Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Ways to be addicted to your fandom!

Last posted Jan 12, 2013 at 10:05PM EST. Added Jan 09, 2013 at 01:31AM EST
27 posts from 19 users

I'll start!

My Fandom – Bronies – I have been out multiple times to mcdonalds, just to get a happy meal with the toy in it. (MLP Toys)

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 01:31AM EST

Oh lord, Rukario. You're not this guy are you? Well anyway. I'm with the Bronies too. The most drastic I've ever done relating to ponies was wore a Derpy shirt to Busch Gardens looking for other Bronies. It's not that drastic, I know. But some 20-year-old faggot wearing a Fluttershy T-shirt flipped me off in public with children everywhere. I'm only 13. Don't you think that's a little much over somebody's opinion?

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 04:33AM EST

Über Mephisto wrote:

Oh lord, Rukario. You're not this guy are you? Well anyway. I'm with the Bronies too. The most drastic I've ever done relating to ponies was wore a Derpy shirt to Busch Gardens looking for other Bronies. It's not that drastic, I know. But some 20-year-old faggot wearing a Fluttershy T-shirt flipped me off in public with children everywhere. I'm only 13. Don't you think that's a little much over somebody's opinion?

But wait
wasn't he wearing a Fluttershy shir-
I'm confused.

Cite wrote:

But wait
wasn't he wearing a Fluttershy shir-
I'm confused.

That's what happened. Maybe he lost a bet and had to wear a pony shirt and he didn't want to associate with me?

Well, the obvious fandom would be the MLP fandom, but I'm also a pretty big Zelda fanboy as well.

And I certainly like Zelda from Skyward Sword. And I don't mean "She's the best Zelda in the series" (even though she is) or "OMG I want to have teh sexei tiems with her."

I mean, like…

She's just really cute…and stuff.

Click image for source.

>_>

No regrets!

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 07:56AM EST

^ I don't think you have to turn in your man card for thinking girls are adorable, Verbs. Girls can be adorable and it can be totally manly to think so. ….I hope. Maybe I should turn in mine…

Anyway, I'm not sure that I fall into any traditional fandoms per se, but I can tell you I've had a lot of discussions about this here show:

And I also actively involve myself in the online community surrounding the new Toonami:

Eh, it probably doesn't count as a real fandom, but it's the closest I've come to actually being in one.

I'm not so much in the fandom now, but I was so big on the anime thing that for a number of years most of my art was fanart. I have no regrets about this, because anime is what got me into being serious about my art and improving my skills to begin with.

I ignore any fandoms I'm a part of.

Professor Layton – Just play the games, don't ever enter discussion about it online.
Sega/Sonic – I'd probably lose faith in humanity just looking at the Sonic side. Plus, the Sega games I like aren't prolific enough/interesting enough to warrant much conversation.
Ace Attorney – Slightly more bearable than the Sonic fandom, but it gets far too sex-crazed for my tastes.
Mario/Nintendo – Another Sonic thing in terms of fandom. Also another Sega thing.
MST3K – The fandom is barely existent because everyone tries to keep the awesomeness to themselves.
Lupin – I'm not caught up enough to really talk with anyone about it.
Gravity Falls – Goddamn Tacos.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 02:32PM EST

Being that Touhou has spawned so many Game, Fan Game, Official Comics, Unofficial Comics, Light Novels, Yuri, Toys, Anime, Cosplayers, Music, and just 2047508274059 asstons of stuff; It's hard to become bored of it.

I'm into the Cybersix fandom.
I guess I loved that show since I was a little baby.

I had a crush on Jose (below) when I was little.

Now, after watching te last episode, my favorite character is…

…Von Richter!

A guy on YouTube asked me why I like him. He said that Von Richter was a Nazi and the main antagonist of the show. According to him, Von Richter was the definition of evil.
I told him that Von Richter was wise, smart, and had a good side. I quoted his request to Cybersix, for her to work alongside him.

Von Richter is the creator of Cybersix (below), the main character of the show.

Kris wrote:

Driving to Bronycon. I live in Florida. That is all.

North Florida or South Florida? God be with you if you're coming from Orlando or something.

I drove from Eastern Missouri. Through Indiana. 18 hours (I had to take a nap on the way, with a few gas and food stops). No company.

Verbose wrote:

North Florida or South Florida? God be with you if you're coming from Orlando or something.

I drove from Eastern Missouri. Through Indiana. 18 hours (I had to take a nap on the way, with a few gas and food stops). No company.

"Through Indiana".
YEAH WELL FUCK YOU TOO VERBOSE
>_>

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 07:34PM EST

@Verbose
From Eastern Missouri? Where the hell are you from?

Anyway.. For ponies, I've really just bought custom/official merchandise. Mostly I just read some of the stories when I have a bit of time. Not much of a con person, so they never interested me much.

First fandom (still kinda a fanboy about it, but not outwardly fanboy) I was hardcore for.

Then Pokeman's, haven't been into it for a long time now, but Dragonite is still bitchin in my book.

After Pokemans I was too busy/not on the internets, so I didn't have one for a long time, then I found this guy by accident.

Needless to say, I did. Some fun times…
after DW, didn't get a new one till KS.

But anyway, I have been a Warhawk fan, it's lead me to online forums and the general internets. I wouldn't be here without it…or even with video games that are online. I have Spyro stuff, it has always been really hard to find, and the original stuff is harder and harder to find everyday. I'm done buying stuff related. My fandoms don't lead me to create much or get involved, other than with Warhawk some of my input may have been used to the sequel…sadly.

@Crazy☾

I'm from Georgia. But I went to grad school in Missouri. No, I don't have a redneck accent. It's more of a news anchor Midwestern accent with a slight Southern dialect.

I'm not a con person either, but I went to Bronycon anyway.

Because I'm just that addicted.

I also got a bunch of prints from some artists like semehammer (at a St. Louis convention,) Megasweet (I swear it was for a friend), aphexangel, and others.

I also met olivia and amanda and brad and don and Bob and opspe, but they aren't Poni.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 09:12PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Oh yeah, and I have had plenty of (semi)hardcore crushes on anime characters in my day. Thankfully I never crossed the border of not realizing they weren't real.

I did the exact same thing when I was younger.

yeah, when I was younger…

So this is basically a "brag about your shameless geek adventures in real life" thread? If so:

Pokemon – Whip out DS in bookstore, start playing, and meet another guy who has his.

Tumblrverse – Put a sign on my door that says "2spooky" for Halloween.

NC Fandom – Shout "I WAS FROZEN TODAY" during the climax of a basketball game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!