Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Lets bake some cookies

Last posted Sep 10, 2013 at 08:50AM EDT. Added Aug 18, 2013 at 11:24AM EDT
46 posts from 24 users

This seems awfully familiar…
Also, this game feels like a simulation of what it's like to run a business; When it's just you and your grandma selling cookies to the people in your neighborhood, you're clicking continuously, actually being involved in the cookie-making process. But once you buy factories and mines and whatnot, you stop doing it yourself. You just sit back in your chair and watch the dough roll in. (Pun intended.)

Last edited Aug 18, 2013 at 12:14PM EDT

Alright after about 1.25 hours, I got as far as this and I'm going to have to stop there so I can go to bed

If I can get that much in little over an hour…perhaps I can start this up again tomorrow morning and just have it go all day, might just reach a million

You can save progress and return to it later

Wish me luck

@free cake

It's basically the very core of business tycoon games. Lemonade tycoon, railroad tycoon, rollercoaster tycoon, Sim city 1, 2, 3, 4 etc etc etc…

…all those types of games stem from this basic concept: continual acquisition and growth which is achieved through expenditure and investment.

Last edited Aug 18, 2013 at 12:21PM EDT

750 in a couple of minutes, then I got a bit bored. I'll probably continue when I get back from the introduction week of college

Last edited Aug 18, 2013 at 12:19PM EDT

@BSOD
Well, right, but in most of those games, you can't do things "by hand". I'm talking specifically about the feature to harvest cookies by clicking rapidly instead of letting automation do it. Also, the key to Lemonade Tycoon is to sell empty cups for a dollar.

@Free cake

That's true too. I was just referring to what tycoon-type games basically boil down towards

@Silver

Without.

We're handling this one MGL style. With pure unadulterated clicking

Last edited Aug 18, 2013 at 12:41PM EDT

dirudiru wrote:

I added a couple of cookies via the export / import save function, and got this

Wat

THE KALEIDOSCOPE GRANDMAS
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, MY FRIEND.

EDIT: Found a glitch

Last edited Aug 18, 2013 at 01:34PM EDT

[cookie intensifies]

Man i can play this forever..

Forever..

f̢̧̨̡̠̖̯͎͖̦̈̆̌̍́̃̍̍͛̚ỏ̝̗͍̥͇̳͓̪̯̝̒͌̒͂̉̑̐̊͠r̗̱̺̰̬̝̹̝̗̬̅̓̍̎͂̇̈́̐͂͘e̡̥͙̱̟̜͖̼̻͎͂̉͆̀̓̍͂͂̈́̚v̢̫̰͎̗̺̼̼̼͚̄͊̆̾̋̈̈́̃͠͝ȩ͈͖̱̳͚͓̖̬͖͛̈́͑̏̓́̎̉̓̚r̢̲̹͎̰̺͚̣̲͍̾̃̂͌͑̀̃͑͊͘…..

