Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,455 total conversations in 8,632 threads

+ New Thread


Nations RP: Return to the First

Last posted Jul 27, 2013 at 10:03PM EDT. Added May 19, 2013 at 10:08PM EDT
809 posts from 23 users

@milhouse
Would it be an issue if I tried to establish trade in your nation?
@BS(od)
Could the EU help me and Iran with bridging the gap between Asia and Eurasia?

May 28, 2013 at 08:42AM EDT
Quote

@S.C.O.E.:
Sagarmatha is a peaceful nation, but I don’t think we’ll be trading with any other PCs anytime very soon. Only Infitus is anywhere near us, and we’ve got the Himalayas between us. I suppose I’d ask Syndiquil if we still have skill in tunneling, since I think we were all living underground at the end of the last game, but even if we do, there’s a huge difference between living in caves and boring out an underground road through a massive continental divide mountain range.

May 28, 2013 at 04:20PM EDT
Quote

Sir Crona Statscowski Esquire wrote:

@milhouse
Would it be an issue if I tried to establish trade in your nation?
@BS(od)
Could the EU help me and Iran with bridging the gap between Asia and Eurasia?

No.

Please keep your genocidal maniacs and “corpotocracies” in your own region.

Edit:

@Brucker: The Swiss are probably the best at tunneling right now. Also, I distinctly remember Germany having a Moon Base. Would it still be around and can I switch to it if it is, Syndic?

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 04:25PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 04:24PM EDT
Quote

Sir Crona Statscowski Esquire wrote:

@milhouse
Would it be an issue if I tried to establish trade in your nation?
@BS(od)
Could the EU help me and Iran with bridging the gap between Asia and Eurasia?

The EU has a policy against Genocide and the Chinese.

May 28, 2013 at 04:55PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

We the Not Russians would like to establish diplomatic relations with the EU.

We’d love to team up with the obscure nation thousands of miles away and surrounded by a vast swathe of hyper-lethal radiation.

May 28, 2013 at 05:16PM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

We’d love to team up with the obscure nation thousands of miles away and surrounded by a vast swathe of hyper-lethal radiation.

Well the radiation is sort of a good and bad thing. It limits our expansion southward and presents a health risk, but also makes us unattackable from the south, leaving only the small bottleneck through Finland and the narrow mountain range in the east, while still leaving us room to breathe between it and the glaciers. I can basically turtle up until long range aircraft are developed, but then i wouldn’t have any diplomatic ties, which would be bad.

im also the safest from NERV and the Nazis, even though im the closest to them on this continent.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 05:34PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 05:31PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

Well the radiation is sort of a good and bad thing. It limits our expansion southward and presents a health risk, but also makes us unattackable from the south, leaving only the small bottleneck through Finland and the narrow mountain range in the east, while still leaving us room to breathe between it and the glaciers. I can basically turtle up until long range aircraft are developed, but then i wouldn’t have any diplomatic ties, which would be bad.

im also the safest from NERV and the Nazis, even though im the closest to them on this continent.

We have no desire to associate with you in any way. Don’t kid yourself.

@EU: We should figure out a way to trade with each other.

May 28, 2013 at 05:53PM EDT
Quote

Hey guys, remember the #NatRP channel if you IRC at all.

May 28, 2013 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

@Fridge Logic

Isn’t that Aeriya is there for. We are the pathway for Asia and Europe.

May 28, 2013 at 07:27PM EDT

@Iran your gennocidal tendencies are seriously pissing me off. You should rethink your use of your power if you want to establish a posotive relationship with the Otaku people.

@Vlad i don’t understand? I chose this kind of government so I could establish trade easier. Who needs weapons when you have money? (Check your PMs.)

May 28, 2013 at 07:41PM EDT
Quote

@Iran: You are the path so long as everyone sees fit.
@Crona: Economies are unstable and unfounded at this time. “Corporations” consist of rip-offs in your favor, as it stands.

May 28, 2013 at 08:09PM EDT
Quote

CrouchingSloth wrote:

I was wondering, would cartography be considered a technology?

Yes, it’s been done before.

May 28, 2013 at 08:13PM EDT
Quote

Sir Crona Statscowski Esquire wrote:

@Iran your gennocidal tendencies are seriously pissing me off. You should rethink your use of your power if you want to establish a posotive relationship with the Otaku people.

@Vlad i don’t understand? I chose this kind of government so I could establish trade easier. Who needs weapons when you have money? (Check your PMs.)

I don’t do any genocide. We, Aeriyans consider ourselves as one race, the Aeriyans. Everyone in Aeriya is an Aeriyan, regardless if their ancestors came from Saudi-Arabia, Europe, or Mongolia. We have put down the classifications of distinct races, and we consider ourselves as one artificial race, who is working to improve itself.

