Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Biggest Downsides to Websites

Last posted Feb 01, 2013 at 04:23PM EST. Added Jan 29, 2013 at 10:39AM EST
33 posts from 28 users

KYM: moderation, lacking basic features of other sites*, understaffed, underpaid staff, underpaid moderators, needs moar ponu.

*Granted KYM's main focus is documenting Web phenomena, and it does that better than anyone. But the forum could use some tweaks (e.g., a preview button, tweaks to the karma system) along with the media uploads (e.g., a consistently used list of tags, a way to encourage tagging without discouraging suitable uploads, personal filters.) Having these would require a ton of work, but with these in effect, the forum would be more convenient, and KYM might become the premier site on all of the Web for meme-related media.

I think most of the issues with Facebook I have are personal. I have no real issue with the privacy complaints. FB is trying to protect itself, and I read agreed to their Terms and Conditions. I can unfriend, hide, or block people who say terribly ignorant or otherwise offensive comments.

I understand its desire to continue to change and evolve. If they don't keep up with the Twitters or Instagrams (lol I still don't know what that site does) of the 'Net, then they begin to lose their hold as the most powerful social networking site. But I'd like more time to get used to each Facebook change before another one is implemented.

Serebii: The info's great, but the guy who runs it is petty. He'll make intentional spelling errors or something so he can tell if other sites are copypasting his precious paragraphs. That's just childlike.

I find it very hard to find content on Tumblr. Unless you reblog and tag everything you see, most of the time looking for something specific would mean having to fish through tags or your own likes, so it's damn near impossible to find what you're looking for, especially if you don't know who made it or where it came from.

Youtube: New layouts: slightly annoying, people complaining about layout: even more annoying. Youtube commenters make me want to crawl into a corner and cry forever.

DeviantArt: Angsty teens, angsty teens everywhere. It also annoys me when something with zero creativity or artistic value gets front page (not necessarily talking about fanart) while quality art falls by the wayside.

KYM: People being way too harsh on new articles, the karma system, people using comments sections to deadpool/reaction image dump

Cracked: Quick Fixes, commenters being overly critical and often commenting before reading article.

Crimson Locks wrote:

Youtube: New layouts: slightly annoying, people complaining about layout: even more annoying. Youtube commenters make me want to crawl into a corner and cry forever.

DeviantArt: Angsty teens, angsty teens everywhere. It also annoys me when something with zero creativity or artistic value gets front page (not necessarily talking about fanart) while quality art falls by the wayside.

KYM: People being way too harsh on new articles, the karma system, people using comments sections to deadpool/reaction image dump

Cracked: Quick Fixes, commenters being overly critical and often commenting before reading article.

Oh god… Those Quick Fixes are such a inconvenience. Which is ironic, because that's what they're aiming is for. Convenience. Sorta failed if you ask me.

-

@Subject32

Last edited Jan 29, 2013 at 10:06PM EST

Know Your Meme: The elitism people hold against new members.

Twitter: I kid you not I tried, but I really can't come up with anything. It's not that there aren't downsides, but none of them annoy me. I could complain about the mass amount of content that I miss, but I get mobile notifications for all the major accounts I follow, and I can just search otherwise.

Yeah, I think I'm a Twitter fanboy.

KYM – Butthurt over literally fucking everything.
"Y BAD LUK BRIAN NO CONFORM???"
"2 MANEE ADVISE ANIMOLS!!!"
"2 MANEE PONNIIIZZZ"

Youtube – Commentators
"LOL DA LIKE BAR IS SMALLOR THAN JUSTIN BIBR'S P3N0R!! XD"
"TUMBS UP IF U STIL LISTEN 2 DIS IN 2013!! XD"

Twitter – Making idiots say the word "hashtag" in real life. (Just type it in the tag box you fucking animal.)

Tumblr – "IF YOU DON'T THINK LIKE ME YOU'RE AN IDIOT"

(post update) bungie.net – See above.

This can be apllied to any site, but I'm gonna use this one as an example:
I really despise with all of my soul to those weak, no-lifer maggots, who in a desesperate attemp to earn (virtual) attention and acceptation, decide to sit their asses and take the name and identity of a fictional character in an online community, in order to fill the void in their meaningless, sad and pathetic lifes, so now all I have left to say is:
fuck Medic, fuck C. Falcon, fuck Alex Mercer, fuck Engie, fuck Pyro, fuck Son Goku…
(long ass roleplaying list)
…and most importantly: FUCK ME!

Last edited Jan 30, 2013 at 11:20PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!