Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Give your thoughts on the last game you played.

Last posted Jul 08, 2013 at 04:09PM EDT. Added Jul 05, 2013 at 12:30AM EDT
53 posts from 37 users

ITT, you will briefly give your opinion on the last game you played. Here's mine.

Battlefield 3

I HATE the campaign, but the multiplayer's fun.

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 12:42AM EDT

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

Making a giant replica of the walls from Attack on Titan in minecraft. I have too much time on my hands.

That sounds awesome!

RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR!

DIE!

Fire Emblem Awakening

I love the story and relationship system (though I like Radiant Dawn's story better at this point). I don't like that they scrapped the magic triangle and horse special abilities.

I also am a bit pissed that they didn't bother to make custom heads for the cameo DLC. >_<;;

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 03:02AM EDT

Screenshot is from Cursed Treasure 2, a tower defense game by IriySoft. Notice the Amazon's "charm" technique whereby removing her armor will distract your nearby towers. It's all G-rated and Hays-compliant, but this is mildly ecchi. Very mildly ecchi. Someone could, in theory, get off on this if they really set their mind to it.

I just now noticed that the game refers to "his armor" in the description of the Final Rush skill. It's a trap? They probably have one text for the technique shared across all of the units that have it.

The game itself is repetitive and highly polished. You'll like it if you like tower defense games, you won't if you don't.

The first draft of this post said Hayes-compliant which would be something else entirely.

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 02:59AM EDT

It has, in my opinion, one of the best storylines in videogame history. Interesting setting, not often seen in videogames. Memorable characters like a talking skull, a chaste succubus, a man who is also a portal to the plane of fire. This game is very dialogue-heavy, so you need to be prepared to read a lot.

UPDATED MY JOURNAL.

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 04:40AM EDT

One of the best games of all time in my mind. Really.
That might have been the second game I last played, but TF2 is like a constant in the universe. I did get 4 backstabs in a row, one of which was a fully-charged Medic, so I got 2 achievements, so that was nice. And people keep opening pallets of summer crates, so I might just open one myself.

The most recent game that I played was SS13.

The server was in sandbox mode, so people could spawn stuff. In theory, sandbox is where people spawn things and learn the ropes and tricks of the game. In practice, everyone spawns uberguns and blows the shit out of eachother. The server I frequent is more mature than that, but there's this one guy who, even in normal rounds, goes "LOL I'M CRAZY XDDD" and has flashbacks during which he just randomly kills people. Everyone's tired of his shit at this point, and he'll probably be banned in a week or two for his tendencies. Anywho, when everyone left (including admins) for the night, me and him were still up. I had given myself some magical abilities earlier in the round since I was just wandering about, RPing a bokor-type character. He made a big combat mech and tried to kill me with a fuckton of missiles. I brought all the lockers to life and had them beat the shit out of his mech. He later walked into a hallway that had sleeping gas in it that he released, and he forgot to wear an airtank so he passed out and died.

SS13's a magical place. Great game, if you know what you're doing. It's one of my favorite games, even with the shitty program its built on. Sandbox mode and normal modes are two completely different player mentalities, though.

I am AHO Right? wrote:

One of the best games of all time in my mind. Really.
That might have been the second game I last played, but TF2 is like a constant in the universe. I did get 4 backstabs in a row, one of which was a fully-charged Medic, so I got 2 achievements, so that was nice. And people keep opening pallets of summer crates, so I might just open one myself.

I love that game!

I stayed up until 4 in the morning playing The Cave. I don't know how to solve a puzzle in the Twins' level, and I'm completely clueless. The solution's probably going to end up being really obvious because I'm dumb. :/
The Cave's an average game so far. The writing is sure to get a laugh or two out of you, but some of the puzzles (up to this point) had pretty obvious solutions, and involved a lot of monotonous backtracking.

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 01:41PM EDT

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Half of the fun is identifying the characters!

What game would you say is most similar in gameplay to Project X Zone? I'm thinking about getting more 3DS games.

Gentleman Cola wrote:

What game would you say is most similar in gameplay to Project X Zone? I'm thinking about getting more 3DS games.

It's a strategy RPG with slight fighting game elements.
Though, by fighting game, I mean that you have a (very small) moves list. Don't worry, you don't have to memorize anything. You only got three "moves," the A button, the A button and left, or the A button and right. It's really all about timing more than figuring out the best combos.

It's one of those games that there's so much going on that it's hard to describe, but you'll pick up on it quickly.

I can't think of any game it's really similar to, but I don't play a lot of strategy RPGs, so I'm sure at least one person will play it and say "oh yeah, it's like X" or whatnot.

Get it if you like any of the companies involved in the crossover. Otherwise, it's not going to be nearly as magical of an experience.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

It's a strategy RPG with slight fighting game elements.
Though, by fighting game, I mean that you have a (very small) moves list. Don't worry, you don't have to memorize anything. You only got three "moves," the A button, the A button and left, or the A button and right. It's really all about timing more than figuring out the best combos.

It's one of those games that there's so much going on that it's hard to describe, but you'll pick up on it quickly.

I can't think of any game it's really similar to, but I don't play a lot of strategy RPGs, so I'm sure at least one person will play it and say "oh yeah, it's like X" or whatnot.

Get it if you like any of the companies involved in the crossover. Otherwise, it's not going to be nearly as magical of an experience.

I haven't played that many games whose characters appear in the game, but it still looks interesting. I'll give it a try!

PMD: Gates to Infinity

I like it, it's easier to play than the previous 2 since you gain abilities easier and there are abilities that really help out in the long run, the team attack really does help a lot too. The character development was also really good, and I had no idea where the plot was going so there were surprises everywhere. I honestly don't know why IGN hated it, probably they have a bias against non-hardcore games.

