Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Interesting But True Facts About Video Games

Last posted Mar 08, 2013 at 10:31PM EST. Added Feb 10, 2013 at 06:46PM EST
19 posts from 15 users

ITT: Thread title.
The stage Final Destination in Super Smash Bros. Melee is exactly 13.5 Captain Falcons long. In Brawl, it was shortened to just 13 Falcons.

"Commander Keen (legal name: William Joseph Blazkowicz II) is the grandson of Wolfenstein 3D's William Joseph "BJ" Blazkowicz according to The Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3d. Doomguy is also implied to be a descendant of BJ in Wolfenstein RPG, though his exact relation to the other protagonists is unknown."
>DoomII had a level where you kill Keen sprites to open a door
>YFW Doomguy killed his ancestor and never existed

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 06:50PM EST

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

ITT: Thread title.
The stage Final Destination in Super Smash Bros. Melee is exactly 13.5 Captain Falcons long. In Brawl, it was shortened to just 13 Falcons.

Show ya Moves puny humans!

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 06:59PM EST

SSBB had 6 characters that were cut from the game yet data files are still found in the disk. Aside from Dr. Mario, Roy and Mewtwo supposed to be returning, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik were going to be added.

There was a DYKG post for this, but I can't seem to find it on the site now for some reason.

There is a human gene named after Sonic the Hedgehog.
A copy of Starcraft was sent aboard the STS-96, making it the first video game in outer space.
If you play an emulation of Pokemon: FireRed/LeafGreen, the attendant at the Seagallop Ferry will say to you: “By the way: if you like this game, buy it or die.”
There is a secret room in one of the original Half-Life maps that is covered in the face of Gabe Newell.
The Konami Code first appeared in Gradius, not Contra.
Mario is named after the then-landlord of one of the developers of Super Mario Brothers.
Collectively, people have spent more time playing World of Warcraft then the human race has spent existing.
All of the voices for Golden Axe were done by prisoners on death row.
In the original Donkey Kong game, Mario was called “Jumpman”, and he was a carpenter.
“Communist Mutants from Space” is a Space Invaders clone for the Atari 2600.
The Magnavox Odyssey, the first commercial game console, had no central processing unit.

As a Soldier, the Frying Pan does identical damage as the Shovel, but is a lot louder. Don't use it when you are trying to stay hidden, as the distinct sound will give your position away!

The Sega Saturn's American Netlink functions still work today because they do not use servers. So yes, if you STILL want to play Saturn Bomberman over the internet, you most certainly can. (Japan's Netlink add-on did use servers however, so you cannot use the Netlink add-on from Japan anymore.)

Last edited Feb 12, 2013 at 09:28AM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

As a Soldier, the Frying Pan does identical damage as the Shovel, but is a lot louder. Don't use it when you are trying to stay hidden, as the distinct sound will give your position away!

The same goes for all classes that can use the frying pan (everyone except spy and engineer)
The frying pan has identical stats to the default weapons, but makes the epic frying pan sound

Reticent wrote:

Can't tell if srs

I've read that the human eye's maximum motion detection limit is 24 frames per second, so theoretically, anything over that amount is indistinguishable from anything else over that amount.

Luigifan wrote:

I've read that the human eye's maximum motion detection limit is 24 frames per second, so theoretically, anything over that amount is indistinguishable from anything else over that amount.

This is all I can say.

Luigifan wrote:

I've heard that as well, but it doesn't seem to be a credible argument given the massive shitstorm of people bitching about framerate in any given game. Regarding the picture, I was just saying that I was unsure if he was joking. You can't see frames per second from a still frame.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!