Forums / Just For Fun

310,619 total conversations in 8,366 threads

+ New Thread


Fractal Labs (Forum story/game)

Last posted Jan 26, 2013 at 11:54PM EST. Added Jan 05, 2013 at 06:16PM EST
23 conversations with 12 participants

The sliding door was ajar when I woke up. I haven’t yet left the room, and find myself clinging to the fear that I wasn’t supposed to leave. I have no idea where I am, but have a vague remembrance of how I might have come here; I had signed up for medical testing to make a little extra cash. Of course, my wife had told me not to. “It’s too dangerous Alex!” she said, or “Think about your children!”, but I just passed it off as paranoia. We needed the money.

I took a deep breath and peered out the open sliding door. There was a hallway with several other similar doorways, all with their doors shut. To the left was a ramp leading up to another hallway.

Jan 05, 2013 at 06:16PM EST
Quote

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

>Flail your arms into the nearest door like a jellyfish having a seizure

slowly, quietly, I walked towards the door to the right of my cell, and attempted to slide it open. Seeing that I had made no progress, I proceeded to try bashing it down, succeeding at nothing more than hurting myself and ceasing my efforts.

I looked around, becoming worried and anxious. Despite this, I dare not call out of an irrational fear that I simply could not grasp, the fear that makes a lost child refuse to call out for its parents. In my silence, I listened; It was deathly quiet. Not even the fluorescent lights embedded in the walls were emitting their typical buzzing. It was disturbingly calm.

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 06:39PM EST
Jan 05, 2013 at 06:37PM EST
Quote

(I don’t get the reference)

I check the other four doors in the hallway, hoping that one will be a storage closet or something similar. After failing to open the doors, I returned to my initial cell and sat on the cot against the wall. I finally took a moment to examine my cell more closely, and saw that it contained a sink, the single cot that I was not sitting on, a small lightbulb embedded in the floor, and a table in the corner with a simple wooden chair.

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:14PM EST
Quote

Screw it, renaming my Milkglass alt I made to screw around with that Cookies person was stupid.

Switching back to my main account to do this, tired of switching when I want to post something.

@Saint Wsxdas no

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:39PM EST
Quote

>Take out the lightbulb, keeping it with me (incase I come to a dark room and there is an empty light socket), and also taking the chair, incase any danger arises and I need to use it as a weapon

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:50PM EST

>check the table/chair
or
>break the chair and use the chair leg as a weapon

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:59PM EST
Quote

I had the thought to smash the chair and use one of the legs as a weapon, but I was too afraid to make the sound. Instead, mustering up as much strength as I could, I pried one of the legs off of the chair, eliciting only a creak and a snap as it disconnected. Using my new impromptu weapon, I smashed the plastic cover over the floor light and unscrewed the bulb, holding on to it in case I might use it later.

(I’ve decided to write this in past-tense instead of present-tense, too bad I can’t edit the previous posts – and too bad I’d be too lazy to do it anyways.)

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:49PM EST
Quote

>Drink water from the sink in case you don’t find water anywhere else.

Jan 06, 2013 at 08:40PM EST
Quote

FlameHaste wrote:

>Drink water from the sink in case you don’t find water anywhere else.

I turned the knobs on the faucet and put my mouth into the flowing water. I got a few sips, but the water stopped flowing before I could drink my fill. I fiddled with the knobs for a moment, but all I got was a few more small drops. By this point I had begun to lose my irrational paranoia, and considered going out to the second hallway.

Jan 06, 2013 at 09:43PM EST
Quote

The quoted post has been deleted.

EVERYONE IGNORE THIS

He’s doing it wrong.

You’re supposed to say what the character should do, and I will type what he does.

Jan 06, 2013 at 09:50PM EST
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

EVERYONE IGNORE THIS

He’s doing it wrong.

You’re supposed to say what the character should do, and I will type what he does.

Sorry, I’m not good at this. You should probably look through the doors if they have a window on them. If not, slightly open them, who knows what’s inside.

Jan 06, 2013 at 09:54PM EST

Rukario wrote:

Sorry, I’m not good at this. You should probably look through the doors if they have a window on them. If not, slightly open them, who knows what’s inside.

I decided that I would make another attempt at sliding one of the doors open, this time making use of my new chair leg tool. I jammed the thin end of the chair leg into the port that the door slid into, and started prying the door open. Just before I thought the leg was going to break, the emitted a sound of breaking machinery, and it popped off of its guide rail. I peered through the crack in the door, only to be dismayed that the room on the other side was identical to that I awoke in.

Jan 07, 2013 at 01:31PM EST
Quote

(Why are you guys so obsessed with the rooms? I already said that the second room was identical, so the others likely are as well.)

I saw another chair identical to that in my cell, but could not fit through the small space I had managed to make. The door refused to slide further, and I assumed that I had completely broken the mechanism and locked it in place.

Jan 07, 2013 at 09:51PM EST
Quote

> Go down hallway. Probably check their is no ded body\s

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:29AM EST

MasterBurner wrote:

> Make sure you’re not dreaming.

We have a necromancer on the premesis

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:54PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!