Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,506 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread


[NSFW] Cringe Thread

Last posted Apr 18, 2013 at 06:10PM EDT. Added Feb 21, 2013 at 11:28PM EST
148 posts from 60 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Laika wrote:

I personally find this whole lotus pod thing and that “planet” guy thing ten times more cringe-worthy than my medieval torture illustration.

It wasn’t about cringe worthy. I am a /b/tard Iv’e seen worse. It was about what mods allow and what they don’t. A disembowelment is apparently allowed where a pic of a pony in bondage isn’t (depending on the mod).

Last edited Mar 15, 2013 at 08:36AM EDT
Mar 14, 2013 at 08:22PM EDT
Quote

Dammit, Deevee, at least spoiler that shit.


I don’t know whether this belongs in the cringe thread or a rage thread. Wait, do we have a rage thread? Either way, I’m pretty pissed right now.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:04PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

I believe the pathetic attempt at photoshop is what’s to be cringed at here.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:39AM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

It wasn’t about cringe worthy. I am a /b/tard Iv’e seen worse. It was about what mods allow and what they don’t. A disembowelment is apparently allowed where a pic of a pony in bondage isn’t (depending on the mod).

Those kind of pictures can be found in a grade school history book, bondage can not. It may be kind of silly, but are you gonna die because you can’t post pony bondage? Who cares man? If you really want to post that kind of stuff, there are plenty of places on the web were its allowed, post that stuff in those places.

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:41PM EDT
Quote

iiBradders wrote:

This really does take the cringe cake

Mar 20, 2013 at 03:23PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Those kind of pictures can be found in a grade school history book, bondage can not. It may be kind of silly, but are you gonna die because you can’t post pony bondage? Who cares man? If you really want to post that kind of stuff, there are plenty of places on the web were its allowed, post that stuff in those places.

Actually look again at page 2. I was right, that pic was removed, and I have seen so many other things overlooked where (seems like) I’m being watched like a hawk by some mods. It’s not about what I can’t post, It’s about so called “nazi mods” who let other things slip by them. I’m fine if my things get removed but I’m not fine seeing others post worse things than what I post and it stays up for weeks when there is mods posting in the same thread and nothing gets said about it. Hell it even gets upvoted where I will get downvotes (cuz I have trolls watching me too) for just responding to posts like yours Dac.
Case in point if I posted THIS I wouldn’t get an upvote. I don’t hear anyone complain about NSFW posts unless it’s about me. There was a post (not posted by me) in my furry thread that was there for days that had nipples showing. I had a mod remove it, but do I hear anyone complaining? No.
Also Amanda explained it to me. In the new rules Fetish (even though its a grey area) is now no longer acceptable and I’m fine with that. That’s all it takes sometimes is just an honest expatiation as to why and I will be fine with it.

P.S. RandomMan I’m not complaining about mods, I’m just responding to Dac

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:43PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Actually look again at page 2. I was right, that pic was removed, and I have seen so many other things overlooked where (seems like) I’m being watched like a hawk by some mods. It’s not about what I can’t post, It’s about so called “nazi mods” who let other things slip by them. I’m fine if my things get removed but I’m not fine seeing others post worse things than what I post and it stays up for weeks when there is mods posting in the same thread and nothing gets said about it. Hell it even gets upvoted where I will get downvotes (cuz I have trolls watching me too) for just responding to posts like yours Dac.
Case in point if I posted THIS I wouldn’t get an upvote. I don’t hear anyone complain about NSFW posts unless it’s about me. There was a post (not posted by me) in my furry thread that was there for days that had nipples showing. I had a mod remove it, but do I hear anyone complaining? No.
Also Amanda explained it to me. In the new rules Fetish (even though its a grey area) is now no longer acceptable and I’m fine with that. That’s all it takes sometimes is just an honest expatiation as to why and I will be fine with it.

