

It’s not the term itself people go after, it’s the description. I know it’s not a nice thing to say Ann, but this is a worst user award and you know it. Lying to yourself about its actual meaning won’t change that. Sorry. It was the exact reason why I suggested to remove this one from the listing, winning this just tells you people dislike you, not something a user prefers to know.

Guess this can also do with a Feature until it’s over.

“tells you people dislike you, not something a user prefers to know.”
Actually I am fine knowing people dislike me, I just wish they would say it to me.
Just say it. Why are you people so afraid to voice your opinions?

Anyways Natsuru with the above (and now below) post confirms that my post concerning the Knucklehead Award is indeed not a negative award.

Last edited Jan 03, 2013 at 12:45AM EST
Jan 03, 2013 at 12:28AM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I apologize, it was my fault for the misunderstanding on the Knucklhead Thing. (and my proofreaders fault for not pointing it out to me)

Okay, so I misread what had been said before so I will sum it up.

Knucklehead by my definition is essentially “Loveable Dork” or “Likeable Idiot”, something endearing. However, when I originally wrote the descriptions for each category it was midnight and I was having trouble summing up what I wanted to say.

I did have 3 other people proofread the list just in case I made a mistake like that, but nobody else (even Ann) caught it, so it was posted like that. But it was also my fault that I didn’t wait until I was fully awake and aware to check it myself.

So yes, if you now understand that and wish to change your vote based on that information, please PM me and I will do so. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Jan 03, 2013 at 12:38AM EST

For god’s sake, there was a “most hated” category last year (according to older users) and if people uninvolved in the category are more offended by the “Knucklehead” category than the person that is “winning” this category then I think it is time to move on and enjoy the rest of the internet.

Jan 03, 2013 at 12:51AM EST

Guess what Crimson Locks?
I won that award last year, and was not offended at all.

Jan 03, 2013 at 12:55AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

For god’s sake, there was a “most hated” category last year (according to older users) and if people uninvolved in the category are more offended by the “Knucklehead” category than the person that is “winning” this category then I think it is time to move on and enjoy the rest of the internet.

>When a very small amount of users are posting in a Hurt/Heal thread against a user, we get blamed of shit moderating and not doing anything against it, while we actually are but people didn’t bother checking.
>When there is a case of a believed worst user category in a Forum Awards thread in which one user is dominating, we get blamed of overprotection when jumping in and are expected to just deal with it.

You guys are never happy, are you? Thankfully Ann isn’t offended by this, so I’ll just leave this case be. I would rather change my vote now that I know the actual meaning of the award, but the person who I want to change it to isn’t nominated.

Last edited Jan 03, 2013 at 03:07PM EST
Jan 03, 2013 at 03:00PM EST

Also I dropped out of the Artist Category, and gave my Vote to Evil Nemesis.

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:07AM EST

It is Midnight, time is up, polls are closed, and it is time to announce the results and hand out the invisible digital trophies!

To RandomMan we give the Shipper Award! Your Large Contribution of Animated Gifs and Endless Supply of Swag in the world of Shipping has left people in Lawed. Congratulations!
Runner Up: Gamzee/Slendy, for all the Humorous Ships posted early in the shipping threads life. Also because of Ric Ships.

To Natsuru Springfield we give the Family Photographer Award! (I am honestly confused as to why I won this, so go ahead and explain it to me if you know.)
Runner Up: Ann Hiro, for the sheer amount of Family Photos created.

To Natsuru Springfield we also give the Artist Award! For the amount of work fulfilled and starting the use of Art Livestreams to take requests.
Runners Up: Suiseiseki, for lasting though the entire year and being the modern father of Art Threads, and Mexx, for Quality over Quantity.

To X-Singular we give the News Reporter Award! For (apparently) the thread started about the Syrian War and any other news he may have shared.
Runner Up: Katie C, for regular reports in both the Political World and the Real World.

To DarkErmac we give the Game Master Award! For being the Dungeon Master of the ASCRPG Series.
Runner Up: Syndic, for the Nation RP Series recently rebooted.

To RandomMan we also give the Backseat Web Designer Award! For standing as a conservative web designer.
Runner Up: Evan, for his recent slew of suggestions.

