Forums / Just For Fun

310,130 total conversations in 8,355 threads

+ New Thread

The Angel Game (Supernatural Horror RPG)

Last posted Apr 18, 2014 at 06:08PM EDT. Added Nov 28, 2013 at 12:20AM EST
648 conversations with 17 participants

Jamie calmed down, still contemplating what the heck just happened. "Crow..You’re basically the only one who knows about this “Queen”--whatever that thing is, Is it possible to give us some info or something?" After all of this, she wanted answers.

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:05PM EST

I stop walking when Jamie told me to tell everyone info about the Queen.Well mate the time has finally come but do I really want to do this.I turn to face everyone and already I can see they want to know.Yep I really don’t have a choice here.I let out a big sigh as I begin to explain.

“The first thing to know about the Queen in Black is “she” is not a sentient being, but a cosmic force with a mind of it’s own and what we’re currently seeing is a avatar that it uses to interact in our reality. The “Queen’s” M.O. has always been to change and distort not only humanity but our reality." I than sat down because i knew that this was going to be a long explanation. “You see, our minds and senses are how we perceive our own reality, if you drastically change around with either of them then reality changes with them allowing you to see into other parts of reality, parts which most aren’t and shouldn’t be seen.” "Usually “she’ll” go after paintings, music, books, tv shows, games whatever mankind uses to entertain or stimulate our minds and twist it until what was once our pleasure now is turned to utter horror."

“And then you have these occasions where “she” decides to become a director and takes any place around the world to use as a stage for “her” play. Naturally whatever objects that were there are props and any lively thing in the “stage” are now “actors”. As for the monsters and spirits they can be the real ones that she is controlling or replicas because the originals where too much trouble to deal with, a few of them were once humans that “she” turned into monsters cause really I have no idea why." I then turn away from everyone “And yes I do have some history with her but I’m not comfortable talking about that right now.”

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:32PM EST

OOC: With that revelation, how about a Fun Fact about our “favorite” eldritch antagonist; the Queen in Black! Crow mentioned earlier that this game is based on a recurring dream and originally it was intended to stick close to the dreams but much like How to Train Your Dragon, Crow deviated from the plan. The biggest change is the addition of all these eldritch monsters but there’s one abomination that’s always been part of the plan: the Queen in Black herself! However, she is what TVTropes would call a Breakout Character since “she” only appeared once in his dreams but, as you can see, she has a much bigger role in the forum version of the “Angel Game”.

Last edited Dec 11, 2013 at 11:42PM EST
Dec 11, 2013 at 11:39PM EST

“So in short, a gathering of otherworldly demons huh? This room just a hang… out… spot…?”

she looks around, noticing the room is warping and the group of phantoms are ditching her.

“Wait a minute!! So now this is just a two way battle with me an whoever else caught in between!? ARG.”

considering the room is warping at the degree I think it’s warping, instead of darkness it looks like this to her:

And quickly she can’t see a thing besides the portions of the exit door behind the Outsiders. Her escape is going to rely a good amount on Dick…

Blind Escape Attempt #1: Slip past the two bastards.

(Heads, Heads, Tails)

Kasumi aims correctly and pushes though, but she is slow to get back up, and if Dick doesn’t help her she is in grabbing range of the Outsiders.

Dec 12, 2013 at 07:27AM EST

Jamie was pretty intrigued with this explanation, but that didn’t erase the fact the group had to get out of this mess--and it didn’t make the strings in the library any less scarier, either. “That explains a lot..” She said, recalling what happened in her room.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:00AM EST

OOC: @Kebab: He’s blind along with being deaf and having no ability to smell, taste, or even feel anything he touches, in short he’s experiencing what is the closest thing to oblivion. However Tenebraes can’t touch the sixth sense so if you do have it then you’ll have to heavily rely on it until either the effect wears off or the Tenebraes themselves give back your sense. Also you can still talk just expect a lot people hearing of gibberish out of your mouth.

Dec 12, 2013 at 05:36PM EST

@Dick: You continue walking even though it’s difficult due to having no sensory input. Just then a pair of shadowy arms come out from the right wall and grab you, pulling you towards them. If you still had your sense of touch you would realize that you didn’t hit the wall and that your still moving, in fact you’re no longer in the forgotten room anymore. Wherever you are you’re lucky that you can’t see cause even if you could you still would have seen nothing. The arms let you go and then you fall. As you fall you notice that your sense of hearing and smell are returning, you also realize that your sense of touch is back when you finally land painfully on the floor of the forgotten room, back in reality in between Kasumi and the Outsiders.