P.S. RandomMan I’m not complaining about mods, I’m just responding to Dac

Maybe mods watch you because you consistently push the envelope?
Also as for your case in point I notice he actually spoilered his pic. I’ve seen you properly spoiler pics, get upvotes, all good. I’ve also seen you fail to spoiler and get downvotes. Most importantly, karma is meaningless. People downvote people who don’t deserve it all the time.

I actually fail to see people who post more questionable content than you. I’ve seen plenty that post the exact same level of questionable. We treat them all the same. You’re not singled out, and we try not to let other things slip past us.

That being said, the pic you posted in this thread (the lotus hole one) doesn’t really qualify as gore. People have phobias relating to it, so you might want it spoilered as a courtesy, but it really doesn’t have to be spoilered in my opinion.

P.S. If your whole post is about how the mods are being unfair you are complaining about the mod.s

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:16PM EDT
Quote

Oh, boy. That Caspian kid makes me wanna kill myself. But I find this one much more awkard and depressing.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:32PM EDT
Quote

@ mdf
I diagree about lotus pod pics being fine unspoilered. The NSFW doesn’t allow shock images
“violent, gore and shock images , censored or uncensored
unwarranted obscenity (racist, sexist, or homophobic content) (ex: posting “blackface” image in MLP photo)”

I really hate the lotus pod pics, but I suppose its fine as long as its spoilered. I don’t understand why you are agaisnt Risqué pony pics, but are okay with images that really upset and disgust a good amount of members. Aren’t the rules here to keep images that offend or disturb us out? So why allow something that is purely used to shock people?

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

Maybe mods watch you because you consistently push the envelope?
Also as for your case in point I notice he actually spoilered his pic. I’ve seen you properly spoiler pics, get upvotes, all good. I’ve also seen you fail to spoiler and get downvotes. Most importantly, karma is meaningless. People downvote people who don’t deserve it all the time.

I actually fail to see people who post more questionable content than you. I’ve seen plenty that post the exact same level of questionable. We treat them all the same. You’re not singled out, and we try not to let other things slip past us.

That being said, the pic you posted in this thread (the lotus hole one) doesn’t really qualify as gore. People have phobias relating to it, so you might want it spoilered as a courtesy, but it really doesn’t have to be spoilered in my opinion.

P.S. If your whole post is about how the mods are being unfair you are complaining about the mod.s

I actually took you spoiling them as a joke and it was funny. I do have some trolls downvoting everything I post doesn’t matter what I post.
There was a time when we all pushed the envelope here and we did it for fun. I continue to post here cuz it’s fun. I once said that I liked it here cuz it was like 4chan without all the porn, gore, and racism and that was when we had openly racist nazis here.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:51PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@ mdf
I diagree about lotus pod pics being fine unspoilered. The NSFW doesn’t allow shock images
“violent, gore and shock images , censored or uncensored
unwarranted obscenity (racist, sexist, or homophobic content) (ex: posting “blackface” image in MLP photo)”

I really hate the lotus pod pics, but I suppose its fine as long as its spoilered. I don’t understand why you are agaisnt Risqué pony pics, but are okay with images that really upset and disgust a good amount of members. Aren’t the rules here to keep images that offend or disturb us out? So why allow something that is purely used to shock people?

I’m against Risque pony pics, as you call them, because they are intended to be borderline pornographic in nature. Still though, you don’t notice me flipping my lid and arguing every time someone posts them. I’ve accepted it as something not against the letter of the law, and therefore beyond my right to censor.

Technically, any NSFW that isn’t crucial to meme research doesn’t belong on this forum. I don’t see us removing all of it.

The lotus pod pic only upsets people with a specific phobia. There are people with phobias of things like otters or communists. I don’t see us censoring the entire furry thread for containing furries, or the many communist threads we’ve had. I said he should probably spoiler it out of common courtesy, but I wouldn’t personally demand he do so.