To Verbose we give the Most Helpful Award! “Never gets mad, usually really neutral, and has a ton to say.” ~Ann Hiro
Runner Up: Natsuru Springfield, “Motherly properties” ~Ann Hiro. If you think you know the answer, go ahead and speak up.

To Ann Hiro we give the Knucklehead Award! For his humorous egotistical ways or “A misunderstANNding”. More on that in a second
Runner Up: Nair/American Tanker, likely due to the MisunderstANNding and the bitter vocalization of his unpopular opinions.

And to Verbose we also give the Best Forum Moderator Award! For pretty much the same reasons he got the Most Helpful Award and other Modly Qualities.
Runner Up: RandomMan, for his quick respond and action time and his ability to gain control of negative situations.

Even though not everybody walked out with an invisible metal today, if you managed to even get nominated into this in the first place you are a Winner In My Book.

So why do you think these people won these awards? Do you think any of them or their competitors could have done better in their respective areas? Share your opinion!

Note, for the apparent misunderstanding of what a Knucklehead is, if enough people feel it is necessary for me to do so I will start up a new poll for the recasting of Knucklehead.

Again, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 03:39AM EST
Jan 04, 2013 at 03:21AM EST

So, now that the awards have been handed out, I think it’s reasonable to remove the Featured status of/lock this thread, no?

Jan 04, 2013 at 12:01PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

So, now that the awards have been handed out, I think it’s reasonable to remove the Featured status of/lock this thread, no?

Nah, man.
First, there is a shitstorm coming from all those who didn’t win an award.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 12:08PM EST
Jan 04, 2013 at 12:07PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

We have to allow people to share their thought about this entire thing first.

*Ann runs off into the sunset with invisible trophy over head while this song starts playing*

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 12:20PM EST
Jan 04, 2013 at 12:12PM EST
and Mexx, for Quality over Quantity.

Quality?

But seriously, thanks to the guys who voted for me. I didn’t win the award but the fact that people voted for me say a lot. Thanks again!

@RandomMan

How does it feel being the king of shipping now?

Jan 04, 2013 at 12:34PM EST

GUISE WHY DIDN’T I WIN ANYTHING

YOU ALL ARE SO MEAN GUISE

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:09PM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

GUISE WHY DIDN’T I WIN ANYTHING

YOU ALL ARE SO MEAN GUISE

You got Twitter Expert.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:10PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

You got Twitter Expert.

DAT DOSNT COUUUUUUNT

IT’S NOT A FORUM AWAAAAAARD

Anyways, congrats to all the winners.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:17PM EST

Mfw I’m lost the Knucklehead Award:

Mfw one person voted for me for the Knucklehead Award:

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 02:22PM EST
Jan 04, 2013 at 02:21PM EST

So you are gonna kill the person that actually likes you?

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:34PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

So you are gonna kill the person that actually likes you?

The Knucklehead Award is pretty much the award for the worst member.

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:41PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Okay, so I misread what had been said before so I will sum it up.

Knucklehead by my definition is essentially “Loveable Dork” or “Likeable Idiot”, something endearing. However, when I originally wrote the descriptions for each category it was midnight and I was having trouble summing up what I wanted to say.

I did have 3 other people proofread the list just in case I made a mistake like that, but nobody else (even Ann) caught it, so it was posted like that. But it was also my fault that I didn’t wait until I was fully awake and aware to check it myself.

So yes, if you now understand that and wish to change your vote based on that information, please PM me and I will do so. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote for convince of viewing.

As said at the end of the results, if people feel there was too much confusion caused by this I will redo the Knucklehead category.

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:49PM EST

chowzburgerz wrote:

The Knucklehead Award is pretty much the award for the worst member.

Do you even read?

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:55PM EST

Ok, I’m sorry for my threat. I’m not an idiot, but I hope I’m likeable.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:01PM EST

This is why I didn’t release the exact results and who voted for who, to keep flamewars to a minimum.

You Will Never Make Me Talk!

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 03:32PM EST
Jan 04, 2013 at 03:30PM EST

@RandomMan

Congratulations about the Backseat Web Designer award, man. Verbose is still my idol, though.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:39PM EST

I’d like to say that I appreciate all of the votes. I just like to be helpful. I’m glad I’m not stepping on too many toes in the process.

And congratulations to everyone who got nominated and/or got an award.

Jan 04, 2013 at 05:15PM EST

Greetings! You must login or signup first!