f̴̡̨̡̢̡̛̛̛̛̱̺̟̱̱̬̬͕̬̩̫̦̗̺͕͖̼͇̟͔̮̗̟̝̘̮̬̪̭̣̰͖̩̖̪͎̮̳̜̟̰͓̻͕̯̯̗͈̙͕̟̰͔̜̉̓͗͋̐͌̆̇͋͐́̈́̂̔̀͐̽̊̿̋̉̈̍̅̍̊̔̿̈́̈́̎͆̽̾͋͊͐͂̈́̂͗̾̉̏͒̔̏͐̇̇̂̾̿̏̏̽̑͌̆̍͒̿̓͛̽̆̈̍̄̔͋̚͘͘͘̚̕̕̕̚͘̚̕͝͝͝͝ͅǫ̸̨̡̢̧̡̛̛̞̠̮͉͔̣͎̜̳͖͈̼̪̯͖͔̜̼̣̱̰̜̣̜̙͈̫͔̤̺͎͍̻͓̠̘͚̘̦̦͔͍̠̰̺̤̣̭̳̲̘̹̱͎̬͉̹̰̩̘͚̜̭̤̣̱̼̩̦̼̖̘̪̟̗̟̝͕̱͓̹̫́́̏̄̈́̎͆̎̀̌͌͒͌͒̽̇̐͛̔͋̇̈́̐͛̋̀̔̾̉͆̍̿̆͊̈̍̍̈́͊̊͐͛̀̀̀̊̊̐̐̽͊͐̿́̿̑͂͐̿͘͘̕͘̕̚͘̕͜͝͠͝͠ŗ̵̢̧̡̛̯̻̙͕̱̜̥̰͕̫̤̜̩̬̬̮̝͖͎̰͈̠̬̻̭͈̣͇͈͚̦̪̹͓̞̖̯̘̳͕̝͔̝͉̤̘͍̳͓̺̾̅̄͊͂̑̊̓͋̓̊̽͐̎̈́̋̃̉̄̔̃̀̒̍͐̇̈́̇̄̾̏̒̃͋̈́̄͌̀̋̈̈́̄͒͒̅̀̋̂͊̇́̅̚̕͘͘͘̕͜͝͠͝͝͠͝ͅͅͅę̶̡̨̡̛̛̛̛̙̟̖̖̦͎͖̼̘̘̯̭̦̗͚̟̬͎̜̩̬̠͕̖͎͙̜̘͈͍̙͍͕͖͉͕̘̦̝̼͇̯̹̗̙͎̻͆͆͋̍͋̀͗̆̾̍̄̀͆̃̈́̿̈͌̍̈͗͋̑̈́͋̓͂̒͗̽̓̽͑̿̇̈́͐̃̍́̆̅̾̄̀͛̀̽̓͌͑̽́̏̔̇̂͗̚̚̚̕͜͜͝͝ͅͅv̶̡̡̡̧̡̛̛̦̺͍͖͇͔͔̬̜̥͔͚͕̥͙̜̯̰̼͈̼͓͎͉̟͎̥̮̖̼̗̘̜̻̞̯̬̫͈̞͍̼͚͇̦̩̝̙́́̄́̿́̄͂̍̓̄͑̊̐̓͌̊͐̏͑̋́̽̋͌̓̊̾̈͒̐̎͊̆̑̑̽͐̔͆͌̇̈́́́͊̈́̀̈́̓͛͒̀͂̊̑̾̅͑͑̄͆̇̐̍͑̍̀͗̂̀͂̍̋̚̕̕̚̚͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝͝ȩ̶̡̧̨̧̧̧͙͉̹͎̝͙̯͚̠̖̩̤͇̬͈͚̺͙͕͙͚̺̪̲͉̯̦̳͉̥̞͕̰͎̠͉̦̝͉̰̩͇͔̥̣͕̳̥͍̈́̌̃̽̾̉̉̅̆̿̍̄͌̃̈̉̑͂̽̈́́̒͗͆͂̍͌̅͌̇̀͑͌͑̆͂͆̑̍͆͛̄̏̄̽̈͑͛̏̉͌̀̅̚͘͘̕͜͜͜͝ͅŕ̶̡̧̨̧̨̛͚̺̫̼̘͇̰̙͔̥̮͎͕̜̻̩̱̟͓͇̝̺̱͎̼̺͍͕̦̻͇̣͈̣͉̠̠̜̙̖̲̻̙̫̗͈̪͉̐̍̄̋̈́̏̓͒͋̋̾̀̀̈̈̓̉̽̈̓͐̇̄̀̾̀̌̽̉͆̒͂̎̾̄̋̆̀̐̽͗̑̏͛͊̈̋̊̍̀̒͐̏̐̀̀̾̋̈̓̀̈̏͐͑̕͘͘͘͘͜͠͝͠ͅ

Last edited Aug 18, 2013 at 05:04PM EDT

Day 2

I continue from where I left off. I've spent the last 2 hours just focusing on making new portals. I don't see the point in getting a ton of everything else. As my income grew exponentially with each portal, I believed I was set

But then…the elders appeared

These vicious demons from the rest home of the underworld express their fury at me…perhaps for pilfering their beloved cookie realm and hogging so many cookies from their grandkids

Making a new portal sated them at first, but portals are so expensive that now they appear to taunt me long before I have a chance to make a new one.

I must make a pledge by sacrificing 500 kittens to the gods of the cookie, I don't want to…but what will happen if I don't?…

…but I cannot stop now, even in the face of damnation. The cookie baking continues…

Last edited Aug 19, 2013 at 01:12AM EDT

Here is tip
Put a stop to grandma's wrath will give you more cookies from center. It increases cookie gain to cursor count per click as i understand.
So.. Investing your money to the cursor is not such a bad idea.

Last edited Aug 19, 2013 at 03:43AM EDT

Day 3

I now have dozens of portals vomiting cookies into our dimension. It also turns out that cursors and grandma's increase their production when sacrifices to the cookie gods are made so I hired an army of grandma's and ordered 120 new cursors in order to maximise this potential whenever I sate the thirst of the cookie gods.

They hunger…more and more…they demand blood…

The cookie gods grow more furious with me with each passing shipment to the Andromeda galaxy. I have run out of kittens to sacrifice and I am now sacrificing puppies.

…they stay their hand for now…but my nightmares keep coming…

Risks of being smitten aside, manufacturing and growth are showing considerable increases, as are sales. I've made my way into the Milky Way's top 100 businesses. My baking is making enough profit for me to order three new time machines allowing me to export to the past and future so sales continue to grow exponentially. I have stopped buying more portals in order to allow my capital to grow and to focus on more time machines.