Dec 13, 2013 at 03:41AM EST

Booker looked into the camera and said his first name. “I don’t see why on Earth we’re trying to document this crap, but if it keeps Red calm, so be it.”

Booker then looked back at Crow. “So, do we have any leads on this thing? Like, what we can do to not get screwed over by it?”

Dec 13, 2013 at 08:15PM EST

Sir Crona Gorgon, Sr. VII wrote:

Red checks his phone.
Huh.. I get cell reception in here, but I suppose calling the cops won’t do much. So, uh, now that we have a brief moment to catch out breath, can I get your guys’ names? Into the camera, please.

Dio doesn’t even hesitate before giving out another false name, due to the fact that he would rather not have his real name revealed.
Dio: Jonathan.

Dec 13, 2013 at 08:24PM EST

I looked at Red’s camera “You’ve been filming all this time? You do realize that if we survive through this that video isn’t going to see the light of day right?” I looked back to Booker "For now we stick with our original plan. we get what we need on both room 333 and room 217, then we get some possible answers in the attic and then we try finding “salvation” in the lost halls that the note said there is. But first we have to get down to the lobby and fast. You guys saw the video right, we have to go down there and rescue those two before they get drained by that undead blood junkie." I then ran towards the stairs to reach the lobby.

Dec 13, 2013 at 09:19PM EST

Kintobor feels completely helpless as he is drained of his own blood. The Doctor feels a sense of despair, and for the first time in his life, Kintobor is afraid that he is going to die.

It is this realization that these are perhaps his final hours which shakes Kintobor from his state of immobility. Now, the Doctor’s fear is displaced by his will to survive. Even stronger now is Kintobor’s anger. Anger with the hotel, with the situation, with every single thing that’s happened to him since he’s arrived at Summer Winds.

Unhand me this instant, or I swear…!

Dr. Kintobor rears back and punches the creature in its… face… with a great amount of force.

I’LL TEAR YOU APART!!!

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 09:43PM EST
Dec 13, 2013 at 09:41PM EST

@Kintobor: As you punched the creature you hear a sickening crack as it’s already broken mouth fully dislocates itself, letting it’s jaws hang loosely. You continue to deliver a barrage of punches at your attacker, the Blood Corpse lifts you off the ground and smashes you to the wall, raising you even higher as a bit more of it’s talons dig even deeper into you. (OOC:Filp a coin now and hope that Ben can save you if you fail).

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 10:04PM EST
Dec 13, 2013 at 09:54PM EST

Dick flips da bird in da air.
ghost niggas need to stop biatchin around.
Then helps Kasumi up.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:03PM EST

@Dick: As you get up from the floor the two Outsiders that were at the door then appear behind you, this time they appear more solid, more tangible, more real. The two Outsiders touch your head and then deliver an electrical shock throughout your body. It lasts for about twenty seconds but for you it lasts twenty hours until they stop and let you go, as you fall down to the floor again, trying your best to stay conscious you can feel your sense of taste returning as you taste copper in your mouth and your sight, while blurry is slowly coming back too.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:14PM EST

OOC: I swear either I suck at coin flips or the one I’m using loves all of yea.

@Kintobor: As you were raised high to the wall you kick the undead blood junkie in the neck, causing it to falter in both draining and holding you. You continue to struggle free until the now possessed Ben tackles the creature from the side, letting it lose it’s grasp on you. As you fall to the floor you notice that your blood is oozing much more than it should, you know that if you don’t find a way to stop the bleeding soon then you will die by massive blood loss.

OOC: You have about four posts to find a way to stop the bleeding before you die. Do you think you can do that? If you find other users then try asking for their help.

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 10:35PM EST
Dec 13, 2013 at 10:32PM EST

OOC: Okay here’s a break down of the most alien and neutral group of cosmic horrors .

Outsider: These enigmatic creatures are probably the least malign of all the other horrors here in Summer Winds. In short they’re drawn to extreme emotions like fear, panic, rage, and sorrow. Their reason for that is because they’re studying humanity, in particular how our minds deal with confronting things that we believe should not exist. These creatures do nothing to increase or diminish the anxiety. They usually just stand there and watch, they only interact with their victims if they feel that something is interfering with their experiment. Outsiders can shift to a partial form or solid at will, they also possess the ability to release an electrical discharge, heighten emotions if they want to, and possess psychic abilities. Again while they won’t harm you directly you could still die because of their interference.