This is the cringe thread. It’s supposed to make you cringe. If you don’t like cringing, do not read it.
And when you post things that offend and disturb other individuals (for example the borderline r34 mlp pics you mention I dislike, which can easily be considered that) and get away with it I’d be a little more lenient with others.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:52PM EDT
Quote

Actually, the lotus pod “fear” isn’t based on a phobia. It’s just revolting, look it up. Anyways, your point doesn’t make sense. Obviously it shocks quite a few people because its status as a meme is based on the fact that it is shocking to many people. Otters and communist aren’t known as shock memes. Use you’re Brian Moran. Obviously we can’t have everything censored that might shock people who are afraid of kittens and shoes, but I think we can use common sense to determine what isn’t liked by many people, like meatspin, rule34, goatse, and lotus pods.

Last edited Mar 20, 2013 at 08:13PM EDT
Mar 20, 2013 at 08:06PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

I actually took you spoiling them as a joke and it was funny. I do have some trolls downvoting everything I post doesn’t matter what I post.
There was a time when we all pushed the envelope here and we did it for fun. I continue to post here cuz it’s fun. I once said that I liked it here cuz it was like 4chan without all the porn, gore, and racism and that was when we had openly racist nazis here.

This isn’t the KYM from the past anymore. If pushing the envelope back then was fun, I have legit reason to question the moderation from back then. Either way, the past doesn’t apply to the present.

If we aren’t the site anymore you like, go back to 4chan. Otherwise deal with the guidelines and stop complaining all the time, your personal opinion is not superior to the site rules and guidelines we laid out for everyone to read. Likewise to MDF I find it impossible to currently compare you to any active member who pushes it just as far or considers it “fun” to do so. You can’t claim yourself singled out if there isn’t a similar case to compare yourself to, that’s just you being butthurt and looking for vague reasons.

Should there be cases with other users where you believe we didn’t act correctly, point them out to us and see who was correct. There isn’t a rule against reporting, we only promote this.

Last edited Mar 20, 2013 at 08:40PM EDT
Mar 20, 2013 at 08:33PM EDT
Quote

The way I see it- and this is just my personal opinion- is that there isn’t nearly enough evidence of people actually getting upset to warant the amount of concern some of you have for users being made upset by these images. However, I’m in full support of putting things such as lotus pods and rule 34 in spoilers. One addition that would make this even better would be the addition of a strictly enforced rule that the description in the button has to say exactly what it’s hiding. That way, people can post more of the somewhat edgy things they want to, and no one gets shocked.

Mar 20, 2013 at 08:56PM EDT
Quote

Hey, everyone. Just dropped in to mention this segment found in the updated rules.

Examples of NSFW that is allowed:

fetish, gross or shock imageries that aren’t porny, violent or gory

I’d like to point out that it also had used a link directing the user to the lotus pod thing as an example.

In other words, the lotus pod thing is allowed unspoilered as the rules do not state any clear procedures for the forums. THIS is Vazquez pushing the envelop within his rights.

Besides, it really doesn’t matter if you’re disgusted or not. This is a cringe thread, after all.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:06PM EDT
Quote

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Hey, everyone. Just dropped in to mention this segment found in the updated rules.

Examples of NSFW that is allowed:

fetish, gross or shock imageries that aren’t porny, violent or gory

I’d like to point out that it also had used a link directing the user to the lotus pod thing as an example.

In other words, the lotus pod thing is allowed unspoilered as the rules do not state any clear procedures for the forums. THIS is Vazquez pushing the envelop within his rights.

Besides, it really doesn’t matter if you’re disgusted or not. This is a cringe thread, after all.

That content is allowed yes, but as it’s qualified as NSFW we request that it is placed behind spoilers. Those guidelines explain stuff that is allowed when tagged/spoilered correctly, not content that is allowed all the time.

Should we have to allow those things in this thread unspoilered, the topic needs to be edited by a mod so it contains a warning. Given that the first page was pretty SFW, I do not see why we should go to such lenghts just so a few images like that can pass through.

