Forums / Just For Fun

327,169 total conversations in 8,664 threads

+ New Thread

The Vidya Thread: Buy or Bye?

Last posted Feb 16, 2013 at 11:51PM EST. Added Feb 16, 2013 at 02:08PM EST
4 conversations with 4 participants

In this thread, we have discussions related to video games, and whether they should be bought or skipped over. I’ve been eyeing Paper Mario: Sticker Star for a while. Has anybody played/bought that, and should I check it out, rent it, or just skip it?

Feb 16, 2013 at 02:08PM EST

Good question, but it depends on whether or not you’d be willing to put up with a Paper Mario game that feels somewhat downgraded from the Thousand Year Door.

I like it, but I certainly don’t find it as awesome or as breathtaking as TTD was. It seems like the lost their touch…

So, should you buy it? I say you do.

… Anyway, on to my question:

Devil May Cry. Specifically, do I get the HD Collection, or the new one if I’m new to the series?

Feb 16, 2013 at 07:07PM EST

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Good question, but it depends on whether or not you’d be willing to put up with a Paper Mario game that feels somewhat downgraded from the Thousand Year Door.

I like it, but I certainly don’t find it as awesome or as breathtaking as TTD was. It seems like the lost their touch…

So, should you buy it? I say you do.

… Anyway, on to my question:

Devil May Cry. Specifically, do I get the HD Collection, or the new one if I’m new to the series?

get the hd collection, its totally worth it because the first devil may cry game was badass, second one was meh, but the 3rd one is were shit gets real. i could never get bored of playing that one over and over again to beat my scores. then theres is devil may cry 4, quite possibly the best one of them all. but if you dont want to play through all those games, you can get the new DMC game, its a complete reboot so you wont be missing out on any story from previous games. also its looks amasing gameplay wise, though i wish dante at least kept the white long hair. other than that devil may cry franchise is one of my top game franchises out there.

heres my question:
should i buy the new dead space 3, ive only played the second one but have an understanding of the first one. i loved dead space 2 a lot cuz of the atmosphere and gameplay. wat u guys think?

Last edited Feb 16, 2013 at 11:36PM EST
Feb 16, 2013 at 11:36PM EST

Asura, The Anti-Fun. wrote:

get the hd collection, its totally worth it because the first devil may cry game was badass, second one was meh, but the 3rd one is were shit gets real. i could never get bored of playing that one over and over again to beat my scores. then theres is devil may cry 4, quite possibly the best one of them all. but if you dont want to play through all those games, you can get the new DMC game, its a complete reboot so you wont be missing out on any story from previous games. also its looks amasing gameplay wise, though i wish dante at least kept the white long hair. other than that devil may cry franchise is one of my top game franchises out there.

heres my question:
should i buy the new dead space 3, ive only played the second one but have an understanding of the first one. i loved dead space 2 a lot cuz of the atmosphere and gameplay. wat u guys think?

Well Rambo 01, let me tell you about a little game…A sucessful game developed by the same company that did the same thing with Dead Space…
The game is called Spore, and the company is called Ass- err Evil Arts..Godamn it, just EA (Electronic Arts)
Spore went from this
To this…
What the hell happened? Just EA happened
Dead Space went from a survival horror shooter, to a shoot-everything-that-moves with a bit of horror. Whoever, the game is still worth to play but the experience JUST isn’t the same, and oh my god the bugs are laughable.
In a nutshell, if I were you, I would rent it, finish single player, done.
And my question!
Should i buy Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:51PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!