Forums / Just For Fun

310,335 total conversations in 8,360 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
This Goat

Last posted Apr 14, 2014 at 03:17AM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2013 at 09:20AM EDT
700 conversations with 88 participants

Asura, The Anti-Fun. wrote:

Honestly, I can’t tell if people think that saying anything bad against the goat is heresy, or the goat itself is the heresy. Even I’m confused at this point.

Oct 09, 2013 at 08:23PM EDT
Quote

ImmaHeMan: Goat Of The New World wrote:

Honestly, I can’t tell if people think that saying anything bad against the goat is heresy, or the goat itself is the heresy. Even I’m confused at this point.

Oh please everything is heresy around here.

Oct 09, 2013 at 08:33PM EDT
Quote

the goat is here.the goat is there.the goat is everywere.the goat is in our minds.the goat is in our SOUL.THE GOAT.

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Flames wrote:

the goat is here.the goat is there.the goat is everywere.the goat is in our minds.the goat is in our SOUL.THE GOAT.

Old McDonold faked his goat
EIEI

Last edited Oct 09, 2013 at 11:07PM EDT
Oct 09, 2013 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

Thank you Vazquez, Deltamelon and Imma-Heman for the most straight up answer. Honestly, the rest of you guys…


@All the heresy

Okay I see people responding to the comic with lots of heresy.

So my next question is, what are we accusing of heresy? The goat itself, the comic, or the edited SFW comic? Or maybe the whole thing is heresy and we must declare exterminatus?


PS: On a sidenote, I did not make the gif in my OP. I just randomly found it. Just in case anyone was thinking it.

Last edited Oct 09, 2013 at 10:53PM EDT
Oct 09, 2013 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Thank you Vazquez, Deltamelon and Imma-Heman for the most straight up answer. Honestly, the rest of you guys…


@All the heresy

Okay I see people responding to the comic with lots of heresy.

So my next question is, what are we accusing of heresy? The goat itself, the comic, or the edited SFW comic? Or maybe the whole thing is heresy and we must declare exterminatus?


PS: On a sidenote, I did not make the gif in my OP. I just randomly found it. Just in case anyone was thinking it.

This whole thread is Heresy my boy. The inquisition says so.

Oct 09, 2013 at 10:54PM EDT
Quote

This meme (can I call it that?) to me reminds me a bit of POMF=3 and a cat is fine too. I see them around the internet a bit, think they look neat (having very little context). Then I find out about the context in their original source material… Anyways, I fully expect to see Goat crossed with both of those at some point, so get at it guys.

Oct 09, 2013 at 11:23PM EDT
Quote

So I don’t know if this is/needs to be documented as a thing, but a recently made entry really needs some work. (or 404)
Honestly, I think it is an interesting to see something like this develop quite quickly on a single site separate from its site of origin, an experiment in seeing how memes function and mutate. Part of me would like to see this documented for that reason(even if it is forever deadpooled).

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:58AM EDT
Quote

I must not goat.
Goat is the mind-killer.
Goat is the little-death that brings bitchin’ video games.
I will face my goat.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its baaaaa.
Where the goat has gone there will be nothing……Only fap will remain.

Oct 10, 2013 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

@Jacob

I face-palmed at that entry. The Goat is nowhere near as popular as we just made it look here on KYM and none of this activity counts as a meme. I doubt it ever will.

It’s something that received a lot of fanfare here due to the actions of select KYM posters spreading it as an in-joke around the forum. But the Goat is really nothing beyond some attention grabbing manga and a funny edit that came out of /v/ that gets no fanfare anywhere else. /v/ has probably forgotten it by now

Last edited Oct 10, 2013 at 01:25AM EDT
Oct 10, 2013 at 01:24AM EDT
Quote

public class Sheep {
public static void main (String[] args) {
System.out.println(“>2013”);
System.out.println(“>Not worshiping sheep master race”);
System.out.println(“>Not java posting your posts”);
System.out.println(“ISHYGDDT”);
}
}

Oct 10, 2013 at 02:06AM EDT
Quote

Jacob wrote:

This meme (can I call it that?) to me reminds me a bit of POMF=3 and a cat is fine too. I see them around the internet a bit, think they look neat (having very little context). Then I find out about the context in their original source material… Anyways, I fully expect to see Goat crossed with both of those at some point, so get at it guys.

Derp

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:12AM EDT
Quote

I’ve found the perfect resolve for this whole problem…

(I would take the time to shop the goats head in but I’m afraid of hitting the what-the-actual-fuck-am-I-doing-with-my-life barrier)

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:16AM EDT
Quote

♫DJ Sir-Soundwave♫ SRJ's ODST wrote:

Sigh We are still doing this? Haven’t you heritics had enough already!?!

Oct 13, 2013 at 07:59PM EDT
Quote

Who am I? wrote:

Well, that sure is something. And since we are talking about the goat.

I’m totally satisfied if it stays just as a inside joke of kym to be honest.