May 28, 2013 at 08:16PM EDT

Iran wrote:

I don’t do any genocide. We, Aeriyans consider ourselves as one race, the Aeriyans. Everyone in Aeriya is an Aeriyan, regardless if their ancestors came from Saudi-Arabia, Europe, or Mongolia. We have put down the classifications of distinct races, and we consider ourselves as one artificial race, who is working to improve itself.

Great, now you’re just a mass murderer. Thanks for clearing that up with us!

Edit:

At the moment, Mr. Crona, economies are far too unstable and we have far too little world knowledge for transcontinental trade. The concept of a “corporation” does not even exist, and neither does the concept of an economy based on anything other than agriculture.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 09:39PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 09:35PM EDT
Quote

@Vlad:
Some people are developing an economy based on fishing alright. Things are primitive, but it’s post-apocalyptic primitive, so things could develop in unusual ways, I think.

May 28, 2013 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote

Attention all nations with Pacific borders!

U. Pacifica is opening trade routes to ship all kinds of goods, or even passengers, across the ocean. We all have something we can give, and we all need something from others! Feel free to trade products, ideas, or even genes with Pacificans!

May 29, 2013 at 04:15PM EDT
Quote

Serious Business wrote:

Attention all nations with Pacific borders!

U. Pacifica is opening trade routes to ship all kinds of goods, or even passengers, across the ocean. We all have something we can give, and we all need something from others! Feel free to trade products, ideas, or even genes with Pacificans!

Sounds great, if you give Otak some ships it’d really help my trade take off.
Also, “Trade genes…”

Bow chicka bowow

Last edited May 29, 2013 at 05:59PM EDT
May 29, 2013 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

CrouchingSloth wrote:

@Eggman Empire
Would you like to begin trade with Leninland?

That depends on what you are willing to offer.

May 29, 2013 at 06:02PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Ivo Robotnik wrote:

That depends on what you are willing to offer.

Agriculture has already been established in my country, so I could trade you crops and meat.

May 29, 2013 at 06:08PM EDT
Quote

CrouchingSloth wrote:

Agriculture has already been established in my country, so I could trade you crops and meat.

I’ve already developed fishing outposts along the East Coast. And considering the close proximity of our borders, I’d say trade should be fairly easy.

So, my fish for your crops. Do we have a deal?

May 29, 2013 at 06:20PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Ivo Robotnik wrote:

I’ve already developed fishing outposts along the East Coast. And considering the close proximity of our borders, I’d say trade should be fairly easy.

So, my fish for your crops. Do we have a deal?

Deal

May 29, 2013 at 06:24PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

ur boats can’t even fly u casuals

boat me 1v1 irl fgt

May 29, 2013 at 07:53PM EDT
Quote

Good to have you on the Bajan Islands, comrade @srsbuisness. In other news, the map is wrong. The Bajan islands really belong to sastrei, and are near LA, not in Baja California.

May 29, 2013 at 07:55PM EDT
Quote

Vlad wrote:

boat me 1v1 irl fgt

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the last nuclear apocalypse, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Victoria, and I have over 300 confirmed bogus doomsday weapons. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top navy in the entire Space Australia. You are nothing to me but just another random non-Catholic. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet I stole from Fasier? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of pirates across the Vascon Exodus into Space and your Danish communazis are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that tries to ignite the atmosphere with nuclear weapons but just ends up flooding Holland somehow. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can WMD you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with technology grounded in reality. Not only am I extensively trained in the Spanish inquisition, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Vascon Flying Boat Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have helped while I single handedly sacrificed myself to kill the country that blew up all our capitals. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn Crimsonian. I will light industrial fires all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, GAIA-bait.

May 29, 2013 at 08:57PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the last nuclear apocalypse, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Victoria, and I have over 300 confirmed bogus doomsday weapons. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top navy in the entire Space Australia. You are nothing to me but just another random non-Catholic. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet I stole from Fasier? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of pirates across the Vascon Exodus into Space and your Danish communazis are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that tries to ignite the atmosphere with nuclear weapons but just ends up flooding Holland somehow. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can WMD you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with technology grounded in reality. Not only am I extensively trained in the Spanish inquisition, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Vascon Flying Boat Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have helped while I single handedly sacrificed myself to kill the country that blew up all our capitals. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn Crimsonian. I will light industrial fires all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, GAIA-bait.

boat that to my face and not online and see what happens

May 30, 2013 at 01:11AM EDT
Quote

Sir Crona Statscowski Esquire wrote:

I just can’t not post this now

ditto…

May 30, 2013 at 04:37AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Is this going to be like that Russel Crow thing in the last Nation RP? But with boats?

shut yer gabber m8 ill wrec boat u sware on me mum

Last edited May 30, 2013 at 08:37PM EDT
May 30, 2013 at 08:37PM EDT
Quote

If only SOMEONE would get this thread back on topic by posting, say, a turn?
Also, if you downvoted that song you are more of a heartless monster than Chell.

May 30, 2013 at 09:05PM EDT
Quote

Haven’t sent my turn in yet. I’ll do that now. Sorry, i’m probably holding everyone up


Hey Europeans, are we trading yet?

