Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Friday is Hourly Comic Day

Last posted Jan 31, 2013 at 12:39PM EST. Added Jan 30, 2013 at 08:07PM EST
10 posts from 8 users

Februrary 1st is hourly comic day! This means you make a comic for every hour you are awake and alive during that day. Description from john campbell:

HOURLY COMIC DAY

hello on february first a bunch of people make a journal comic every hour they are awake. and then they show these journal comics to other people on the internet

we will see how different people spend their day.
THE GUIDELINES:

-for every hour that you are awake on february first (that's february first for whatever time zone you happen to be in), you make a comic describing something about the past hour. maybe you ate some cereal? maybe your mother called and screamed long and low until her voice gave out

-say you wake up at 7am. make a comic some time before it becomes 8am. then after 8am, make a comic before it becomes 9am. it is pretty simple.

-when you are done, scan the comics in and post them on the message board (this year's will be HERE, last year's was HERE.)

you can e-mail me if you want to, and you can look at what i've done for an example. you do not have to be a fancy drawer to do this

okay

I'm gonna do it and post it here! You should too!

PS here's a really nice one by Lucy Knisley for some inspiration

Last edited Jan 30, 2013 at 08:13PM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

I assume this isn't the same thing as 24-hour comic day.

Nope! You're not required to stay up for 24 hours and you're not required to make 24 pages once you're done. Just a little strip for each hour that you're awake and with it is enough. No need to go crazy. Here's one my friend did:

Last edited Jan 30, 2013 at 11:47PM EST

Oh no! I would absolutely love to do this.
BUT I have to work all day on Friday AND the hand I draw with is wounded and I'm unable to use it right now.
Oh maaaannn, of course I can't do this :c I never get to do cool thingggsss
pouts

Last edited Jan 31, 2013 at 08:43AM EST

Lodger (1979) wrote:

But what if it takes a whole hour to make a single comic strip?

I guess you can work on it later? I wouldn't worry too much about making beautiful works of art. Just have fun with it. They can be stick figures with bubbles. It's nice to see how people spend their day :>

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!