Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Omelette du fromage

Last posted Nov 26, 2009 at 12:07PM EST. Added Oct 21, 2009 at 11:41AM EDT
30 posts from 17 users

Ah yes. Classic Dexter's Lab episode. Dexter tried "sleep learning" by listening to a "how to speak french" recording while sleeping. But the recording got stuck on "Omelette du fromage" and that's all he could say when he woke up.

Freakazoid had a similar gag with "Qui a coupe le fromage."

All That also did something close to that.

It seems like French lessons incorporating cheese were a big theme in 90's childrens' shows.

PS: Whenever I see Kenan Thompson on SNL today, it just seems weird. I expect him to still be 12.

Wrryy was cheese based french phrases so popular back in the nintys?

I'd say the French stereotype of drinking wine, eating cheese with a baguette, smoking cigarettes and so forth was (still is ?) popular back in the days.

I can't believe that there was a time when Cartoon Network actually ran funny shows (I wasn't alive for most of the 90's). All they show today are stupid dumbed-down animation and failed attempts at live action shows.

@Joe
Ah, I feel for you bro.
I was born in 1987 so I got to appreciate the full awesomeness of childhood in the 90s. Without a doubt the best decade for cartoons and video games. Ahh, the nostalgia…

MY GAWD! WHEN WILL CARTOONS BE THIS GOOD?!!

Ah well…

time to bring in my other favorite

CLOWNS ARE NOTHING BUT ULTIMATE EVIL!
THEY WANT TO BE THE ULTIMATE SPECIES, AND THEY'LL DESTROY US ALL TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
I'll take the chicken
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL

The 90's was a great decade. It was THE decade for television and related media (video games for instance). But, 2K marked the start of THE era for the internets. Without those two decades' accomplishments technology-wise, the world would be a sad place.

Billy and Mandy was the greatest thing ever.
Dexter too. I always loved the way Mandark laughed.

NO NOSE NO NOSE NO NOSE NO NOSE NO NOSE!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!