320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Who are you a fangirl/fanboy of?

Last posted Feb 02, 2013 at 06:55PM EST. Added Jan 24, 2013 at 07:19PM EST
53 posts from 42 users

Well, who are you a fangirl/fanboy of?

I'm a fangirl of Dr. Von Richter.

Who is Dr. Von Richter?
Von Richter is the main antagonist in Cybersix. In World War 2, he worked in the Concentration camps, performing experiments on alive and dead inmates. He was trying to create the perfect obedient army for his Leader.
After World War 2, Von Richter fled from Germany to Argentina to avoid the Nuremburg trials.
There, in his lab in the forest, he created many beings, such as the Cybers, Technos, and Fixed Ideas.
The Cybers were not obedient, so he ordered them all to be killed. Somehow, Cybersix and Cybertwenty-nine escaped.

Why I like him: </b/>
Von Richter is Smart and Wise. He also has a kind heart inside.

In episode 13, he offers to work side to side with Cybersix.

Gashadokuro wrote:

I'm a brony, so you should already know
AND This game:

But, which pony do you have a crush on. It's "WHO are you a fangirl/fanboy of?".

Last edited Jan 24, 2013 at 09:25PM EST

Iran wrote:

But, which pony do you have a crush on. It's "WHO are you a fangirl/fanboy of?".

My favorite ponies are Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Derpy Hooves, And Scootaloo

Over the last year or so I have become a fangirl of Canadian youtube let's player Northernlion, who is most well known for his 300+ episode LP of The Binding of Isaac
His sense of humor is right up my alley, and I really like his taste in games as well. He has made me very aware of the indie game industry and I have found many enjoyable games because of it. And I think he's really cute and has a very smooth, silky voice (squee)

This will be the weirdest answer but i am %100 honest.
Nothing.
I like Two Steps From Hell, some of the Dubstep musics, few MLP products, Assassin's Creed series, Animes, Avatar TLA/LOK, FRP… But not a hardcore fan of anything.

Last edited Jan 24, 2013 at 10:02PM EST

@Alex

Nothing weird about that. I don't fanboy over anything whatsoever either. I don't let myself get attached to material things very easily.

• MLP is cute and I love it's fanbase but it's not the best cartoon I've seen
  • Homestuck is a fun comic, but it's just a comic
  • I love starcraft but I hate things about it too. Like how Blizzard just recently rendered SC2 unplayable due to rampant server connection bugs. Goddamit Blizzard
  • BSE is my favorite music artist but I critique some of the things they made too. Even they are hit & miss just like everything else
  • Celebrities? Psssh, no fucks given
  • Consoles are all the same to me and I recognize the stark differences between them and the PC and their respective places
  • I don't care for Macs but they aren't the freaking devil either. It's not wrong to use one. Same goes for Microsoft
  • So on so forth

I could go on with my realism and neutrality.

But if there is anything I come close to being a fanboy over then it's probably DnB in general. I don't seem to care for anything other kind of music but that, which is kind of a fanboyish thing to do I suppose. Then again, I don't pretend it is superior.

Last edited Jan 25, 2013 at 12:27AM EST

I would say I'm an angry videogame nerd fanboy. Even his oldest videos still make me laugh and so much as seeing the words "Irate Gamer" really brings my piss to a boil!

Also, I'm pretty sure my degree of favoritism for this particular pony is borderline obnoxious.

I'd say I'm more of a Pokemon fanboy than anything though, but I don't even know where to start there.

Voltage is nowhere to be found wrote:

I consider myself a Mega Man fanboy.

I have an adopted cousin who also is a fanboy of Mega Man.
I never knew why he was crazy-obsessed with him.
God Forbid you ever accidentally broke one of his Mega-Man CD's.

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

This will be the weirdest answer but i am %100 honest.
Nothing.
I like Two Steps From Hell, some of the Dubstep musics, few MLP products, Assassin's Creed series, Animes, Avatar TLA/LOK, FRP… But not a hardcore fan of anything.

i completely agree with you man. i like a lot of things, i have my own preferences over the things i like compared to what other people like. but im not too attached or obsessed over the things that i prefer.