OOC: Before I forget Crona, Red is following me cause he doesn’t want to miss anything for his camera.

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 11:41PM EST
Dec 13, 2013 at 11:27PM EST

(OOC)Fun Fact: While the Angel Games were still in the planning stages even the little details were given the same level of attention as the grand picture. Of course, I ended up being the first person to hear these details and even helped shaped the game a bit (but only in the minor details due to my lack of knowledge in eldritch lore). One of these details was the name of the hotel itself which was very close to just being called Summer Wind. Then there was when the game would take place. It was always intended to take place during the solstice and while the summer solstice was suggested we decided on the winter solstice due to winter being a better setting for a supernatural horror game.

Oh, and let’s see if Crow is checking my posts! Big Bro, should I mention “that” scrapped idea? >:)

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:42PM EST

OOC: @LittleBlue: No, or should I say not yet. Not until a certain character dies first.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:47PM EST

Sir Crona Gorgon, Sr. VII wrote:

OOC: Assume Red is always following Crow unless I say he isn’t or Crow tells him to wait/ not follow him.

OOC: Because I’m not going to be able to post as frequently for a couple of days, assume the same for Meredith.

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:53AM EST

I rush down the stairs to reach the lobby, as I do I can hear the sounds of what sounds like people, animals, and other things screaming and moaning. I kicked open the door and entered the lobby, when I did I saw the black “bodies” trying to take shape, some desperately failing at it while others are half done. I then see Kintobor leaning against the wall holding back his blood as it oozes through his fingers, I then turn my sight to the now possessed Ben fighting the Blood Corpse, I can see that his eyes are pitch black as he make animalistic grunts.Bloody hell, as if the freakin undead blood junkie wasn’t bad enough we’ve also have to deal with a possessed kid to boot.

I then hear everyone else come in. “Right Dio do you think you can help our possessed friend over there in dealing with that freakin zombie.” I then look to Red “Red your our medic try helping out humpty dumpty over there before he bleeds over Jamie, Meredith, you two help him out.” I then turn to Booker and Jack “You two are going to help me out on getting rid of that thing.”

Dec 14, 2013 at 02:26AM EST

“Red, You brought your medkit or something, right?!” Jamie said, rushing over to Kintobor.

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:52AM EST

She turns to Jamie for a second
“Well, if he didn’t, we’ll just have to improvise, right?”
She is also running towards the fat man currently lying on the cold hard ground. She doesn’t know a whole lot on treating wounds, but she’ll try her best to help.

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:56PM EST

“Right!” Jamie tried to find anything to help with the bleeding--paper, cloth--anything, really. She noticed some papers on the lobby desk.. “Well, it’s better than nothing..” She quickly grabbed the paper, stopping next to Kintobor, then pressing it on the wound. They didn’t have much time, anyway..

Last edited Dec 14, 2013 at 03:16PM EST
Dec 14, 2013 at 03:14PM EST

Booker looked at what Crow was talking about. He tried faking a smirk before speaking. “Oh. Great.” He pulled out his switchblade, not quite sure how much good it would do against a creature that he’d never seen before.

“Any ideas, Crow? Is there a master plan on taking this thing down, or do we just hit it with brute force?” If it was the latter, well… This was going to be painful. He was ready to strike the thing at a moment’s notice, trying to see if there were any vital points to strike that would bring the beast down faster. The dislocated jaw came to mind.

Last edited Dec 14, 2013 at 04:03PM EST
Dec 14, 2013 at 03:59PM EST

OOC:
I’ve been busy over the last week or so and have been unable to keep track of this thread, I’m completely lost and haven’t posted in ages so I think it would be unfair for me to continue (seeing as I have pretty much been on pause and thus avoiding death scenarios)

I’ve decided I’m going to have my character killed off instead of trying to get back on track so have him fail his last coin flip and get mashed in some horrific happening.

Sorry about that, hopefully next time when we do something like this I’ll be able to put more time into keeping track

Dec 14, 2013 at 05:51PM EST

OOC: Sorry to hear about that Novák. Let’s hope that next time would be better.