Given that Vazquez’ posts contain spoilers, he is allowed to post them (although I am questioning if it was Vazquez or a mod who placed them). But it is currently not the case that he can post them without a spoiler.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:15PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

That content is allowed yes, but as it’s qualified as NSFW we request that it is placed behind spoilers. Those guidelines explain stuff that is allowed when tagged/spoilered correctly, not content that is allowed all the time.

Should we have to allow those things in this thread unspoilered, the topic needs to be edited by a mod so it contains a warning. Given that the first page was pretty SFW, I do not see why we should go to such lenghts just so a few images like that can pass through.

Given that Vazquez’ posts contain spoilers, he is allowed to post them (although I am questioning if it was Vazquez or a mod who placed them). But it is currently not the case that he can post them without a spoiler.

Wait… we didn’t mark this thread NSFW? What the hell were we thinking? It’s a freaking cringe thread.

Geez, mods. Get your act together.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:17PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Actually, the lotus pod “fear” isn’t based on a phobia. It’s just revolting, look it up. Anyways, your point doesn’t make sense. Obviously it shocks quite a few people because its status as a meme is based on the fact that it is shocking to many people. Otters and communist aren’t known as shock memes. Use you’re Brian Moran. Obviously we can’t have everything censored that might shock people who are afraid of kittens and shoes, but I think we can use common sense to determine what isn’t liked by many people, like meatspin, rule34, goatse, and lotus pods.

So, you’re trying to tell me, we shouldn’t censor things that offend or disgust people that you post, but we should censor things that offend or disgust you?
Anyway, no, it is a phobia. I have looked it up. Gross =/= Shock Image. Shock images are typically porn or gore.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:29PM EDT
Quote

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Wait… we didn’t mark this thread NSFW? What the hell were we thinking? It’s a freaking cringe thread.

Geez, mods. Get your act together.

I understand the reason for your tone, so let me explain what I mean when I request the addition of a NSFW label:

What can be described as content that makes you cringe differs per individual, same for the content that fall under the term. Take for example the few Xbox-Live messages that were posted here. Those can make a person cringe because it contains obvious acts of stupidity. You wouldn’t consider it NSFW, it just makes you lose whatever hope you had left in humanity.

Lotus pods, outside of that they are covered by a phobia, is content that can be described as shock content. Perhaps some of us simply cringe from it, others are shocked or disgusted by it. Something like that should be properly tagged according to our guidelines.

A thread that reads “cringe thread” is something in which you could expect disturbing content like lotus pod holes, I give you that much. But that does not justify to stop using proper tagging. Proper tagging by our guidelines is “NSFW”, not “Cringe”.


MDF/Sloth wrote:

Shock images are typically porn or gore.

That is very shallow reasoning. As the Merriam-Webster dictionary describes it, “shocking” can be described as “extremely startling, distressing, or offensive”. Multiple of those terms can be applied to the pod hole images.

Last edited Mar 20, 2013 at 09:39PM EDT
Mar 20, 2013 at 09:35PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

This isn’t the KYM from the past anymore. If pushing the envelope back then was fun, I have legit reason to question the moderation from back then. Either way, the past doesn’t apply to the present.

If we aren’t the site anymore you like, go back to 4chan. Otherwise deal with the guidelines and stop complaining all the time, your personal opinion is not superior to the site rules and guidelines we laid out for everyone to read. Likewise to MDF I find it impossible to currently compare you to any active member who pushes it just as far or considers it “fun” to do so. You can’t claim yourself singled out if there isn’t a similar case to compare yourself to, that’s just you being butthurt and looking for vague reasons.

Should there be cases with other users where you believe we didn’t act correctly, point them out to us and see who was correct. There isn’t a rule against reporting, we only promote this.

