Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

If you could travel back in time just once, what would you do?

Last posted Mar 03, 2013 at 04:14PM EST. Added Feb 24, 2013 at 08:11PM EST
39 posts from 35 users

I'd go back to the time of the ancient A*y*ns. I would impress them with my knowledge and technology, to become their leader. I would then teach them how to sterilize people, and I would, as tribe leader, make them to sterilize their dumbest and weakest of their population.

If I could I would go to the very moment where EA was being born, and then kill everyone there so Valve can take control of the game industry.

2Bucks wrote:

Change "Right to Bear Arms" To "Right to Arm Bears"

I'd prevent the creation of the 2nd Amendment to 1) assist Overlord Obama in turning the U.S. into a police state under Sharia law and 2) not having to deal with that stupid joke ever again.

I feel like changing anything in time would just lead to the same conclusion. An almost identical future. Like if you kill a certain person to prevent a disaster, it just means someone else will just step up and do it. If I stopped someone from dying one day, then the next day the accident will happen. Some things are meant to be.

You can't change the past, but you can change the future. You can't fix what has already happened. This is how I feel anyways.

I would either create most of the funny memes we have today and upload them, not make some stupid choices, get my N64 and come back, or meet myself and talk about how cool it is to talk to yourself.

On a serious note, though, I think that despite what I may intend, by interfering with the timeline and trying to fix what may seem "broken", I could actually pave the way for something even worse to happen. Time traveling to me is really just a big gamble. I wouldn't take the risk of screwing things up worse than than they already are, even if it initially seems to be a beneficial change. Especially when I only get one shot, like in this scenario.

Not to mention the time paradoxes that would be created. (i.e. I go back in time to tell myself to make a different decision than one I made, and it changes, so I then have no reason to go back in time and tell myself to make that decision, which means I never told myself to make that decision, so I do go back in time to change the decision, and it changes, which means I have no reason to change it, etc.)

Last edited Feb 25, 2013 at 02:11AM EST

Change the outcome of the battle of Königgrätz (Prussia defeated Austria and became leading power of what was later to be Germany, causing WW I and II and making modern Germany a very anti-individualist country).

I'd go back to the year 2000 and take every successful rock song that would get somewhere in the next 13 years with me, except for a few, and make a band and record these songs. I would then become possibly the most successful musician of all time and roll in money because of this. NOTE: i would wait until a few months before these bands recorded these songs, release them a bit before, so the song gains popularity around the time it originally did so its still successful. ALL OF THIS COUNTS AS ONE THING i think…so yeah Green Day is fucked.

@Fishy

If you could do that, why not go back to 1970 and write all the classic rock songs?

Me, I'd go back a million years or so and shoot random hominids, then come back and see which people existed and which didn't.

I would tell myself from a week ago not to go be a productive member of society but to tell him to beat his dick like it owes him money.

seriously, of all the possibilities. Fine ill say it, ill go back in time and kill Justin Bieber before he was famous so that the world can know peace from his faggotry.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

>Travel back 1 minute
>Challenge myself to death combat

Only the best Bob may survive.

By the time you're probably going to even challenge him, your past-self would have already traveled back in time.

Or he wouldn't travel back in time and you would just disappear into oblivion.

You ruined your life, there is no turning back.

Personally, I would just want to meet Albert Einstein.
Or prevent Abraham Lincoln's assassination.

I probably would fade away (on my second choice), since history would drastically change and Obama and Bush would never be presidents.

SubjectNumber32 wrote:

Go back 3 years and smack my past-self upside the head for being such a dumbass.

This. I would also shout at myself for spending more time on Know Your Meme and Watching Anime over my Schoolwork.

Collect a large amount of modern-day weapons, travel back in time, conquer the now-primitive powers of the Bronze Ages, and etch my name into history.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!