Forums / Just For Fun

328,177 total conversations in 8,687 threads

+ New Thread

Stare Kid

Last posted Nov 28, 2009 at 06:20PM EST. Added Nov 27, 2009 at 06:35PM EST
79 conversations with 17 participants

I want to see someone create a Kurt K or the Rock type exploitable with Average Joe’s pictures.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:05PM EST

That would be made of fail.
Don’t make up a meme here and then try to force it on 4chan. KYM is for observing memes, not making them up.

SRSLY.

Nov 28, 2009 at 02:25PM EST

As long as this shooping thing stays on this thread, I’ll be happy. I wouldn’t want this to explode into memedom here or anywhere else because then we’d have to cite our own site as the Origin which is one of the things this site is trying to avoid. CAMOAWAM is frowned upon.

Nov 28, 2009 at 02:27PM EST

Jostin gets it.

Starting an artice with “it was made up on know your meme and then spread to 4chan” would be lame. KYM is for analyzing and documenting existing phenomena. We don’t make them up. The main focus of this site is for cataloging and analyzing memes and figuring out why it spread. Constructing something here, and then planning on spreading it to 4chan where you hope it will catch on is just meme forcing.

Don’t create a meme on a website about memes. It’s too meta to be interesting to anyone but these forums, and it’s not something worth creating an entry for. It will be deadpooled.

On a lighter note:

This is an adorable baby kitten.

Nov 28, 2009 at 02:48PM EST

But I don’t see anything wrong with KYM in-jokes. As long as they don’t spread and such.

Unless I’m missing something.

Nov 28, 2009 at 02:51PM EST

@ Blubber

Exactly. That’s the whole thing we’re trying to avoid. Logan Zezima was interested in spreading this “in-joke” to 4chan to try to make it a meme. We’re telling him not to. There’s not much to get really.

Nov 28, 2009 at 02:56PM EST

As I guessed it’s just I’m just super tired so I might have missed something.

Nov 28, 2009 at 03:01PM EST

In-jokes are fine. But as soon as it got to “let’s spread this to /b/” it was getting out of hand.
Also, don’t go forcing the in-jokes into other meme entries. I had to delete this Stare Kid out of the “give pikachue a face” entry already. That’s tainting the sample and forcing a meme combined. Not cool.

Nov 28, 2009 at 03:09PM EST

I just wanted to see what pictures we would get, not trying to make it a meme. I see why you wouldn’t want to spread though.

Nov 28, 2009 at 06:20PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!