Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,595 total conversations in 8,640 threads

+ New Thread

Taboo Couples

Last posted Mar 11, 2013 at 09:50PM EDT. Added Feb 26, 2013 at 11:20PM EST
34 posts from 28 users

So, my class is going over taboo relationships. Most are fairly straightforward, but I was curious what “the internet” thinks about two in particular relating to consenting adults:

1.) Relationships with large age gaps; ones that violate the (x/2)+7 rule. A 30 year old and a 21 year old, for instance.
2.) Relationships between first cousins.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:20PM EST

Anything that will dilute the Pure White Heterosexual Cisgendered protestant American Master-Race.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:27PM EST

For #1, as long as both parties are totally happy, I don’t see why anyone else should give a shit. #2 on the other hand, you can certainly say that their children will be… well… I… um… eh…

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:44AM EST

Different religious extremists or an extreme atheist with any religious extremist always causes trouble.

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:50AM EST

Human + xeno scum

Eldar + inferior species

Orks + dose gits wot ain’t orky enuff

Tau + unassimilated outsiders

Chaos worshippers + emperor’s sheeple

Feb 27, 2013 at 01:54AM EST

1.) Que sera, sera. If you’ve found true love, you’ve found true love. There are, of course exceotions to this rule, to an extent IMO, as far as pedophilic relationships go, but truly- love can happen between people regardless of age differences, can it not?

2.) Again… Que sera, sera. If you’ve found true love, you’ve found true love. In some countries outside of the US, marriage between cousins is legal, and consanguinity is actually somewhat prevalent. Much like the first question, I can’t really say I’m 100% on board with the idea (mostly due to horror stories of inbreeding), but if it’s true love, then it’s true love.

It’s just kinda redneckish true love.

Feb 27, 2013 at 02:52AM EST

Jedi and Normal People. Love eventually sends people into inner turmoil and throws off their balance in the force, turning the Jedi to the dark side and eventually killing the lover.

That and any Yaoi Pairing that isn’t legit. Take the characters real emotions towards another character into account first before Shipping you stupid fangirls!

Feb 27, 2013 at 04:02AM EST

A living person and a dead person.
Because I’m pretty sure necrophilia is illegal.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:49AM EST

I’m all for true love no matter the race, culture, and age differences (with some exceptions with age differences, of course)

But this one has always been gross to me.

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 10:34AM EST
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:32AM EST

BlackWolfYellowEyes wrote:

I’m all for true love no matter the race, culture, and age differences (with some exceptions with age differences, of course)

But this one has always been gross to me.

Why the fuck does she look older than him?

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:48AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Why the fuck does she look older than him?

sigh_…you should see a before pic. She was supposedly a goody-two shoes Christian before. now she’s just…._gross. and It’s not even the age difference that bothers me, its the way that he prances her around public like an over-spoiled slutty Chihuahua. And the make-out sessions are just..

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 11:02AM EST
Feb 27, 2013 at 11:02AM EST

TheOpt1onal (需要血) wrote:

Humans and cats.
No, srsly, wtf.

I just saw something pretty twisted… called “puppy play” in a show called taboo in NatGeo.

Google it if you dare… probabbly very NSFW (may not show pr0n tho)

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:00PM EST

TheOpt1onal (需要血) wrote:

Humans and cats.
No, srsly, wtf.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:26PM EST

Ok, with (1) Clear instances where it would be a problem would be the level of trust. So a 16 year old is likely to place a lot of (possibly misguided) trust in a 50 year old partner. It think that’s where a lot of the “dirty old man”/“cradle snatching” comes from. It’s not wrong to be attracted, but the relationship does raise issues.

With (2) I have no problem morally. The idea that two cousins having a baby with a medical condition being because they are cousins is ignoring the point. They are two people with particular genetic material. Just as cousins with a family history of thalassemia could have a kid with it, there’s a chance any couple of Mediterranean background runs a risk, too. It’s not like God/Cthulhu is punishing someone for crossing the line we have created.

In both cases, the problem is reproduction. An older mother or father may cause pregnancy complications or affect the development of the child. Shared genetic factors may do the same for a blood-related couple. So I guess you trust people to know what’s right for them and to consult when they need guidance in these areas.

Just representin’ the inbred folk here.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:56AM EST

About the large age gap:
You don’t take your 6 year old brother with your 15 year old friends, because he’s a child and your friends are not interested in what he says. But if you’re 30 and have a 21 friend, there is no big difference, because they’re both adults.
The same goes with relationships. It’s not the same to see a 18 year old guy with a 10 year girl than a 35 year man and a 27 year woman.

About cousin relationships… I agree, but their children might suffer the consequences.

Mar 03, 2013 at 03:41PM EST

Nic Cage and monkeys.

Mar 05, 2013 at 02:34AM EST

jace is a boss wrote:

dragon x animal ?

If the animal’s just using a dragon dildo it’s ok though.

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:49AM EST

All relationships between the feeble minded or people with genetic disorders are taboo.

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:32PM EST

Iran wrote:

All relationships between the feeble minded or people with genetic disorders are taboo.

And yet double-jointed people get all the action. Damn those sexy mutants.

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:05PM EST

Deviant art why do you do this. Oh wait, It’s because you’re fucking deviant art

Mar 11, 2013 at 09:50PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!