Forums / Just For Fun

327,968 total conversations in 8,677 threads

+ New Thread

YouTube is Watching Me...

Last posted May 30, 2013 at 02:59PM EDT. Added May 30, 2013 at 12:18PM EDT
4 conversations with 4 participants

On my account on YouTube, someone reported three of my videos with copyright strikes and forced me to take them down. Plus, they forced me to watch a terrible Happy Tree Friends episode about copyright infringement and take a test on it. They then said I could be shut down if this happens again. Should I just delete my account?

May 30, 2013 at 12:18PM EDT

Well, it depends what were on the videos.

If copyrighted materials were on them without proof of non-ownership, then I can see why. If there were no copyrighted materials were on them, or they were copyright of you, then I might just dig a bit deeper as to what caused the ban.

May 30, 2013 at 12:33PM EDT

like Opt1onal says
if you have copyrighted stuff in your videos that does not belong to you then it is just bad luck but that is how it works

if you do own the material/ there is no copyrighted material you should look deeper into it and perhaps inform youtube that there have been a mistake

last time i heard something like this i was told you can ban someones videos by simply faking that you that and that company without actually being it(not sure if it still works that way)

May 30, 2013 at 02:59PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!