Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,490 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread


Thread of Opinions

Last posted Jan 03, 2014 at 12:36AM EST. Added Dec 27, 2013 at 01:04AM EST
64 posts from 35 users

This is a thread to state your thread. Links are okay.

I’ve found that funny people (Jenny Lawson, Will Ferrell) aren’t as funny on their blogs/twitter.
This thread is stupid.
I like cats

Dec 27, 2013 at 01:04AM EST
Quote

I actually didn’t give a crap about Brian and Paul Walker’s death (and i’m unsure about Nelson Mandela’s)

I SAID IT

Dec 27, 2013 at 01:13AM EST
Quote

I think Metroid Prime is the best game of the sixth generation of consoles.
Final Fantasy V has the best battle system out of all 2D Final Fantasy games.
I don’t care if people wear fedoras. (Seriously people, it’s just a hat; a piece of fabric on someone’s head. Who really gives a flying fuck?)
I think people who listen to only a select few genres of music and refuse to give any other a shot a really missing out on a lot of great music.

Dec 27, 2013 at 02:09AM EST
Quote

I think people need to always state their opinions regardless of popular opinion. Even if you are gonna receive some hate for it. Don’t be afraid to state your opinions.

Dec 27, 2013 at 02:20AM EST
Quote

1. Nothing will ever beat 1990’s WWF (or WWE, if you wanna call it that)

2. Ocarina of Time is atrociously overrated. I don’t care if it’s good.

3. Goldeneye is overrated as well.

4. Atheism is often for people that want to seem “edgy”.

5. There are a handful of dictators that are worse than Hitler.

6. Literature is not a dying medium but should definitely be embraced much more.

Dec 27, 2013 at 03:20AM EST
Quote

I hate the following on this site:

Goat-san
Super Robo Jesus
I need blood
Time to killed people
The Cheeto
x the user above you threads
Rate the user’s x above you threads
The Shitpost Thread
The Roleplaying Thread
Shitposting
Roleplaying
KYM: Just For Fun
This thread.

Dec 27, 2013 at 03:30AM EST
Quote

I hate every single one of you.

I also love many of you.

I like dogs more than cats.

Lolis, i like lolis.

I’m not sure if i like “Before My Body Is Dry”. (Lord forgive me)

I find the amount of pictures without tag, disturbing.

I hate people who doesn’t use tags.

I like Rarity.

I don’t like Weasel and his “I hate” list but i respect him anyway.

Last edited Dec 27, 2013 at 04:23AM EST
Dec 27, 2013 at 04:13AM EST
Quote

I like to have a threesome with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

Dec 27, 2013 at 04:52AM EST
Quote

All the people trying to sound so edgy around here with “I hate all of this, I hate all of that, I hate you all blah blah blah” sound so very lame to me

You know you aren’t vein and petty enough to loathe insignificant pictures and words you see on the internet. You know that 99% of what you find on the internet doesn’t make you sick to the stomach and hardly compares to the remaining 1%. You know you say “hate” with a straight pokerface. You just love being dramatic.

If you really hated with a passion then you’d get off the internet rather than leave passive aggressive notes on threads like these

Only one KYM user here hated with a true passion and that was CitationNeeded. He was the one that truly hated us all. He actually rage quitted KYM…several times. The rest of you are casual posers compared to him.

Hate is too mainstream anyway. That’s why I love you all. I’m too hipster for that crap.

Dec 27, 2013 at 05:01AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

All the people trying to sound so edgy around here with “I hate all of this, I hate all of that, I hate you all blah blah blah” sound so very lame to me

You know you aren’t vein and petty enough to loathe insignificant pictures and words you see on the internet. You know that 99% of what you find on the internet doesn’t make you sick to the stomach and hardly compares to the remaining 1%. You know you say “hate” with a straight pokerface. You just love being dramatic.

If you really hated with a passion then you’d get off the internet rather than leave passive aggressive notes on threads like these

Only one KYM user here hated with a true passion and that was CitationNeeded. He was the one that truly hated us all. He actually rage quitted KYM…several times. The rest of you are casual posers compared to him.

Hate is too mainstream anyway. That’s why I love you all. I’m too hipster for that crap.

And on that note, I leave you with another:
This thread is not just for unpopular opinions, alright?

Dec 27, 2013 at 05:04AM EST
Quote

I consider Final Fantasy 9 and 12 to be the only real “fantasy” games.

I find ferals more visually appealing than anthros.

At times I’d rather life the life of an animal than that of a human.

I think a zebra is white with black stripes.

The glass is half empty.

Abortion isn’t murder.

I view most humans the same way people view rats.

We only exist to participate in a pointless cycle of reproduction, nothing more, much less…

Love isn’t real, it’s just a fabrication created by hormones.

I don’t hate the source material of most fandoms, just its members.

I feel the world would be better off if everything reverted to it’s primal state.

The space movement is a waste of time, money, and resources, humans aren’t designed to live outside earth (or rather its conditions) for long periods of time.