@Ben: Using your body as a weapon the being inside you fights the Blood Corpse. As the fighting continues you see from the corner of your eye Dio joining in, distracting you. This distraction however is what the undead creature needs to grab you and before you can even struggle it jams it’s talons straight into your chest, breaking your rib-cage and piercing your lungs, heart, and major arteries. As the Blood Corpse’s talons goes through your back, breaking your spinal cord, black blood spills across the floor. The creature smells the blood and turns it’s head away in disgust as it lets your now dying body off it’s talons and turns to Dio.

Ten wayward souls remain in Summer Winds

Last edited Dec 15, 2013 at 12:22AM EST
Dec 15, 2013 at 12:20AM EST

I see the Blood Corpse finally turn it’s attention to Dio after killing Ben, but what disturbs me about the scene is the black blood the victim let out.Why do I have the feeling that whatever was possessing him wasn’t just a run of the mill demon.I look back to Jack and gave him a black pouch. “Listen, in this bag there’s a dust that can keep undead creatures away from us. What I need you to do is to make a a circle from this stuff but don’t finish it.” I then pull out a ceramic flask “I then pour what’s inside this flask into the circle, once the Blood Corpse is inside then quickly fill in the missing space and it will be trapped.” I then turn to Booker “Okay this next part here is tricky but I want you, as fast as you can, to stab at least three of the veins that are clearly visible. If that works with no complication then all we have to do is just wait for it to die of blood loss.”

Dec 15, 2013 at 01:42AM EST

OOC: I had a LOT of homework today, sorreh
BIC:
Red brings his fat first aid kid over to the downed Kingtobor.
Leave it to me, sis. I once delivered a baby in a station wagon, I think I can handle this.
Red gets to tending his injuries.

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:12AM EST

OOC: Okay Crona flip a coin to determine if this work. If you succeed then Kintobor will be better, granted he’ll still suffer a lot of pain and will be a bit dizzy thanks to the loss of blood but at least the bleeding will stop. Fail and you have to cover up the wounds again in four turns. Also Eggman you have to flip a coin too, we have to make things interesting here so let’s see if your coin flip will either help or hinder him. Good luck you two.

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:32AM EST

OOC: @Crona: You got heads so you passed but I want see Eggman’s results to see how this will go down.

Dec 15, 2013 at 03:03AM EST

@Kasumi: After seeing Dick get his shock therapy you go next to him to see if he’s alive. You find that Dick is still conscious but is close to passing out, you try to pick him up but you as touch you pull back as your finger get shocked. You take a glance at the door and see that the Outsiders have revert back their partial blurred state again but you feel that something is amiss with them. You look at the door again and much to your horror three more have appear. Your terrified now, on one hand you want run as fast as you can away from them, but on the other you can’t just leave Dick alone with them, especially with the stunt they just did to him.

OOC: Let’s flip a coin to see how this outcome will end.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:21AM EST

“Welp.” Booker put on the most uncertain brave face that had ever been mustered and he sprinted towards the monster’s backside. He then took five slashes at the vulnerable-looking areas of the creature by using the switchblade knife and jumped back, praying that it was a big enough jump to avoid any counter that the beast could deploy. “I swear, if I ever get out of this place, I’m going to give the people that run the show here a piece of my mind.

[OOC: Tails, Heads, Heads, Tails, Tails. Best three out of five, I suppose. Heads for the “dodge” action.

Also, yay, I get to flip coins!]

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:44PM EST

OOC:

Sorry for not making any posts recently. The stuff going down in the tournament of champions thread preoccupied me more than it really should have.

I will make a post by at least tomorrow.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:54PM EST

OOC: I had problems with these coin flips due to my coin flying all over the place but the end results were one tails and four heads. So another words three

@Booker: You cut one of the of the veins on the creatures back and blood gushes out. The creature let’s out a horrible yell in pain and turns around, trying to slash you with it’s talons but you dodge in time and mange to slash another vein on the wrist of the arm that almost got you. Feeling confident you try stabbing it on the throat and despite the odds you succeed. But just then the creature grabs you and fling you to the floor. Before you can even get up you feel it sink on of it’s talons into your left shoulder, breaking it, has it sinks the other on it’s left hand into your arm. You can feel the thumb brushing across your neck and see it raising it’s right arm for the next plunge.

(OOC: Flip a coin now to survive this and pray that someone else can save you if they can, and if you want to save Booker then you’ll have to flip to see if you’ll be successful on your rescue attempt.)