Other galaxies are also showing great interest in my cookie exports. Especially her Royal Condescension. She plans to visit Earth and discuss a business merger with my cookie operations.

I hope my ambassador skills are up to par.

However, the fury of the cookie gods grow with ever increasing hate. They jiggle and flash with rage in the background. I've never seem them quake so violently. As soon as they appear I must appease them with as many blood sacrifices as I can before they force feed me cookies until I explode. I can't sleep anymore. They invade my every dreams and throw me into their baking trays of eternal punishment and fan-bake me at 140F.

But I've come so far. I'm a quarter away from a billion. I can't stop now, not even in the face of direct threats from higher powers

Also…did some of my grandma's just turn into hideous, black ghosts?

I'm losing it.

Last edited Aug 19, 2013 at 07:26AM EDT

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

wow you guys, thanks for nothing

🅱ank 🅱ill wrote:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

wow you guys, thanks for nothing

Probably an update. He mentioned that game hasn't finished yet.
Hold your horses and wait for OP to deliver

Day 4

My meeting with Her Royal Condescension was a success. We agreed to a merger with Betty Crocker Ltd.

I was sold on the Highnesses proposition to silence the rage of the elder cookie gods through mass enslavement of the human race, upon which millions will be slain in mass to keep the godly fury at bay.

I was a little unsure of the proposition at first, but then I saw that the gods had combined into their ultimate form…

…so I decided it had to be done. After all, I had rendered cats, dogs, goats, sheep and cows extinct. What other option did I have.

Stock is getting quite high now. Just passed the 1 billion marker and growing. I suppose by killing off all humans, that might have reduced our sales. So we ordered more time machines to continue marketing to medieval Europe.

That was my last decision as CEO anyway. Betty Crocker has sort of taken over the whole business…and the planet. I find myself exiled to an asteroid. But hey, at least I'm off the hook…I think. Maybe the elders will take their fury to the new business owner instead of me. Surely they will forget my many cookie sins against them and not follow me all the way…

Wait…Grandma no! NO!

STOP! I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DEFILE THE COOKIEVERSE…I DIDN'T MEAN…

NOOOOOOO!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 01:50AM EDT

"And so as we look back today, we remember our dearful moderator Blue Screen (of Death). Blue Screen was a noble moderator, dedicated to the job, knowing where to make the necessary sacrifices. The lessons he learned he took with him to his new job, the job of baker. Never could he nor we know of the dangers that lurked into it. He was a good baker, his cookies quickly spread throughout the world and even beyond that, at one point it was like my skin had turned into cookie dough for his bakery to the molecular level. But at that point the wrath of the elder baker gods awaited him, demanding cookies. Blue Screen did what he could to please them, going as far as sacrificing his brothers, but it was all futile in the end. They found him, and cursed him into eternal bakenation in the cookieverse. And so we stand here remembering Blue Screen, may his cookies never be forgotten."

[Edm starts playing in the background]

RandomMan wrote:

"And so as we look back today, we remember our dearful moderator Blue Screen (of Death). Blue Screen was a noble moderator, dedicated to the job, knowing where to make the necessary sacrifices. The lessons he learned he took with him to his new job, the job of baker. Never could he nor we know of the dangers that lurked into it. He was a good baker, his cookies quickly spread throughout the world and even beyond that, at one point it was like my skin had turned into cookie dough for his bakery to the molecular level. But at that point the wrath of the elder baker gods awaited him, demanding cookies. Blue Screen did what he could to please them, going as far as sacrificing his brothers, but it was all futile in the end. They found him, and cursed him into eternal bakenation in the cookieverse. And so we stand here remembering Blue Screen, may his cookies never be forgotten."

[Edm starts playing in the background]

R.I.P. Bluescreen
he just had the feel to bake some cookies

>Plays cookie clicker for last three days

>Has thirty portals and six time machines

>Is making nearly 200,000 cookies/second

>Stops playing

>Goes to work

>Comes back

>Opens cookie clicker

> Service Temporarily Unavailable

>Refreshes page

>Sees this

Disty wrote:

>Plays cookie clicker for last three days

>Has thirty portals and six time machines

>Is making nearly 200,000 cookies/second

>Stops playing

>Goes to work

>Comes back

>Opens cookie clicker

> Service Temporarily Unavailable

>Refreshes page

>Sees this

that's why you export and import saves.

Also I DID IT
LEGIT MOTHERFUCKERS

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 05:56PM EDT

Love the addition of the upgrades, investing in upgrades and cheaper items instead of going for the expensive items right away can really pay off.

Question: Would you something like this as subgame in a main game?
For example a Mario or even better a Wario game?
Eccept you don't have to click but to gain the coins (instead of Cookies) from the game and then pay people/objects to produce more coins you can use to pay extra lives.

Last edited Sep 10, 2013 at 08:41AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!