Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Don't you just hate video advertisment?

Last posted Aug 31, 2013 at 06:16PM EDT. Added Aug 02, 2013 at 03:44PM EDT
8 posts from 8 users

I was watching a video and there is an audio from a commercail that isn't from the video I'm watching. Even worst, I can't the source from that noise. Also, they played automatcially!
Gah!

Hate to be that guy, and I can't stop you from downvoting me if you disagree (or just hate my guts- can't blame anyone for that), but if everyone used adblock hundreds of websites just like KYM would crash and burn. The reason behind that is we'd be sending a clear message to all current and potential advertisers that they're wasting their fucking money. The tough but undeniable fact is that a good portion of the places we all love to go on the interwebz simply can't survive without the revenue. So, they'll have to scale back or simply disappear.
I know that only a small percentage of internet users to date employ this, and I'm not stupid enough to claim that you don't have the right to do whatever the fuck you want, but it's still something you have to consider before making this recommendation to everyone who's annoyed by ads. For now at least, they're a necessary evil.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Hate to be that guy, and I can't stop you from downvoting me if you disagree (or just hate my guts- can't blame anyone for that), but if everyone used adblock hundreds of websites just like KYM would crash and burn. The reason behind that is we'd be sending a clear message to all current and potential advertisers that they're wasting their fucking money. The tough but undeniable fact is that a good portion of the places we all love to go on the interwebz simply can't survive without the revenue. So, they'll have to scale back or simply disappear.
I know that only a small percentage of internet users to date employ this, and I'm not stupid enough to claim that you don't have the right to do whatever the fuck you want, but it's still something you have to consider before making this recommendation to everyone who's annoyed by ads. For now at least, they're a necessary evil.

No we are only sending a message to the annoying advertisers.

First we had banner ads

then banner ads with sound

then video ads

then ads before videos

then ads before and during videos

then captchas where you have to enter a key word from an ad to progress

and soon

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!