Last edited Dec 16, 2013 at 06:37AM EST
Dec 16, 2013 at 06:35AM EST

“Son of a bitch!” Booker roared in pain as the monster clawed him. When the creature raised its arm, Booker attempted to move his body away from the trajectory of the coming blow, tucked his legs in, and kicked the monster in the abdomen. He had expected the worst, but he wasn’t going to die right now.

[OOC: Tails. I’m kind of holding out for a little help right now.]

Dec 16, 2013 at 06:13PM EST

OOC: Let’s see I have tails and so do you meaning this action should save you.

Maybe expecting the writer to have hidden ninja skills with a knife was a horrible idea and just maybe I should have done the suicidal part of the plan.I turn away from the sight of Booker almost becoming the next fix for the Blood Corpse as I see how Jack is doing with the circle. Just like I instructed he left one part of the circle unfinished, I step inside the circle facing where the undead creature is as I open the flask.

“Let’s hope that it’s not too hungry for Booker’s blood.” I said as I start pouring a strange fluid that looks almost like water in the middle of the circle. I see the creature hesitate on delivering the killing blow as it smells what I put on the circle. Lady luck seems to smile on my favor as the creature let’s go of Booker and runs towards the circle where I and the mysterious fluid are.

Dec 17, 2013 at 06:36AM EST

I see the Blood Corpse running towards me as everything around me slows down. When you been doing dangerous shit like this for so long you start to get use to time slowing down, especially if it gives you enough time to measure the exact distance and time to jump out of the way without getting either pierced by a blood-drinking zombie or stepping on the dust that’s suppose to keep said zombie trapped. As the undead blood junkie finally cross the unfinished part of the circle I jump back hoping that the distance was just right, it was close but not quite as right as I hoped.

The tips of the creature’s talons stab me in the abdomen, what organ(s) it hit I don’t know but at the very least I can be glad that I didn’t step on the dust. As I stand on the other side of the circle, trying my best to hold back the bleeding coming for my now damaged abdomen I take a look at the thing that stabbed me and see a look of rage and confusion on it’s twisted, decomposing face.

Poor bastard can’t tell that the dust repels the undead nor does he know that he’s now trapped by it thanks to the circle .” “By the way this a two hundred dollar shirt that you just ruined, so you better pray that your boss can pay up, other wise blood loss will be the least of your problems pal.” I said as I make my way towards Red, hoping that he has enough things to patch me up as well.

Dec 17, 2013 at 03:12PM EST

@Dio: As your fight with the Blood Corpse is finally done you check out how everyone is doing. You see Red, Jamie, and Meredith trying to treat Kintober’s injuries while Jack is trying to finish up with the circle. You also find that both Crow and Booker were injured by the undead creature along with you, but like before your body start regenerating. As you start making your way back to the group you see book just lying on the floor. The cover seems to be made of leather and it gives off a vibe of some how being ancient while still looking new.

Dec 17, 2013 at 05:56PM EST

“Circle’s done!” Jack declared “We got this bastard cornered.” Jack drew his own switchblade from one of his many pockets. “Hungry?” he asked as he stabbed into it’s jaw from below, pinning its mouth shut. Then he swept it’s legs and knocked it down. “Stay right there!” Jack seized a stanchion from a little ways down the hall and prepared to bash its head in.

Dec 18, 2013 at 03:45PM EST

OOC: @Crona: Yep you still are and your about to tend to Booker and Crow soon.

Last edited Dec 18, 2013 at 06:25PM EST
Dec 18, 2013 at 06:07PM EST

OOC: @Crona: Actually forget that last comment I made you’re done with Kintobor.

As I made my way towards Red I glance to Jack as he is readying to bash the Blood Corpse’s brain out. “Woah settle down there partner we’re all safe as long as the blood drinking zombie stays in the circle. Besides you don’t want to give the damn thing a chance to grab and drain you now don’t ya?” I finally reach to where Red, Jamie, and Meredith are. I can see that they are already finished tending to Kintobor. “Nice job there kid, got anymore cause me and Booker kinda screwed up on some parts on our zombie containment plan.”

Dec 18, 2013 at 08:44PM EST

Dio picks up the book, walks over to Crow, and places it in his hands
Dio: I think someone like you should check this out. I have no clue what the hell’s up with this book.

Dec 18, 2013 at 08:50PM EST

Sup! You must login or signup first!