Oct 13, 2013 at 08:12PM EDT
Quote

Deustodo :Goat's Incarnation wrote:

Well, that sure is something. And since we are talking about the goat.

I’m totally satisfied if it stays just as a inside joke of kym to be honest.

I think it’s best it does so…

Oct 13, 2013 at 08:18PM EDT
Quote

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

what’s wrong with us guys

There is nothing wrong.

Join us Mack.

Become one with our lord Goat-Sama.

Oct 13, 2013 at 08:48PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

slaanesh wills it

Oh lawd,

Well, I keep a little rule of my own to post at most two goat post in one day. Just to avoid spamming the image board with the way of the goat. Funny that I have an entire folder just with edits of the goat.

Oct 13, 2013 at 08:54PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

original is a doujin about a goat sex slave then this happened on /v/


.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oct 13, 2013 at 09:00PM EDT
Quote

Who am I? wrote:

If we keep going like this, KYM might start leaking…

That would be something. Although I don’t see how it would leak to other forums/sites.

Oct 14, 2013 at 09:02AM EDT
Quote

Who am I? wrote:

If we keep going like this, KYM might start leaking…

Do we even have a protocol for memes that start on KYM? Usually we act like the internet is a river that we just dip a net in once in a while to pull stuff out of – that is, we act like we take from it without being part of it. If this got big outside the site and I went to make a page for it, would I cite this thread? Would I have to explain bits of the site’s culture to give context to some of the images that refer to in-jokes? It would all feel like I was walking on the edge of a knife.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:41AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Do we even have a protocol for memes that start on KYM? Usually we act like the internet is a river that we just dip a net in once in a while to pull stuff out of – that is, we act like we take from it without being part of it. If this got big outside the site and I went to make a page for it, would I cite this thread? Would I have to explain bits of the site’s culture to give context to some of the images that refer to in-jokes? It would all feel like I was walking on the edge of a knife.

Very true, and it is also true it did not start here, since it’s been on /v/. BUt this site would possibly be the point of ignition that brought it to a more widespread audience. But it would be a very interesting paradox none-the-less.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:01PM EDT
Quote

am i the only one who thought that it’s a lamb?

Oct 14, 2013 at 02:04PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Do we even have a protocol for memes that start on KYM? Usually we act like the internet is a river that we just dip a net in once in a while to pull stuff out of – that is, we act like we take from it without being part of it. If this got big outside the site and I went to make a page for it, would I cite this thread? Would I have to explain bits of the site’s culture to give context to some of the images that refer to in-jokes? It would all feel like I was walking on the edge of a knife.

there is a contingency plan in place

Oct 14, 2013 at 05:12PM EDT
Quote

♫DJ Sir-Soundwave♫ SRJ's ODST wrote:

Is this it? Have we won the battle against the heresy of this thread?
Thank the Emperor.


I don’t think there is a battle going on.

Oct 15, 2013 at 09:00PM EDT
Quote

I honestly think this is the longest KYM has ever managed to stay on topic that wasn’t a ship thread, and not just be a shitpost thread. Although, this might be considered “ironic” shitpost, which we all know the true nature of.

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 09:06PM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 09:06PM EDT
Quote

@Who am I

Nah, there’s been longer ones. For instance the Syria Conflict thread stayed on topic without a single derail for several consecutive pages.

Also I made this thread with no intention to shitpost. I asked a legit question.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:10PM EDT
Quote

So this goat walks into a bar.
He says “hey, any of you like to play video games?”
In a dark corner at the back, a husky moustachioed man arises from his barstool slowly.
He saunters to the goat and
(carefully, but confident)
unzips his leather jacket, letting fall a long, heavy appendage.
The goat, still smiling, trots jauntily to the device, and sniffs it.
It bears the wear of age and heavy use, but you can see the pride it brings out in the owner’s eyes.
“Wow mister,” says the goat, “what kind of person walks around with a giant hammer?”
A light flashes in the old man’s eyes.
The jacket drops, revealing heavy overalls – the garments of a warrior.
A smile curves across the old man’s lips, as he intones:
“It’s-a me, Mario!”

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT
Quote

♫DJ Sir-Soundwave♫ SRJ's ODST wrote:

Impossible, there is only War.

And war, war never changes…

Last edited Oct 16, 2013 at 12:03AM EDT
Oct 16, 2013 at 12:02AM EDT
Quote

Well, looking at the bright side, with the rise of the goat we started to post the other inside jokes of kym as well, I guess that’s a plus.

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:42AM EDT
Quote

Deustodo :Goat's Incarnation wrote:

Well, looking at the bright side, with the rise of the goat we started to post the other inside jokes of kym as well, I guess that’s a plus.

Maybe 2 wasn’t enough, maybe 3 makes it Critical Mass?

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:53AM EDT
Quote

Jacob wrote:

And war, war never changes…

Oct 16, 2013 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

Hi! You must login or signup first!