Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

nice guys (TM) A.K.A friendzone general

Last posted Oct 16, 2013 at 01:47PM EDT. Added Oct 16, 2013 at 04:21AM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

everthing that has to do with these guys:

god how much they disgust me, considering women as sexual objects and act like whiny bitches when they suddenly discover it's not the turth.
im really glad i don't know anyone of these pathetic cretures in real life…

9gag watermark for the added cringe value, i can now see what makes people hate this site so much…

I was friendzone once by a girl.
God, how DARE she only consider us friends? I did everything for her. I thought we had something special But no, I get friendzoned.

Wanted to be best friends.

It's not always like that, Sometimes they want to take the relationship to the next level because they have strong feelings for the person. It's not always just to get into their pants.
I do hate the whole "girls hate nice guys" crap though. Putting girls on a pedestal and white knighting them is a pathetic way to try to get a girlfriend.

Last edited Oct 16, 2013 at 10:05AM EDT

Dac wrote:

It's not always like that, Sometimes they want to take the relationship to the next level because they have strong feelings for the person. It's not always just to get into their pants.
I do hate the whole "girls hate nice guys" crap though. Putting girls on a pedestal and white knighting them is a pathetic way to try to get a girlfriend.

At that point all they like in you is your blind dedication to you. After that wears off, you're done for really. Nice guys get no where cause they see through your games, at least with awful guys you know exactly what you are getting into. I've never been in the friend zone, but that's cause I've never been assertive enough to even attempt asking someone out, so if I was there it didn't even matter I was there, I was my biggest enemy. This still remains the truth, even though I've been dating the same girl going on 3 years now. I never asked her out, we kinda just happened and we were best friends at the time and still are. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

By the way, this is a girl that told me quote, "I'm sorry 'Who am I?', but I couldn't have sex with you even if you were the last guy on earth and it was just to repopulate. I just couldn't. You're a nice guy and all, but I just couldn't do it." She never said why she couldn't, just that she couldn't. She's agreed she's eaten her words now. But she remembers it that she said date me, but I wouldn't remember it if it was date, cause I wouldn't have cared in the slightest.

Dac wrote:

The last paragraph of this is the best thing I've read all day. Well said, dac.

I think a lot of guys who get "friendzoned" as it were have an unrealistically high opinion on the object of their affections. seriously, it's just a girl. I am not exempt from thinking of some girls as exceptionally awesome, but at the end of the day, they're still human. sorry nice guys, she's not a goddess. And here's another thing: she doesn't owe you anything because the two of you are friends. And another thing: she doesn't think of you in the same way you do of her, and you shouldn't ever assume she does, because you're going to get your heart broken because she thought of you as a friend- a pretty good compliment if you have a good friend in her. Friendship is a mutually beneficial relationship between two peers, not a vehicle to fulfill your own desires.

That being said, I do use the term "friendzone" because it's a pretty handy term to get my point across sometimes. it's a relatable term. But it's another way of saying you've been rejected, and we as guys have to be okay with that.

Now that being said, girls can be manipulative to their friends who are guys. and that's not fair either, and that's not a friendship. that's one person using another for their own gain without considering the other's own feelings. but if we recognize this and continue in that friendship and gripe about nice guys finishing last, it's our own fault.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!