Map of the Dead: How fucked are you?

Last posted Jan 26, 2013 at 11:07AM EST. Added Jan 05, 2013 at 02:44PM EST
31 posts from 27 users

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

There's a Costco nearby.

And a gun store.

And a hospital.

And an In-n-Out.

Good luck, guys. I think I'll be living paradise in my town.

But what happens when you run out of supplies?

I mean sure, Costco is a fucking megastore, but the food will spoil at some point and there will be many others who will want supplies as well.

This plan sounds good at the start but it will end badly if you don't change it along the way.

@Emi

We have a US military base over here, but it's pretty far and secluded.

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 04:16PM EST

I'm next door to two churches. Now before you think this is a good thing, The Zombie Survival Guide explains this well:
Forgive the expression, but places of worship are a mixed blessing. The main advantage of most churches, synagogues, mosques, and other houses of worship is that they are built to withstand forced entry. Most have heavy wood or metal doors. Windows tend to be high off the ground. A majority possess wrought-iron fences that, despite their aesthetic intent, can serve as added protection. When compared to many secular structures of equal size, your typical place of worship is surprisingly secure. However, the protection they offer during an outbreak will never be enough against the horde of zombies that are sure to come. The inevitable onslaught has, of course, nothing to do with the supernatural. Satan’s soldiers are not out to invade God’s house. Ultimate evil is not doing battle with ultimate good. The walking dead attack churches for one good reason: It’s where the food is. Despite their education, technical savvy, and professed disinterest in the spiritual world, urban Americans run, screaming to their gods, at the first sight of zombies. These places of worship, crammed with people loudly praying for their souls, have always served as beacons for the undead. Aerial photographs have shown zombies migrating, slowly, steadily, and with increasing numbers, toward their future slaughterhouse: the nearest church.
So yeah, I'm pretty boned.

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 04:17PM EST

There's a shitload of dry and canned food, barricades, and weapons in my house, and I'm not in a danger zone. Also I live near a corner store that's completely barricaded with shelves and all the windows have iron bars over them.
I guess I have a chance against them.

While we're on the topic of zombie and survival,

What kind of object or tool would use a weapon?

This has to be with what you have available now. You can also make a weapon from scratch if you have the materials.

-

For me, I'll use my fathers machete or maybe my grandfathers as well, if my grandma and uncle brought it with them when they moved that is.

My father also has plenty of tool in the back of my house, so I could use or make something.

You?

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 05:33PM EST

Myconix wrote:

I'm next door to two churches. Now before you think this is a good thing, The Zombie Survival Guide explains this well:
Forgive the expression, but places of worship are a mixed blessing. The main advantage of most churches, synagogues, mosques, and other houses of worship is that they are built to withstand forced entry. Most have heavy wood or metal doors. Windows tend to be high off the ground. A majority possess wrought-iron fences that, despite their aesthetic intent, can serve as added protection. When compared to many secular structures of equal size, your typical place of worship is surprisingly secure. However, the protection they offer during an outbreak will never be enough against the horde of zombies that are sure to come. The inevitable onslaught has, of course, nothing to do with the supernatural. Satan’s soldiers are not out to invade God’s house. Ultimate evil is not doing battle with ultimate good. The walking dead attack churches for one good reason: It’s where the food is. Despite their education, technical savvy, and professed disinterest in the spiritual world, urban Americans run, screaming to their gods, at the first sight of zombies. These places of worship, crammed with people loudly praying for their souls, have always served as beacons for the undead. Aerial photographs have shown zombies migrating, slowly, steadily, and with increasing numbers, toward their future slaughterhouse: the nearest church.
So yeah, I'm pretty boned.

>TFW 14 Churches in a three mile radius in town.

im near to 4 grocery stores, 1 doctor [my dad :D] , a liquor store, 1 church, a junkyard, a shcool, and im near to the hills. yeah, im good here. really good here. also up in the hills is a solar power station

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 09:08PM EST

Now that I'm not in a rush…

Fort Carson is about 15 minutes away and the Air Force base is 20. Quick rundown of what they have:

Artillery
Tanks
C-130s
F-16s
F-22s
F/A-18s
V-22s
Blackhawks
Apaches
Humvees
Infantry (National Guard + Army + Marines)
F-15s
…and a lot more

Now if those don't stop an invasion, there's also NORAD to the southwest and the mountains are a 20 minute drive away.

Seattle Northside represent, doh.

Apart from living in a large urban center, it's really not so bad, apart from how hard the filthy liberals make it to acquire weaponry. Boeing Field to the south has plenty of big jets, but it means crossing the city center if you're coming from the north, so it probably wouldn't be worth the risk. A lot of ferry service, and outdoor stores in the Pacific Northwest (of which there are plenty) mean kayaks and small boats, so with access to the large, stationary construction barges in Lake Washington to the west and to Puget Sound to the east, there are some good opportunities to escape. South through Puget Sound, water all the way, takes you to Joint Base Louis-McChord, which means C-17s, Chinooks, Humvees, Strykers and the like. Basically, transport stuff and Apaches. Head east to one of those Republican states, get a gun and find a small town. Namely, Mountain Home, Idaho, which has a bunch of F-15s in an incredibly isolated location and the Idaho Air National Guard nearby in Boise, with a bunch of A-10s.

Woo, zombies.

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 11:00PM EST

The only place I could get a weapon from is the military base far from my house. After that I only have a church (that won't help me in any way), a hospital and a shopping mall in a 2 miles radius. On the other hand, there's the airport, which I may use to escape if I find a plane.

If there was a zombie outbreak, I'm in an area that has (apparently) small, rather sparsely placed and easily quarantinable area (looking at the map anyway).

Other than that, tons of military near-by, more warehouses than I can count within a 45 minutes drive and tons of trains come through the area quite often. I'm pretty cool with it. Have a spot right by my house I could litterally turn into a castle of death that nothing other than other humans could kill me out of if I do it right.

I'm more afraid of the amount of pawn shops and gun stores that are just everywhere.
On the flip side, absurd amount of medical facilities.
Not sure if I'm in trouble or safe.

Quantum Meme wrote:

hahahahahaha

This is so inaccurate, there's guns in the UK

hahahahahaha

But seriously, I suppose I would be if I live in London…

i know of a shop in wimbledon that sells camping equipment, including air rifles (its not shown on the map but its between wimbledon and south wimbledon station if you follow the main road)

there's also a few police stations and a territorial army base near where i live

I may be screwed, but….

I could always go to this place up the road from my house….

Or the lighthouse….

It is a pretty coastal area, so I could get on a boat…

Hide in the hardware store…

Hide in the mall….

I reckon where I live is the safest place.

I live right on the edge of a danger zone but if I go west a little I'll be safe. And to my west all bunched together are a Walmart supercenter a sams club and then a hardware store.

Currently I'm on my boarding school in the middle of nowhere, so we would be pretty safe here.
There is also a small village near where we could get food supplies pretty easily. Although our school's warming is done by oil or electricity (dun remember).
My hometown is also pretty small, and our home is surrounded by forests. We have some hunting weapons, a small sword collection, food, lot of firewood and we can gather supplies from the town center (which is only 1-2 km away) with little risk.

Well the only risky area in Finland is probably the south coast and a few 'large' city.

Last edited Jan 26, 2013 at 11:10AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!