Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

How fast is your internet, KYM?

Last posted Mar 17, 2014 at 05:03PM EDT. Added Oct 27, 2013 at 05:21AM EDT
90 posts from 61 users

No I mean like, is that Fibre Optic or a T1 line? I can see that he's in Eastern Europe, it's right there in the image.

Also if that's how fast Lithuania is, just how insanely fast is Romania and South Korea*?

*LOL North Korea!

Last edited Oct 27, 2013 at 10:49AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

No I mean like, is that Fibre Optic or a T1 line? I can see that he's in Eastern Europe, it's right there in the image.

Also if that's how fast Lithuania is, just how insanely fast is Romania and South Korea*?

*LOL North Korea!

Latvian Internet averages at speeds of 37.5 MB/s.
Romanian, 35 MB/s.
South Korea, 44.8 MB/s.
However, I don't know what type of infrastructure each country uses, the sources never specified that.

I feel like I am living in a 3rd world nation when my internet speed is compared to South Korea.

Last edited Oct 27, 2013 at 11:12AM EDT

It's n-n-not like I want fast i-internet or a-a-anything, b-baka~

Wondering why they chose to connect me to Rotterdam though. Like Mike's Arnhem is much closer to me. Rotterdam is even on the other end of the country.

Last edited Oct 27, 2013 at 11:39AM EDT

I've probably mentioned that I have a bad internet connection before.

It's a mobile 3G modem, so it's kinda understandable though. The worst part about it, is the fact that sometimes it just dies completely if it idles even for a minute.

But believe it or not, I can actually play LoL with a ping of 95-135 with this abomination.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

*LOL North Korea!

Yes, it's Fibre Optic, though it's not the fastest Internet plan. It's adequate though, because it's relatively fast and cheap.

Last edited Oct 27, 2013 at 12:19PM EDT

None of you are real internet plebs. I knew a guy who got this internet through a satellite provider, he lived in the real boonies up until fairly recently when he moved to New Jersey. His download rate was a solid 3.5 mb/s, but his upload was…uh…I don't remember, but it was in the low 100s kb/s range, on a good day. Did I mention I knew this guy through PSN, and that when you played with him in a server the entire server would time-shift? We still all joke about his epics, he's a fucking legend. The biggest issue for him thought, was packet loss. Packet retention is pretty damn important, speedtest also has a test for that and I recommend it highly.

Here's my speed, this is over wifi that I don't get amazing reception on.

Last edited Oct 27, 2013 at 12:27PM EDT

My LTE on my phone is like 10x faster than this shit. I wish I was back at OU where I had superbandwith at night when no one was on. Also at home my wifi is literally about 128 kB/s and my phone data 3G speed often ranges from 421kB/s to 5kB/s I shit you not. I live in a pretty big city too when I'm not in school. The coverage/data speeds there just absolutely suck w/ att.

Last edited Oct 28, 2013 at 04:36PM EDT

Here's mine (as a request from Blue Screen)

I blanked out the server so Blue couldn't track me down, kill me and take New Zealand for himself.
YOU HEAR THAT BLUE! I'M ONTO YOU!

Sorry people with OCD…

Last edited Oct 29, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT

So I was at my grandparents today, and I went to check facebook, and noticed the modem said 14.4k Modem on the side.

After ages waiting, I give you the most depressing result.

Last edited Oct 29, 2013 at 02:54AM EDT

@Stunhead

BLAST IT! You saw straight through my cunning plan to reveal your location. Stop being smart!

One day I'll find you. And when I do…I'll do absolutely nothing because you're probably in Auckland and I don't have the money to drive all the way there. Though it would be nice to say hi

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!