Forums / Just For Fun

327,507 total conversations in 8,669 threads

+ New Thread

$10 million - what would you do with it?

Last posted Mar 21, 2013 at 11:59PM EDT. Added Mar 13, 2013 at 03:25AM EDT
43 conversations with 41 participants

Apparently that’s the amount of public liability insurance I need to take out for a table at a lousy convention. I’d never really imagined this figure before (I have low expectations in life). What would you do with it, if you had it?

I’d start with this:

Fuckers ain’t hurting themselves on that.

Mar 13, 2013 at 03:25AM EDT

Benevolent solution: Distribute wealth among my family and friends who need it far more than I do (most likely what I would do)

Practical but boring and kinda selfish solution: Deposit everything into a savings account and rake in interest

Escapist solution: Buy a plane ticket to New York, rent a fancy apartment, get a job

Inner child solution: Buy go karts and the entire suburb block. Convert it into a go kart race track

E-P33N solution: Build a new PC that’s built inside a fridge filled with NOS and overclock it to 10Ghz then play Crisis 3 on it at 10000×6000 resolution

Watch the world burn solution: Light it all on fire and cook marshmallows

Cash flaunting douche solution: Fill hot tub with money and bathe in cash while consuming caviar and martini’s (NZ currency is waterproof)

Domo Arigato solution: Build a working full size Gundam

Bill Gates solution: Donate entirety to cancer research

So many idea’s…

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 at 04:20AM EDT
Mar 13, 2013 at 04:20AM EDT

Buy an engagement ring, and secure myself financially.

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 at 04:20AM EDT
Mar 13, 2013 at 04:20AM EDT

Use it to construct my super laser and threaten the world for even more cash.

There is actually a few things that I think I would wind up doing with it. Suddenly I would have the money to go off and apply to one of those really high class art colleges where I can take Game Design as my major.

After that I could move on and live comfortably for the rest of my life while running my own independent game studio.

Mar 13, 2013 at 04:25AM EDT

I don’t know what I would do with it. How much I would love to spend it on games, figurines, and vacations, I’m pretty content with how things are for right now to actually spend or devote the money on something.

When I think of something that would really make me happy, it’s not something money could buy. I want a tight knit family, I want a healthy mom, I want a brother who cares, I want my dad to love us, I want to go to cook outs with my aunts, uncles and cousins, I want confidence, I want motivation, I want to feel loved.

Depressing as it sounds, those are what I truly want. Only thing money would buy, to get my confidence and motivation, is more drugs to stuff down my throat and more therapist and psychiatrists wanting to know how I feel.
Money could buy my mom more medicine and operations, but it could never undo the damage of a stroke and old age.

Sadly, no amount of money can buy this guy happiness.

Mar 13, 2013 at 06:20AM EDT

Spend the money in scientific research to create the world’s first pokemon…

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:03AM EDT

I would fund the creation of military robot-making factories (SWATbot factories), then I would use the remaining funds to invent a roboticizer and create my grand city of Robotropolis, after which I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 at 09:59AM EDT
Mar 13, 2013 at 09:59AM EDT

How much does it cost for 1 backflip.
That’s all I need.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:15AM EDT

Get it in one dollar bills, write two zeros on all of them, and then I have one billion.
SHUT UP ITS A GREAT IDEA

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:47AM EDT

But in all seriousness I will probabbly get it all in a back until I regain my conciousness due to my heart attack and decide what to do with the money.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:12AM EDT

I would try burying it. Then shredding it. Then burning it. Then I would decide to give it all away.

Mar 14, 2013 at 08:50PM EDT

Money-safe, not as greedy solution: Deposit half of the amount into my account, then give my family nearly all of the investment, while I keep 10% of it (so I can deposit again to invest more monies, then my family can get more money), and then invest the other half into some fun stuff.

I’ll probably buy a go-kart, a better PC rig, a better monitor, buy myself a 4320p HDTV (you know, those ones that cost only 2.5% of $1,000,000 ($25k, which is actually pretty cheap if you have $10,000,000), the PS4 when it comes out, games I wanted to buy, a good car (for when I finally am old enough and have a license or permit).

That probably equates to only $500,000 if not less.

Then I’ll invest the rest into making a way to create inter-dimensional portals or just wormholes.
Hopefully that will happen in the next 25 years of my life, if not 30.

Mar 14, 2013 at 09:57PM EDT

Go to college, buy a house (probably in the $150-200K range) and then put the rest of it in a savings account.

Yay practicality!

Mar 14, 2013 at 09:58PM EDT

>Buy a two-week trip to Italy
>Fund career goals
>Put the rest in the bank

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:36PM EDT

Buy all of the crap I’ve been meaning to buy. That be a fraction of a drop in the bucket.

Then I’d do something intelligent, benevolent, and boring with the rest of it.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:42PM EDT

You people have no what you really should do with ten million.

>First, get the ten million in pounds. Current exchange rates means that one pound equals 1 1/2 dollars.

>Take newly acquired 17.5 million and invest 7.5 million into a bank account. Interest will start to accumulate over time, still making you rich if the next part fails (offshore bank account recommended).

>Take five million and invest into into well-entrenched businesses that make lots of money for their shareholders, but are financially stable.

>Invest the remaining five million into newer companies that you think could become extremely successful (think Google).

>Become filthy fucking rich and live out the rest of your life with more money than you know what do do with.

