Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM 2014 CALENDAR

Last posted Dec 31, 2013 at 08:55PM EST. Added Dec 12, 2013 at 03:21PM EST
99 posts from 35 users

Inspired by some comments on my merry christmas greetings [ link to comment chain in particular: https://knowyourmeme.com/comments/1147856#comment_1147856 ], I have decided to go through with an idea. An idea that has never been tried before on this site. Something that will blow your mind so hard you'd never believe it; not even in a million years. Of course I am talking about…..
a calendar.

….But not just any Calendar; specifically a KYM calendar, made by yours truly. As the months would be decorated by some lucky members of this site, while all the while remaining incognito.

Example:

There's much more to it than that (who will be in it, how I will send it to you, etc) ; but before I get into it, I need to ask a far much more important question. Does this sound like a good idea? Would you want one? Can it be done!?

Tell me what you think…i'm eager to hear it.

Well whaddya know, I was planning on making a thread just like this when I got home later today. I fully support this idea, as you can probably tell from my eagerness to show of my skinny white half-naked body.

We need twelve users who aren't afraid to show a little skin. While some people have taken pictures and then placed their avatar over it on the computer, preferably you would print off your avatar and tape it to your face. I am completely willing to purchase this for 2014; it would make for a nice Christmas gift from Know Your Meme and its community!

(Also, I already called July)

And though these pictures are probably NSFW, please don't have your nutsack hanging out or anything. Hopefully we can get some diversity going on, too, because I'm the definition of skinny white boy, and a whole calendar of skinny white boys is boring.

Alrighty, this is what we appear to have so far:
5/12 people

January: NONE
February: NONE
March: NONE
April: NONE
May: NONE
June: NONE
July: Deltamelon
August: AugustDay
September: Chef Kawisaki
October: NONE
November: NONE
December: NONE

No month chosen: Alex, thegreato

That Glaceon wrote:

Alrighty, this is what we appear to have so far:
5/12 people

March: NONE
April: NONE
June: NONE
October: NONE
November: NONE
December: NONE

No month chosen: Alex, thegreato

I'll take February (it's the month of my birthday).

Also, i'll go scouting other users to see if they want to be a part of it! People like Unraveler, RandomMan, Mr.Scratch, General Yi, Platus, etc.

thegreato wrote:

I'll take February (it's the month of my birthday).

Also, i'll go scouting other users to see if they want to be a part of it! People like Unraveler, RandomMan, Mr.Scratch, General Yi, Platus, etc.

Yeah, I actually chose July because it's my birthmonth, too. Well, that and I once believe I heard that July is the most desired month for models because of reasons; either that, or it was the complete opposite and was December. I can't remember now…

I hope to god Platus says yes. I'd be lying if I said there weren't specific people I want to be on that calendar. And I guess Alex is out. Oh well. I'll ask around too to try to find people willing.

Oh no, you guys! I was just lying back with my totally legit face and well-toned chest to have a relaxing read with one of my favourite books when some magic charlatan burst in and took a picture of me with his phone. Perhaps the result might be of some use to you:

Platus wrote:

Oh no, you guys! I was just lying back with my totally legit face and well-toned chest to have a relaxing read with one of my favourite books when some magic charlatan burst in and took a picture of me with his phone. Perhaps the result might be of some use to you:

Why you are dashing my good sir! Tell me, do you have a preference for any months in particular?
(February, July, August, September, and October are taken)

Platus, this picture may very well be too enticing. It doesn't really go with the theme we're aiming for (that is, actual users) but if we don't get the twelve people I'd definitely throw that in.

Also, as a note to everyone in a larger font so that they see it easily:
We specifically do NOT want your face to be shown. Bodies are one thing, but it's important to maintain your anonymity to an extent. Part of the fun is in using your avatar as your face.

thegreato wrote:

Why you are dashing my good sir! Tell me, do you have a preference for any months in particular?
(February, July, August, September, and October are taken)

Deltamelon may have a point, but if you want to toss me in, I'll take June.

Platus wrote:

Is this becoming a thing? A new photo fad or something?

This thing is taking off! We only have three available slots now:

March: Kung Fu Cthulhu
April: Digoxin
June: (Platus)
October: Carno/Taur
November: [Loli]amnyancat [fist-pumps internally]
December: Mike

Chef Kawasaki wrote:

Hey Delta, ya kinda skipped Greato… Didn't he call February awhile ago?

Goddammit me,

February: thegreato
November: [Loli]amnyancat

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 10:33AM EST

Alright, now that we have somebody for every month, there is one question I have:
Where do we send our photos to? In this thread, or a PM, or something else?

Also, would it be a nice idea to add the birthdays of KYM members to the calender?

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 04:39PM EST

dirudiru wrote:

Alright, now that we have somebody for every month, there is one question I have:
Where do we send our photos to? In this thread, or a PM, or something else?

Also, would it be a nice idea to add the birthdays of KYM members to the calender?

This thread is something I created so I could get working on an actual physical KYM calendar; so photos are probably going to be sent to me.

As for other things, design, what to put on it (ex: birthdays, good idea Mike), and mass production or giving only to those who want it (as well as other things) I was thinking about running by you guys. Wanted to see what everyone wants to happen.

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

I wish we could hire some kym-tan cosplayers to do a shoot. We'd be famous.

I'm going to Anime Boston for my third year this year in March of 2014 (going as "The Medic"); something could be arranged :3

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

You don't have a guy for may! Follow up question, can I be may?

Sorry man Kamikittehtfm took may :( . Tell you what though, maybe because i'm making this Calendar i'll just include a "forward" page for myself, and you can have February. Sound good?

Loli wrote:

What about a catch phrase from or for every "model"? For example: .Yeah, I am loli-con bastard.

That sounds brilliant. Accepted on the spot.

On top of that here's who has what month as of now:

Foreword: thegreato
January: TheOpt1onal (你输了比赛)
February: Sir Crona Crescent, Esquire
May: Kamikittehtfm
November: [Loli]amnyancat

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 05:44PM EST

Oh no, now I need to think of a catchphrase!? Uh, gimme a day or two to think on it…

Also, I'm not sure if I want that picture to be the one used. Maybe, maybe not. Along with catchphrases, we should include each user's name on the picture, if you weren't going to do that already.

I'm getting so hyped right now.

Deltamelon wrote:

I’m getting so hyped right now.

Dude, there will be a pic of me, almost naked, on a calendar. I can't be more excited.

Edit: Double pic for every month, people are calling for it.

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 07:59PM EST

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

Is half nakedness mandatory? How about, say, one third naked?

My thoughts on it is that it's a mock-sexy calendar, so at the very least I'd hope you wear one layer max and assume a sensual positron

Yo! You must login or signup first!