Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Gaming deaths that make no sense?

Last posted Mar 04, 2013 at 07:43PM EST. Added Mar 01, 2013 at 11:05PM EST
50 posts from 32 users

Katie C. wrote:

Also, in Silver Surfer, if you touch anything, you die. That includes walls.
I didn't read the comics, but isn't Silver Surfer supposed to be rather powerful?

Same thing with the NES version of Dragon's Lair

Dac wrote:

John marston dies instantly in water.

Well, he can't swim, so I suppose that's why he dies. But yeah, go near any body of water that isn't the size of a kiddie pool and H20 kicks you in the balls with overhydration .

(I remembering dying when I stood inside a waterfall. Huh.)

Mexx Android wrote:

Well, he can't swim, so I suppose that's why he dies. But yeah, go near any body of water that isn't the size of a kiddie pool and H20 kicks you in the balls with overhydration .

(I remembering dying when I stood inside a waterfall. Huh.)

Yet he can take a shotgun blast to the chest from two feet away without even falling down.

Cyphon wrote:

Yet he can take a shotgun blast to the chest from two feet away without even falling down.

God, I love Red Dead Redemption.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Why does Sonic only die when he has no rings?

… More importantly, how does he carry all of those rings?

Well, that's like asking "How can Mario eat a mushrooms and become twice his height in 2 seconds?"

Mexx Android wrote:

Well, that's like asking "How can Mario eat a mushrooms and become twice his height in 2 seconds?"

Well, that's like asking "How does the human body work?"
Or "Why does stuff fall down?"

Shouldn't we know everything about video games, just like we try to know everything about the real world?

In fighting games, how you can keep going at full power with no fatigue until your health bar disappears, than you pass out. A kick to the foot can mean the difference between a tip top physical condition and KO

How about every FPS where vehicles explode when they contact water?

Like battlefield for instance: Apparently tanks are made of sodium, because they just completely vaporize upon the slightest contact of a puddle.

Instead of cannons, they should just use water hoses.

Dr. Eggman wrote:

>Doesn't need to breath in space

>Drowns when underwater

And this time there is one that applies to the boss.

>Attempts to crush Sonic while he's spindashing

>Fingers take damage, not Sonic

Considering the fingers slam right onto the platform regardless, you'd think Sonic would take damage or even be crushed outrightttt, not just maintain the spindash and break those fingers.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Like battlefield for instance: Apparently tanks are made of sodium, because they just completely vaporize upon the slightest contact of a puddle.

Also, while we're on the subject of FPS games.

>Shot in foot by sniper rifle
>Dies

>Poked by knife
>Dies

iBlewupthemoon wrote:

Die
Resurrect in a closet

If you're talking about L4D2, might I mention…

How the fuck do these guys kill you anyway? Do Survivors just go into shock and cardiac arrest from being humped by a zombie?

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 02:23PM EST

Garry's Mod. Your character takes hardly any damage if he falls from the top of a world straight to the bottom, but can get killed by a rubber ducky that you spawned right above his head.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I don't think DICE want people to lead ambushes with tanks underwater or take down jets with AA gun vehicles while under the cover of water.

Actually, that's a point, Jets and water…

In Just Cause 2, the slightest contact with any part of the plane and water and the whole thing vaporises.

Katie C. wrote:

If you're talking about L4D2, might I mention…

How the fuck do these guys kill you anyway? Do Survivors just go into shock and cardiac arrest from being humped by a zombie?

The Jockey doesn't do anything except steer the character into the Horde/another Special Zombie.

Cale wrote:

The Jockey doesn't do anything except steer the character into the Horde/another Special Zombie.

No it does about two damage every few seconds and can down you (By thrusting its crotch into your head).

Also how about non-deaths like Niko-indestructable-Bellic or a blown up battlefield soldier that is revived with defibs.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 04:11PM EST

Spider-Byte wrote:

No it does about two damage every few seconds and can down you (By thrusting its crotch into your head).

Also how about non-deaths like Niko-indestructable-Bellic or a blown up battlefield soldier that is revived with defibs.

Realistically, it's probably clawing at one's face.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!