Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Angsty and Hobo's art rumble showdown - TO THE DEATH.

Last posted Apr 24, 2013 at 09:43AM EDT. Added Feb 27, 2013 at 08:04PM EST
102 posts from 14 users

Alright Ladies (who am I kidding?) and gentlemen. Yours truly (and his associate Angstyhoodie.tm) have decided to come up with a fun game that all of us could participate in together. Were going to host a contest of utmost skill and dexterity, I:E a drawing contest! Now what's going down is that YOU, THE PARTICIPANT, THE ONE MAN/WOMAN THAT KEEPS THE UNIVERSE STABLE (or at least the forums) SHALL CAST A VOTE WITH ME, DOCTORHOBO ON WHAT WE SHALL CREATE (thats draw assuming you guys are 12, which most of you are aren't.) The winner shall receive a gift of untold riches and wealth! (We have it decided on what we'll give but you need a steam account for gift number one.) And if you weren't as amazing as you wanted to be and you ultimately FAILED on your course of righteousness then your favorite artist shall console you by drawing you something!

And if he or she is unavailable than I shall console you instead. After all you know how I'm all about keepin it real home fizzle. So lets start. Post in the chat on what we'll draw and if you have any questions I or possibly Angsty (I'm not sure if he will though) we'll answer them.

And if I haven't elaborated enough on the beginning part it's that all of you who choose to enter our contest are going to draw what we've decided. Not just the two of us.

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 08:08PM EST

So if I understand this correct, you want artists to join your contest so they can draw what you demand them to draw?

So isn't this just a reverse art thread, and wouldn't posting the ideas you have in mind in the currently available art request threads achieve the same result?

madcat wrote:

I feel like I'm missing something here.
What chat?
What are we getting a prize for?
How does one win?

The prize we'll be told to the winner on the day he or she wins. But it is for steam so if you don't have one them entering for it is pointless. You win if people like your portrait the most and what chat?

@Randoman
It's not about what I want, it's about what you all want. I shall not be casting a vote, in fact you will be instead. Assuming you want to join. And side note when you join ill keep your name in the thread on a list digitally and on pen.

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 08:16PM EST

GIANTDAD wrote:

The prize we'll be told to the winner on the day he or she wins. But it is for steam so if you don't have one them entering for it is pointless. You win if people like your portrait the most and what chat?

@Randoman
It's not about what I want, it's about what you all want. I shall not be casting a vote, in fact you will be instead. Assuming you want to join. And side note when you join ill keep your name in the thread on a list digitally and on pen.

Post in the chat

I'm guessing you meant thread.

madcat wrote:

Post in the chat

I'm guessing you meant thread.

Oh geez I said chat. and yes that's the thread.

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 08:21PM EST

Well then, if you are so confident in your skills then why don't you bring it on Cale? I am up for a good challenge.

Or are you too afraid that your scribbling skills will be out scribbled by the scribble master!? Or perhaps I should scribble out a nice portrait of "Cale, Witch King of Chickens"?

Last edited Feb 28, 2013 at 12:11AM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Well then, if you are so confident in your skills then why don't you bring it on Cale? I am up for a good challenge.

Or are you too afraid that your scribbling skills will be out scribbled by the scribble master!? Or perhaps I should scribble out a nice portrait of "Cale, Witch King of Chickens"?

I'm sure you will find that I have already won.

List of contestants.
Ann Hiro
Natsuru Springfield.
Me
Digoxin
MasterBurner
Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the contest will officially start on march 10th.

Last edited Feb 28, 2013 at 10:28PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Does it have to be a specific object, or an idea open to interpretation?

It can be anything that all of you want although try not to make it too vague.

Digoxin wrote:

So, we draw whatever we want?

Not exactly, you draw what you all decide on so in a way yes but a vast majority of people in the thread need to agree with you.

I vote for something Know Your Meme Related. A drawing of the scientists, KYM-Tan, the Cheeto, Super Robo Jesus, etc.

I would also be fine with a "You with your favorite superpower" drawing. Though it may be a bit hard to compare in a contest like this.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 11:42PM EST

And a final note to all of you who are participating, you have three days left to vote and then the following two weeks to get it submitted. Those who haven't voted yet shall receive a message from me shortly.

Okay first off the votes.
4 Votes for a Battle between participants
1 vote going to The KYM scientists

@Digoxin
When it comes to the participants battling it's all about your avatars. Mainly because we don't know what we all look like in real life.

And it's settled, the vote has ended with a landslide with a Battle Between participants so we'll all have two weeks to get this done and submitted starting tomorrow.

Digoxin wrote:

One last stupid question: How do we determine the winner?

We determine the winner depending on the number of votes he gets. You are all obligated to vote and you cannot vote for yourself as well as ask others to vote for you out of desperation.

Last edited Mar 09, 2013 at 11:13PM EST

I agree. Unless if all the voters can give an in-depth review on why they voted, the personal biases of the voters will get in the way.

Alternately, I suggest you gather up a trio of referee's we know not to be bias. (Bob would be a good one)

Last edited Mar 10, 2013 at 01:11AM EST

@Penz0id
You submit votes through the thread.

@Ann Hiro
I understand but do you have any ideas on how to make it less biased?

@Natsuru
That seems like a good idea. If we can't get the voters to go along with the original idea then we can go with the trio.

And on an unrelated topic can I ask who's been downvoting me?

Also, before any of us start. Can everyone provide a full body portrait of their avatar and example of their abilities/fighting style before we start? I will start with mine:

My Avatar is Reimu Hakurei from Touhou Project. You can see her in action in the boss battle Here and Here

@Hobo; I didn't downvote you, but I fixed it for you.

Last edited Mar 10, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT

@Penz0id you just post them in the thread. Plain and simple.

@Natsuru
Thank you and It would be appreciated if everyone could actually do that although it wouldn't hurt to use your imagination.

Well with the number of times I've changed my avatar just to be fair It's actually just a hobo that can't really do anything other than slam people and stab them with dirty medical supplies.

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Okay. I'm pretty much just a average sized orange pterodactyl. My skills involve beating you up.

And I'm identical, but purple.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!