Vlad wrote:

Killing Floor.

If you are attacked by a Fleshpound, I recommend shooting in until it stops moving.

Coincidence? I don't know the names of the monsters, but that damn hopping one keeps dodging my bullets! And this is the first time playing it. At first, I thought it'd scare the living daylights out of me, but now I see it as f*cking amazing! Grab it while you can, lads… it's on sale!
Oh, and this guy… killed me all the time!

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 09:15PM EDT

Gentleman Cola wrote:

ITT, you will briefly give your opinion on the last game you played. Here's mine.

Battlefield 3

I HATE the campaign, but the multiplayer's fun.

Expand; Why did you find it so terrible? (B:BC2 was obviously better though)

For me, I technically last played FIFA 13…

It's broken as hell but if you took out all the things about it that are broken and were never fixed, then it's probably decent at best.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Expand; Why did you find it so terrible? (B:BC2 was obviously better though)

For me, I technically last played FIFA 13…

It's broken as hell but if you took out all the things about it that are broken and were never fixed, then it's probably decent at best.

Battlefield 3's campaign is a bloated, gelatinous blob of explosions, unnecessary f-bombs, and set pieces that have lost all sense of excitement and value. The game doesn't even attempt to have any sort of characterization, and it has absolutely no original ideas in its head. The missions are told in flashback form from an interrogated soldier (Black Ops), there are threats of a nuclear bomb (CoD 4), and you fight Russians (every game ever made). It railroads you along throughout all 4-5 hours of it, and gives you almost no freedom. For example, once I had two fully-loaded machine guns that would get the job done in any situation. At one point, the game would NOT let me proceed with the mission until I picked up a slightly different machine gun that was even less effective than the ones I had before. Also, one mission began with my character climbing into a jet. It was going to be a thrilling change of pace for the game! But when we took off into the air, it suddenly turned into an incredibly boring game of, "Point At That Red Square Until We Say To Press That Button".

TL;DR, It gives you no freedom, it has no original ideas, it's ungodly boring at times, and it is the epitome of what makes modern-military shooters so bad (I haven't played MoH: Warfighter yet, so that crown might be snatched from BF3 soon).

Gentleman Cola wrote:

Battlefield 3's campaign is a bloated, gelatinous blob of explosions, unnecessary f-bombs, and set pieces that have lost all sense of excitement and value. The game doesn't even attempt to have any sort of characterization, and it has absolutely no original ideas in its head. The missions are told in flashback form from an interrogated soldier (Black Ops), there are threats of a nuclear bomb (CoD 4), and you fight Russians (every game ever made). It railroads you along throughout all 4-5 hours of it, and gives you almost no freedom. For example, once I had two fully-loaded machine guns that would get the job done in any situation. At one point, the game would NOT let me proceed with the mission until I picked up a slightly different machine gun that was even less effective than the ones I had before. Also, one mission began with my character climbing into a jet. It was going to be a thrilling change of pace for the game! But when we took off into the air, it suddenly turned into an incredibly boring game of, "Point At That Red Square Until We Say To Press That Button".

TL;DR, It gives you no freedom, it has no original ideas, it's ungodly boring at times, and it is the epitome of what makes modern-military shooters so bad (I haven't played MoH: Warfighter yet, so that crown might be snatched from BF3 soon).

You've reminded me… While you're exaggerating at times in that paragraph, I can certainly agree with the 'stolen' ideas and recycled ones.

Not to mention how the one cool and anticipated mission turned out to be literally point-and-click. T_T

Vlad wrote:

Killing Floor.

If you are attacked by a Fleshpound, I recommend shooting in until it stops moving.

I've only played the original UT2004 mod for Killing Floor. But I take it you are talking about the standalone release?

How different is the standalone version from the mod, if you know? Still the same gameplay?

Laud "The Bear Jew" Piestrings wrote:

Coincidence? I don't know the names of the monsters, but that damn hopping one keeps dodging my bullets! And this is the first time playing it. At first, I thought it'd scare the living daylights out of me, but now I see it as f*cking amazing! Grab it while you can, lads… it's on sale!
Oh, and this guy… killed me all the time!

I just bought this a few days ago jumped in a multiplayer and killed this guy with help of my team.
Defintely better co-op.

I am yet again using limited data allowance to post here…

My answer depends on flash or non-flash.

flash = Gemcraft Labyrinth, in which I'm just doing endurance because.

Non-flash = SA on normal. While I can 1cc on easy, I can barely reach stage 4 on normal. That is not for lack of deathbombing, which I am actually getting decent at. It's the whole dodging bullets thing that's the problem. Not for lack of trying, of course. (I just want to reach at least Mega Flare on a 1cc… which, to be fair, is almost the very end of the game.)

Nuff said.

quite possibly the best FPS ive ever played. its what a true FPS should be before they introduced all this bullshit auto health regen and aim down sight stuff.

this game is what i trully call a classic FPS. it was challenging, amazing graphics, scary as fuck, but just downright fun no matter how many times i play it.

It's certainly more enjoyable than the PS2 version.

Sure, the game is considerably easier, even on the hardest difficulty, but it's actually playable now. They fixed a lot of problems that the original faced and allowed you to deviate more towards social links without leaving you lacking in levels.

Last edited Jul 08, 2013 at 02:16AM EDT

seafoamcloud wrote:

Snowboard supercross, everytime I think I'm starting to get good, I fail miserably on the next race.

Are you good at tricks?

I, for one, LOVE getting into the diamond brackets with about 20,000,000 points.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!