But if i have to choose a fandom, i would just be an anime fan. a lot of shows i like are anime and i enjoy watching it. so what else is there to say really?

Mungalo wrote:

Colonel John Hannibal Smith from the A-Team
George Peppard and Liam Neeson both played the role very well

Why does he look like Bush with a cigar in the second pic?

Ken Levine, creative director of Bioshock. He's just a really cool, level-headed, creative guy. It helps that he has a good sense of humour too.

Then, to a certain extent, Hideo Kojima. I mean really, the guy's just fucking insane. I'm a fan of insanity.

Speaking of which, I really like the Cheshire Cat. (The original, mind. The new Alice in Wonderland movie is for filthy casuals.) All his dialogue is made up of crazy, irrelevant half-truths.

And finally, my favourite youtube commentator is Booman61. The guy is just so fucking awesome. He's funny, interesting and everything he puts out is incredibly well put-together and entertaining. He's a master of pacing. I've gotta provide a link for this one:

Last edited Jan 26, 2013 at 04:28AM EST

Quite a few things when I think about it:
The Legend of Zelda- A brilliant action/adventure series which is criminally underrated when compared to Mario.
Nintendo- My favorite video game developer. Yes I like Valve as well, but Ninty will always have a special place in my heart (unless it's Mario, though Paper Mario is an exeption).
Professor Layton- I'm a sucker for a good puzzle
MLP-Just going to make one thing clear here, as much as I'm a fan of the show, I've never been a big member of the fanbase.
The Elder Scrolls-I love RPGs. I love open world games. A combination of both is brilliant.
Pokemon-Like I said, I love RPGs. Pokemon will always be my favorite RPG.
Doctor Who- I love a good Sci-Fi, and this is probably the best there is.

I can't help but feel like I missed something out, but I can't put my finger on it…

Not a HUGE fanboy, but he made 2 cool underrated games: This game is pretty short, but it gets a bit long because you have to think in order to solve the puzzles. You can di a lot of things, such as making music videos, fighting alien robots with electric guitars, buying from another dimension, playing minigames in order to sleep and you have a machine that makes sandwiches for you. Also, it has the best game over soundtrack ever: And he also made this game, which I haven't played, but saw a playthrough on Youtube, and it looked pretty awesome for 1991. This guy likes to put variety in his games, or at least while he made them.

My Favorite pony. I don't tolerate R34 or even NSWF images of her.

Resident Evil's daddy. Maybe it wasn't fair how a zombie can corner you to death, but the rest is pretty awesome. Unless you're used to HD graphics.

Last edited Jan 26, 2013 at 03:41PM EST

I am AHO Right? wrote:

@Pseudogenesis
Wait, you like Ken's level-headedness, but you're also a fan of insanity. How does that work?
As for me, I like Masahiro Sakurai. Made Kirby, SSB and Kid Icarus. All great games.

Ha, didn't notice that when I was writing it. I suppose purely one or the other works best.

Teh Brawler wrote:

I didn't know it was possible to be a fanboy of a glorified paperweight.

LOL BUT I KID

What are your favorite games?

Pretty much all Insomniac, Rockstar, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch games, LittleBigPlanet series, Twisted Metal 2, Ape Escape 2, etc. Those are Playstation games alone, I also have a soft spot for 16-bit era games.

Crimson Locks wrote:

Over the last year or so I have become a fangirl of Canadian youtube let's player Northernlion, who is most well known for his 300+ episode LP of The Binding of Isaac
His sense of humor is right up my alley, and I really like his taste in games as well. He has made me very aware of the indie game industry and I have found many enjoyable games because of it. And I think he's really cute and has a very smooth, silky voice (squee)

I honestly thought I was the only one here who watched Northernlion. I salute you. brofist

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!