Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Favourite Movie Scenes

Last posted Feb 13, 2013 at 11:18AM EST. Added Feb 11, 2013 at 03:06AM EST
16 posts from 15 users

The scene from Casablanca in which Rick is upstairs chatting with Laszlo, notorious resistance leader and husband to Ilsa. Some German patrons begin to annoy the other customers by rudely singing "Die Wacht am Rhein." To this point, Rick had stayed pretty neutral on the whole "Nazi" issue. But in this pivotal scene, Rick lends a single nod of support Laszlo's way. Laszlo and the other bar patrons find the courage to drown out the Nazis with their own patriotic verse of "La Marseillaise", and the Nazis leave. The patrons celebrate the minor victory and are clearly moved to tears.

What I like about it so much is that the script didn't call for crying at all. They weren't even acting like they were crying. They were crying for real. Casablanca was a World War II movie … that was being filmed in the middle of World War II. Casablanca was shot in 1941 during the German occupation of France, at a point where many questioned whether or not the United States would ever step in to help, and when nobody knew how the whole thing was going to turn out.

And the scene included actors who, in real life, had a lot at stake. To shoot Casablanca as a believable port town, producers brought together one of the most ethnically diverse casts in film history, and a lot of these extras turned out to be Europeans who had fled to America to escape the Nazis -- that is, they were basically real-life refugees. So imagine what they thought when that scene was being filmed.

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 03:28AM EST

🅱ank 🅱ill wrote:

the gun-kata scenes from the movie Equilibrium

so badass

FUCK. you beat me to it. oh well here is my favourite part, the final shootout in the same movie.

This is one that I immediately remember:

Even though I've never seen this movie in english, this part is fucking hilarious always. (specially due to the "Argentinian accent" or this specifical monster)

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 11:40AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!