Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,506 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread

Your scariest moments in video games?

Last posted Feb 17, 2013 at 08:23PM EST. Added Jan 11, 2013 at 02:10AM EST
66 posts from 56 users

SMB2 when encountering the flying masks…

Amnesia, pretty much everything.

RE2 when the crows burst open the windows.

Silent Hill Origins when the cage shadows appear for the first time. (or pretty much all the Sanitarium)

Edit: Lone Survivor when you get the handgun.

Last edited Feb 07, 2013 at 02:32PM EST
Feb 07, 2013 at 02:31PM EST

Cant really think of any games that have scared me lately buuut…

If youve visited my feels thread youd see hat ive been playing MGS4.

It was the part just after defeating laughing octopus, Raiden gives you a call and educates you on tracking techniques and stealth tips, so I though “okay ill play this part how its properly meant to be done” so I went all out super stealth and put my headphones on so I could get more immersed, used the face camo, planned paths and reconned my route for enemies, I even went as far as listening out for birds with rustled jimmies (like Raiden said), so anyway I must have spent nearly 45 minutes crawling and sneaking real slow, by this timed id actually become quite relaxed and chilled out. Then I spotted a little patch of grass in a narrow gorge which I saw as being an alternate route so I crawled through it was at this point that 4 FROGS (special ninja troops) jumped out of frigging nowhere and landed around me, MY GOD! I ACTUALLY NEARLY SHIT MYSELF

Feb 07, 2013 at 06:01PM EST

That moment in dead space 2 when Issac hallucinates in that little apartment and them BOOM outta nowhere his dead girlfriend just jumps out and tries to put a screwdriver in his eye. I motherfucking pissed myself.

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:47PM EST

Trash the Stampede wrote:

>people are afraid of COD games

(me abandoning thread)

Oh sorry, was that 2spookyforU?

Like it or not, CoD4 had a great single player storyline. It was only when the series kept copy-pasting the same tired action sequences without the substance of CoD4 that CoD campaigns grew stale and trite.

Last edited Feb 09, 2013 at 01:48AM EST
Feb 09, 2013 at 01:48AM EST

Mario 64.

That gave me nightmares, or was it the gameover screen?

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:12AM EST

I take back my post. My new scariest moment is in mass effect, when you have to kill that Species 37 thing and there’s those “Thorian Creepers.” I was essentially yelling and panicking the entire time.

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:15PM EST

My first playthrough of Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem was very freaky. It didn’t help that I was like 7 years old, either… Just the statue on the desk in one of the hallways was enough to scare me.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:31PM EST

In gears of war 3, baird tried to be funny…i haven’t been able to sleep right since.
But for real it was in dead rising on the wii(so you know somethings fucked up). It was the point were all the lights go out and i was waltzing around the first area by the guitar shop, i see a zombie standing there like 15 feet away and i’m like “bitch you picked the wrong day to stand perfectly still”. Well i took one step towards him and he ran like 100 miles an hour towards me and nailed me. The noise he made was fucking creepy as shit i had to take like an hour to get back on. It was like a jump scare times 1000.

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:19AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!