That’s a bit harsh there RandomMan. I never said I didn’t like the site. So for you to say go back to 4chan I have to question your ability to deal with stress and people. I even put in original post I wasn’t trying to complain and I was just answering Dac. I even specifically addressed it to you because of these kind of comments from you that I’m complaining about mods. I really am not. what I was saying is how quickly pony suggestive material gets deleted where other things get left alone. I know you can’t catch them all (pokemon) but it’s the comments like your’s and Dac’s that I feel needs to be addressed. I could just say “fuck you RandomMan” for that comment but I do like you and you have explained to me what you are dealing with so for that I will side with restraint. But still don’t ever tell me or anyone else to GTFO that’s not cool at all.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:38PM EDT
Quote

Vazquez wrote:

That’s a bit harsh there RandomMan. I never said I didn’t like the site. So for you to say go back to 4chan I have to question your ability to deal with stress and people.

Correct, I might’ve been a bit harsh in my post, and for that you get my apologies. But are you willing to believe your post only contained proper language? Not to forget the addition of the word “if”. As you still like the site, my advice no longer applies.

I understand the rest of your post. As I said, please report these situations to us should they arrise. Moderation is trial and error. We cannot improve if we never know the details of what we did wrong and have to run on vague assumptions by angry users.

Last edited Mar 20, 2013 at 09:52PM EDT
Mar 20, 2013 at 09:43PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

So, you’re trying to tell me, we shouldn’t censor things that offend or disgust people that you post, but we should censor things that offend or disgust you?
Anyway, no, it is a phobia. I have looked it up. Gross =/= Shock Image. Shock images are typically porn or gore.

What? When in any of my posts did I say not to put what I post in spoilers if its agaisnt the rules? I’m saying that I think it should be required to put anything that’s considerd NSFW in spoiler tags unless the thread has NSFW title. I don’t care if it pony r34, lotus pods, or whatever. So, pretty much what I am suggesting is to follow the rules as they are stated. Is it really that hard to put something in a spoiler tag?
And about your definition of shock images, that’s kinda dumb. Shock images are just that, images that people find shocking, not just porn and gore. A clogged toilet with shit everywhere
isn’t porn or gore, but I won’t post it because people find that shocking.

Edit: anyways god tier moderator randomman said it himself, lotus pods should be put under a spoiler tab.

Last edited Mar 20, 2013 at 10:03PM EDT
Mar 20, 2013 at 09:53PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

What? When in any of my posts did I say not to put what I post in spoilers if its agaisnt the rules? I’m saying that I think it should be required to put anything that’s considerd NSFW in spoiler tags unless the thread has NSFW title. I don’t care if it pony r34, lotus pods, or whatever. So, pretty much what I am suggesting is to follow the rules as they are stated. Is it really that hard to put something in a spoiler tag?
And about your definition of shock images, that’s kinda dumb. Shock images are just that, images that people find shocking, not just porn and gore. A clogged toilet with shit everywhere
isn’t porn or gore, but I won’t post it because people find that shocking.

Edit: anyways god tier moderator randomman said it himself, lotus pods should be put under a spoiler tab.

Rule 34: There is porn of it, no exceptions.
Rule 35: If no porn is found at the moment, it will be made.
porn = not allowed here Sexy ponies in underwear does not = porn even if you do clop to it
I really wish people would get that straight

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:01PM EDT
Quote

Fine, risqué pony pics. Better?

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:04PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Fine, risqué pony pics. Better?

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:08PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Fine, risqué pony pics. Better?

Yes. Wanna go clop together later? I still wanna cum on rainbow dash in NSFW pony thread

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:09PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Yes. Wanna go clop together later? I still wanna cum on rainbow dash in NSFW pony thread

Last edited Mar 20, 2013 at 10:13PM EDT
Mar 20, 2013 at 10:11PM EDT
Quote
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:11PM EDT

Sorry for the bump.

It’s like watching the new All That’s parody of music videos.

Apr 16, 2013 at 07:56AM EDT
Quote

I don’t know why, but this movie makes me disturbed and cringe at the same time:

Apr 18, 2013 at 03:31PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!