Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Dear 90's Kids

Last posted Nov 11, 2013 at 06:36AM EST. Added Nov 05, 2013 at 09:28AM EST
21 posts from 15 users

My fellow 90's brothers, I here to tell you one thing that has been bothering me for some time now…

I'm sure you all know of the 90's kids that claim, "The 90's were better," in some way; I want to tell them… No, it wasn't…
Don't be harsh to them either, I think I know why; During the 90's you we were kids, we didn't have much to worry about, we had all the time in the world, we could do stupid things, "We're just kids," was our excuse…

TL;DR We were kids, being a kid is awesome

Sure, we get a lot of bull in our video games and TV shows now, I always thought that was because more people today have more opportunities to make shows and video games… and I'm here to take that opportunity…

I don't wanna hear it no more though, think the 90's were better? See these two!

ConnerABacon wrote:

He doesn't even remember the 90s or what he ate for dinner last night…

That's not what I meant… never mind…

Ps… Feel like warning you, there is a karma bomber tailing me…
I think there are two of them, they got me and Magic Girl… you're next…

Posikrama for everyone!

Now on topic, 90s kids never claimed to be better than anyone else, just the shit on tv and vidya were better. And in a way, they were better back in the day, but it's all based on preference. TV has been almost equally shitty throughout its history. Only a few shows were actually good and consistently so. The 90s did have a pretty good amount of high quality cartoons, and tv companies went to really commercialize them, and it's dropped in quality overall besides the actual animation.

The 90s were shit, today it's shit, everything before the 90s was shit. There are a few gems in the shit, but it's like finding gems in the ground; you have to move a bunch to get the good stuff.

AutisticWeeb wrote:

Posikrama for everyone!

Now on topic, 90s kids never claimed to be better than anyone else, just the shit on tv and vidya were better. And in a way, they were better back in the day, but it's all based on preference. TV has been almost equally shitty throughout its history. Only a few shows were actually good and consistently so. The 90s did have a pretty good amount of high quality cartoons, and tv companies went to really commercialize them, and it's dropped in quality overall besides the actual animation.

The 90s were shit, today it's shit, everything before the 90s was shit. There are a few gems in the shit, but it's like finding gems in the ground; you have to move a bunch to get the good stuff.

Them krama bombers beg to differ…

John Mirra wrote:

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

Indeed. For my predecessor, those were rough, harsh brawling days, with dark skies and depressing landscapes.
Or he said he had a good time with his team, I wasn't paying too much attention.

Ugh, the 90's kids.

I mean, I was born in '81, but I was a teenager throughout most of the 90's.

Half of what the "true 90's kids" say wasn't even typical of someone who lived in the 90's…

Spirit Coyote wrote:

Ugh, the 90's kids.

I mean, I was born in '81, but I was a teenager throughout most of the 90's.

Half of what the "true 90's kids" say wasn't even typical of someone who lived in the 90's…

Just wish more people accepted the fact that things change, you can't escape it.
I don't linger in the past, shit happens, I don't cry about it, I get over it…

Do we even have an entry for 90s Kids other than a deadpooled one that's on here somewhere?

I'm a 90s kid, but I find myself enjoying some of the more recent shows better than some of the 90s shows. I actually did use to avoid post-2001 like the plague, but that's changed.

Lugia41 wrote:

Do we even have an entry for 90s Kids other than a deadpooled one that's on here somewhere?

I'm a 90s kid, but I find myself enjoying some of the more recent shows better than some of the 90s shows. I actually did use to avoid post-2001 like the plague, but that's changed.

Hypothetically, if someone wanted to work on it… a certain ham, maybe?
What would be the minimal requirements to write an article?

Jeff dumbham wrote:

Hypothetically, if someone wanted to work on it… a certain ham, maybe?
What would be the minimal requirements to write an article?

Ask a mod. I've never worked on an article before, unfortunately. But by all means go for it.

Our 90's cartoons were better than today's cartoons. Action movies in the 80's and 90's were better than today's action movies. Our Sitcoms were….better than today's (which isn't saying much, but then again the 2000's didn't have Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) Nintendo was better in the 90's than it is now.

That's all I can honestly say was better about the 90's. I guess our music was better than today's, but that's not saying much as Music from the 1850's were better than music today. All I can say is anyone (Be it a 70's, 80's, 90's or in a few more years 2000's kids) will say their decade was the best, the thing is there are more 90's kids posting on the internet so obviously it's going to seem that the 90's were better.

Sincerely, a 90's kid.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!