Last posted Dec 01, 2013 at 10:29PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2013 at 10:34PM EST
17 posts from 8 users

5. make your own new meme on FB
4. YLYL threads are best sauce for new memes
3. wait months after something is popular and submit new meme
2. Don
1. check 9gag for trends and submit all pics from 9gag frontpage

DerpyVaz 10:35
https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/just-for-fun/topics/24399-itt-ways-kym-kills-memes
there ya go Philip
have at it

I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Last edited Nov 14, 2013 at 10:39PM EST

Step 1. Find a random image of somebody
Step 2. Add a caption on top that implies its some stereotype that would say the caption
Step 3. Add a caption on bottom that acts as a hypocritical contradiction of the top caption
Step 4. Submit to /r/AdviceAnimals
Step 5. Wait for Don to notice
Step 6. OMGZZ FORCVEDDZ MAYMAY. DEDPULL +111!!!!11!1!!! KYM IZ CANZORZ OF TEH ENTIRENET. [reaction image]

Last edited Nov 15, 2013 at 12:11AM EST

It's usually because he's on the forefront of reporting the activity that comes from reddit. So naturally he ends up reporting a lot of the advice animals they make.

It's not that Don makes a ton of advice animal articles. He simply makes a ton of articles, and the laws of probability would ensure that many advice animals end up included in the pie chart of his submissions

The noobs around here, with their tunnel vision and short attention spans focus on the fact that he has written a lot of advice animal related articles and then go around whining "ZOMG ANOTHER DON ARTICLE. STAHP MAKING ADVICE ANIMURS DON HURRR" while completely ignoring the fact that he's one of the biggest contributors

Actually, we ourselfs do not kill memes. The Internet going Mainstream does.

More people, faster spread, shorter meme lifespan. KYM stopped killing memes the instant they started dying off even before we could get articles written up.

Beatrice Santello wrote:

everything on the internet is cancer now. I really miss old /b/ and the rage comics that are not shit.

I miss the internet (from my memory, i'm talking about 1995 – 2007). There were no memes, not much social media sites, anything popular was in an e-mail, you didn't have to worry about some neckbeard "doxxing" you from their basement, when the world didn't care about the death of a cartoon dog, etc…

Spirit Coyote wrote:

I miss the internet (from my memory, i'm talking about 1995 – 2007). There were no memes, not much social media sites, anything popular was in an e-mail, you didn't have to worry about some neckbeard "doxxing" you from their basement, when the world didn't care about the death of a cartoon dog, etc…

>mfw I was born on 1995
>mfw too lazy to post pics

Anyway, I started surfing the 'net on 2004. I only surf there to browse images and occasionaly watch ytmnd stuff and shit.

Well, Reddit is partially to blame with it terrible voting system. Since people tend to upvote things that only take a glance to understand, leaving little room for things like stories and even comics. It's not entirely unknown by the owners of Reddit too, which makes me wonder why they keep such a terrible system. They've even claimed to want to improve it, but nothing ever happens. I'm not gonna explain the entire issue, yet I will link to a thread on Reddit that explains it fairly better and less redundant than I would have done so.

Link to the theory that is essentially killing the internet culture, and is really easy to exploit by nearly anyone with basic computer skills.

This has been an issue on Reddit for some time.

Last edited Dec 01, 2013 at 08:12PM EST

Beatrice Santello wrote:

>mfw I was born on 1995
>mfw too lazy to post pics

Anyway, I started surfing the 'net on 2004. I only surf there to browse images and occasionaly watch ytmnd stuff and shit.

I was born 1981 and got internet in like 1989 but it was free and counted as the phone bill until like 1996

The internet has changed so much. All these 'memes' and 'viral things' nowadays are stupid to me. Am I so out of touch?
No, it's the children who are wrong….

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!