Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Reddit fedora wearing brony atheists

Last posted Feb 28, 2013 at 02:40PM EST. Added Feb 26, 2013 at 04:16PM EST
59 posts from 35 users

Does anyone else absolutely despise and hate the online geek culture that includes being an atheist, gamer, "science geek", Richard Dawkins fanboy, watching the big bang theory etc?
I'm a gamer, atheist and somewhat interested in math, physics etc. But when someone calls themselves a gamer/geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason.

iiBradders wrote:

Does anyone else absolutely despise and hate the online geek culture that includes being an atheist, gamer, "science geek", Richard Dawkins fanboy, watching the big bang theory etc?
I'm a gamer, atheist and somewhat interested in math, physics etc. But when someone calls themselves a gamer/geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason.

I'll ask for clarification here too.

Do you mean you hate the fact that there is an incorrect stereotype about who/what online geeks are?
Do you mean you hate the fact that there is a correct stereotype about who/what online geeks are?
Do you mean you hate people who aren't geeks by that stereotypes that call themselves geeks/gamers?

Because I think the stereotype is more true than false when comparing it to other subcultures. Especially the fedora thing.

No other subculture has any significant number of people seen in pictures wearing fedoras. Especially without a suit.

Seriously. Screw fedoras though.

iiBradders wrote:

>But when someone calls themselves a geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason.

Why do you care if other people use socially derogatory and otherwise innaccurate terms to describe themselves.

Come, KYM. This is a call to arms. We must band together and decipher this trainwreck of a post. I suggest this be our next community project.

Also, I suggest we move this off of General.

I don't know what the hell you're on about. You should really try not to whine on these forums with an opinion which isn't quite commonly held.

when someone calls themselves a gamer/geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason.

I think you need to calm down…

Plus, what do you mean by "Fedora wearing"? If they are all Fedora wearers, that'd be a common association. Because of this, we have no idea what you've set this thread's topic up as.

Last edited Feb 26, 2013 at 05:42PM EST

@Bob

I think General is fine for this. Until we figure out what OP meant for this (or what the users make of this if OP doesn't set us straight,) I think it's more of a discussion thread talking about web culture than a randomish thread or a community project.

MDFification wrote:

I think OP might want to "tear their anus apart" because he is a homosexual.

I thought that went without saying, MDF.

(Is that too harsh, or… nah, can't be, this is the internet.)

Does anyone else absolutely despise and hate the online geek culture that includes being an atheist, gamer, “science geek”, Richard Dawkins fanboy, watching the big bang theory etc?

I think he means by this that he dislikes the "Reddit Front Page" culture that is prevalent on the internet.

I’m a gamer, atheist and somewhat interested in math, physics etc.

He identifies with some of the mentalities of those people, but…
But when someone calls themselves a gamer/geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason.

He dislikes people who "take it all the way," so to speak. Just my guess.
Last edited Feb 26, 2013 at 06:23PM EST

"But when someone calls themselves a gamer/geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason."

If they seriously identify themselves as that particular group of people not only though a non-joking matter, I am unbothered.

Not certain why you are OP.

So far, this thread is like one of those art pieces you see in a gallery. Nobody knows what the hell it means, but they'll make up something.

MDFification wrote:

I think OP might want to "tear their anus apart" because he is a homosexual.

Given the high quantity of homosexuals KYM has, I doubt he'll end up disappointed. This thread should soon turn into a gay orgy, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited Feb 26, 2013 at 06:49PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Given the high quantity of homosexuals KYM has, I doubt he'll end up disappointed. This thread should soon turn into a gay orgy, it's only a matter of time.

I was actually trying to say "OP is a faggot", complete with hurrs and durrs, but it got lost in translation.

Does anyone else absolutely despise and hate the online geek culture that includes being an atheist, gamer, “science geek”, Richard Dawkins fanboy, watching the big bang theory etc?
I’m a gamer, atheist and somewhat interested in math, physics etc. But when someone calls themselves a gamer/geek I feel like violently tearing their anus apart for some reason.

I'm not an atheist, gamer, “science geek”, Richard Dawkins fanboy, watching the big bang theory etc kind of geek. I'm a diest, gamer, "astronomy geek", Carl Sagan fanboy, watching MLP etc kind of geek. But despite not matching your specific hate requirements, I suppose you still need to hate me because I am, by definition and by my very nature, a geek and a gamer.

So have at it then, hate away. You could just realize that your useless pet peeves are useless and move on with your life but you would rather have your days ruined by petty insignificant things that nobody else cares about. That's your loss, not mine.

So for my own amusement; here I am, a gamer geek, ruining your life. Greetings

iiBradders wrote:

So, what I'm getting is you hate yourself. Is that right?

Yeah, you're right, Bob. With OP's most recent post, I think this is JFF. It's hardly a General thread.

Also, I'm not sure if that's the best example of "class."

This is about the time Russian Fedora comes out of hibernation…

I said…

This is about the time RUSSIAN FEDORA COMES OUT OF HIBER- yeah, he's not going to post, is he?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!