Edit: No money to Charity except to get tax deductibles which you don’t even need because of your offshore bank account(s).

Last edited Mar 14, 2013 at 11:59PM EDT
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:53PM EDT

Vlad wrote:

>First, get the ten million in pounds. Current exchange rates means that one pound equals 1 1/2 dollars.

>Take newly acquired 17.5 million and invest 7.5 million into a bank account. Interest will start to accumulate over time, still making you rich if the next part fails (offshore bank account recommended).

>Take five million and invest into into well-entrenched businesses that make lots of money for their shareholders, but are financially stable.

>Invest the remaining five million into newer companies that you think could become extremely successful (think Google).

>Become filthy fucking rich and live out the rest of your life with more money than you know what do do with.

Edit: No money to Charity except to get tax deductibles which you don’t even need because of your offshore bank account(s).

Damn. You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:56PM EDT

Well then, might as well we all go for pounds.

$17.5 million USD, what would you do with it?

Everything I said before + a house in the U.S. and another in Paris. A house next to Disneyworld. In Paris.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:54AM EDT

Honestly? Fund Kickstarters. I’d love to say that I’d do something more ‘benevolent’ like donating it to charity, but every time I look at a kickstarter I think about what they could do if I had the money to give to them. Kickstarter is where new ideas are born, and a wealthy investor with his eye on new projects could ignite technological revolutions across the board. It’s like funding people’s creative dreams, if that doesn’t sound too corny. Besides, I imagine that injecting money into these projects would produce more direct happiness than if I were to donate to a bunch of charities where money would be thinned out and watered down. At least, that’s my rationalization.

Last edited Mar 15, 2013 at 12:59AM EDT
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:58AM EDT

Invest some of it.

Give away many things to my friends (Most like gifts or TF2 stuffs)

Get a God Computer performance.

Go to another country

Can’t think on any more ideas atm…

Mar 15, 2013 at 02:47AM EDT

Vlad wrote:

Really bad time to confess I didn’t convert it from Australian dollars because I thought it was arbitrary. If it still is, go ahead and say 10 million pounds. If you’re finicky, here’s the rate:

US $10,380,070.05
GBP £6,876,258.79
EUR €7,970,533.58
CAD $10,606,706.02

Now everyone can re-evaluate.

I think I’m going to do some Canadian shopping.

Mar 15, 2013 at 02:57AM EDT

First, I’d buy two plane tickets out of the Philippines to America.

Then, I’d buy myself a nice house where the cacophony of nearby construction sites aren’t grinding my ears.

After those two are over, I’ll go buy a Cintiq so I don’t have to be using my index finger all the time.

Lastly, I’d pay Hasbro into making an episode of LPS with the plot upon my whims.
And my whims are never up to something nice.

I’d save the rest of it for whatever. I’m no miser.

Mar 15, 2013 at 04:01AM EDT

I’d still only have the 10 million to work with, as I lvie in the UK anyway.

Well, I suppose I could buy almost ALL the vidya gaems. … Ehh, not really.

I WOULD throw some on Steam games, however.

I really wouldn’t know what to do with £10 million

Mar 15, 2013 at 04:10AM EDT

I would buy an island somewhere in international waters and fill it with servers. Then, file sharing sites could pay to host there without fear of being shut down. Give the MPAA a heart attack.

Mar 17, 2013 at 03:30AM EDT

Spider-byte wrote:

Convert it to pounds.

That is precisely what I was going to post.

Mar 17, 2013 at 07:23AM EDT

I would invest my money into a rocketship coffin.
The coffin will be a rocketship, it will go past pluto one day. There will be pictures taken every hour. 100 pictures of everything around my coffin, and 1 picture of me inside the coffin. The rocketship coffin will be solar powered and the ship will one day go crash into pluto. Once it hit pluto, my coffin will explode with a powerful shockwave that will destroy pluto.
Yes, I had this planned out for years.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:11PM EDT

Simple really, i’d go to a convenience store and ask for it to be converted to pennies.
After seeing the shopkeeper endure that torture I’d carry it in a large jar, wait till I get mugged (it’s inevitable really when you’re publicly carrying huge amounts of cash) and crush the mugger with it.
I’d then buy myself out of a murder charge and purchase Lithuania for £70,000 (that’s actually how much it costs). I’d then extradite everyone to Burma and destroy any traces of human addition to the land except for one massive palace (I’d get laborers to do this). Then I’d finally be able to get some peace and quiet and I’d probably end up reaching Enlightenment.
Near the end of my life I’d declare war on everyone, leave Lithuania and leave it as a massive sigh saying ‘JK ;)’
Reasonable goals. I know.

Mar 18, 2013 at 05:40PM EDT

Buy 10 million $ worth of sweet rolls

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:46AM EDT

I’d pay a thousand genetically-disabled people ten thousand dollars each, for them to sterilize themselves.

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:51PM EDT

I would give half of it to the government. While the rest of you are in jail for tax evasion, I’ll buy the stuff you bought at heavily-reduced public auction prices

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:18AM EDT

Honestly, instead of buying huge chunks of random things, I would simply whittle around the money constantly keeping track on how much I spend. I don’t want to get too crazy, that will lead to people attempting to take my moneys.

I don’t want people to take my moneys.

Mar 20, 2013 at 04:16AM EDT

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:27PM EDT

I’d genetically engineer myself in order to become the first Homo sapiens superior, like Khan from Star Trek.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:59PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!