Last edited May 30, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT
May 30, 2013 at 11:19PM EDT
Quote

Turn 4?
Summer 2150

Map


Fifty years have passed and civilization is getting back on its feet. Scavenged materials are in short supply, promoting farming and domestic production of goods. Industrialization is spreading and the globe has been explored once again. Knowledge is spread between nations, and old technology has been successfully duplicated.


Sorry for the exceedingly long wait for this turn. Unfortunately, I cannot spend upwards of six hours a day writing these things, and I simply will not accept two to three day waiting periods between turns.

In order to save me time and energy writing the turns, everything is vague now. I have to sacrifice quality to maintain quantity, and with this many players I cannot keep track of every minute detail in the game. I have, unfortunately, scrapped the contents of turn four in favor of this post.

Military/economy quality will be ranked on the following scale:
Imploded, Bad, Basic, Average, Good, Great, Fabulous!

The size of your military/economy is dependent upon the number of cities you own. More cities = more wealth and bigger armies.

Tech is also now based on ages instead of individual projects. Everybody starts in the Imperial Age, which is just prior to global industrialization. Think Napoleon’s time. Your domestic policies will determine just which direction your tech goes and how fast you get there.
Military/economy/tech rankings might also be supplemented with a short descriptor for special circumstances. Do not work on individual tech projects anymore. Instead, focus on enacting policies/laws that encourage growth, trading with other nations, and establishing colonies.

Again, I am so sorry for the delay and the change of rules last minute. I assure you that from now on I will work my best to make sure the turns are produced daily once again. Hopefully the significant leap forwards in tech and the timeline will make up for the error of my ways.



Kickassia
Captain Douglas J Falcon
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Angmar
Cale the Witch King of Cats
Government: Representative Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



The Wastelands
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Syserror
Blue Screen (of Death)
Government: Constitutional Democratic Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Otak Empire
Sir Crona Orunitia Equire
Government: Corporate Overlordship
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Zyrgonia
Deadpool (TheOpt1onal)
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Not Soviet Russia
404 user not found
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Eggman Empire
Dr. Ivo Robotnik
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Aeriya
Iran
Government: National Socialist Despotism
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Sastrei
Carnotaur in spaaace
Government: Enlightened Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Leninland
Crouching Sloth
Government: Democratic Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Königsberg
Vlad
Government: Representative Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Marmota
FloatingMarmot
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



NERV
Fridge Logic
Government: “Democratic” Military Despotism
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Cattonia
madcat
Government: Democratic Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



United Pacifica
Serious Business
Government: Elective Chiefdom
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Infitus
Slappy The Fish
Government: Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-



Sagarmatha
Brucker
Government: Anarcho-Communist People’s Republic
Military: Average
Economy: Average
Tech: Imperial Age
-

Last edited May 30, 2013 at 11:39PM EDT
May 30, 2013 at 11:37PM EDT
Quote

@Syndiquil
Just to be clear, the beige land in central North America is our trading hub, correct?
@North American Nations
I am willing to begin trade with all of you

May 30, 2013 at 11:55PM EDT
Quote

@CrouchingSloth
Yes! That is The Glacier Community, a commercial nation of merchants with organized trade routes strung through the North American Glacier Zone. They promote free trade and defend travelers in a way that is similar to the Mongol Empire’s control of the silk road.

May 31, 2013 at 12:06AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Is this going to be like that Russel Crow thing in the last Nation RP? But with boats?

Regrettably it cannot be said that any of you posses impeccable boating skills.

May 31, 2013 at 12:28AM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

Regrettably it cannot be said that any of you posses impeccable boating skills.

MDF wins the KYMnatRP official Top Gun Naval Hat for 2013!

May 31, 2013 at 02:21AM EDT
Quote

@Syndic: I think you overextend yourself by not setting limits. you let everyone do so much in a single turn, and don’t shut people out of the game once it’s well underway. I would gladly withdraw my PC-ship to allow the game to go more smoothly, if you think that would help. Just a thought; you should of course run your game as you see fit, but nobody’s going to have fun if you burn yourself out.

May 31, 2013 at 02:35AM EDT
Quote

@Brucker
Nein nein stay in mein game. I am not letting any more players in right now. As for limits in a single turn, what do you mean? I have a limit of eight lines per PM. Should I limit it to, say, four? Eight was the limit back when I had just ten players I think, so such a thing might make a lot of sense. I really do not want to boot players just because of my ineptitude.

May 31, 2013 at 03:04AM EDT
Quote

@Syndic:
Wollen wir im Deutsch jetzt spielen? Das würde weiter Dinge zu komplizieren. Play things how you want, I’m just saying don’t overdo things, because this game is complicated enough in mere concept without adding so many layers of detail and players. Really, when you say “I have to sacrifice quality to maintain quantity, and with this many players I cannot keep track of every minute detail in the game.” I’m replying, “by all means, do what you must!” that’s all.

May 31, 2013 at 03:51AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!