Disney, at the very least, made everyone a closet furry.

Jimmy cracked corn, and I DID care.

Last edited Dec 27, 2013 at 05:47AM EST
Dec 27, 2013 at 05:32AM EST
Quote

what kind of opinion thread is this? we are mnissing something BIG and that will not stand my good ladies and gentelmen

there balance have been restored

Dec 27, 2013 at 05:33AM EST
Quote

@optional

And on that note, I leave you with another:
This thread is not just for unpopular opinions, alright?

I know. Just stating my opinion is all.

Dec 27, 2013 at 05:44AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

You know you say “hate” with a straight pokerface.

Dec 27, 2013 at 06:18AM EST
Quote

I don’t really care for any shoot em up games.

I’ve seen worse shows than The Problem Solverz.

I don’t intentionally follow politics.

Dec 27, 2013 at 03:33PM EST
Quote

Now, I know I am going to offend some majority when I say this, but…

I think that Derpy Hooves is overrated because whenever I see her, she’s either just in the background and/or doing something stupid (or both), like in that Controversial episode, and then when Bronies try to defend it by bringing up other clumsy or stupid characters (like Spongebob or Goofy etc.) I think to myself “at least they are doing something” unlike Derpy, where she hardly is doing anything useful in the show (fanfics and other fanmade things don’t count, obviously).

Last edited Dec 28, 2013 at 02:22AM EST
Dec 28, 2013 at 02:17AM EST
Quote

Kebab Removal Unit wrote:

RPGs are overrated.
i have more opinions, though you aint gonna like em

I guess you didn’t read my post.

Dec 28, 2013 at 03:22AM EST
Quote

The poor are entitled to some of the property of the rich.
COD isn’t terrible.
TheOpt1onal is an idiot for not titling this “Unpopular Opinions Thread”.

Dec 28, 2013 at 03:23AM EST
Quote

Now I don’t know why people are so damn afraid of showing unpopular opinions. People shouldn’t be afraid to let other people what they think. Heck I’ve gotten into a lot of trouble here just simply expressing my opinions, but that doesn’t stop me from being here right?

Unpopular opinions are what they are, opinions. You are free what you want to think without anyone judging you for that. People also have to understand if someone doesn’t agree with them, they gotta respect that opinion.

Dec 28, 2013 at 03:53AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

All the people trying to sound so edgy around here with “I hate all of this, I hate all of that, I hate you all blah blah blah” sound so very lame to me

You know you aren’t vein and petty enough to loathe insignificant pictures and words you see on the internet. You know that 99% of what you find on the internet doesn’t make you sick to the stomach and hardly compares to the remaining 1%. You know you say “hate” with a straight pokerface. You just love being dramatic.

If you really hated with a passion then you’d get off the internet rather than leave passive aggressive notes on threads like these

Only one KYM user here hated with a true passion and that was CitationNeeded. He was the one that truly hated us all. He actually rage quitted KYM…several times. The rest of you are casual posers compared to him.

Hate is too mainstream anyway. That’s why I love you all. I’m too hipster for that crap.

I can’t express my distaste or certain things more than the word hate without sounding like a hostile moron or an attention whore.

Hate is a lame word, swearing makes the person who said it edgier and casually saying hate is just for attention.

If I am being dramatic, I would make up a whole lot of sneaky words like you, that combinea sassy undertone that also makes it justifiable. I just enjoy expressing my opinion openly than cramming it in, it stresses me when I don’t say something for a long time. An example is Doge, I hear it too much and in too mass of a form that I want to say I hate it right in someone’s face, but I’d leave it here where it is not a big issue.

I do hate. Not to sound aggressive or edgy but to bottle out some anger I build inside. It’s a nice coping system to leave it, my opinions, on this thread.

Dec 28, 2013 at 03:57AM EST
Quote

I think gay pride parades are stupid, because all they do is confirm and promote misconceptions.
The same goes for all those stupids feminst movements. You know, the ones that want to protest against rape and discrimination by going topless.

Makes no sense to me.

Last edited Dec 28, 2013 at 08:11AM EST
Dec 28, 2013 at 08:07AM EST
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

I think gay pride parades are stupid, because all they do is confirm and promote misconceptions.
The same goes for all those stupids feminst movements. You know, the ones that want to protest against rape and discrimination by going topless.

Makes no sense to me.

well im gay and i LOVE thos things!

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:24AM EST
Quote

When you try to make a game like a movie, you lose what makes games special in the first place.

People need to learn that what they’re promoting in politics may not be working, and start trying to fix their own party rather than fixing the other.

Some people really need to accept that some people like “weird” shit.

Some people just need to accept people in general.

Some people.

Last edited Dec 28, 2013 at 12:30PM EST
Dec 28, 2013 at 12:30PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

All the people trying to sound so edgy around here with “I hate all of this, I hate all of that, I hate you all blah blah blah” sound so very lame to me

You know you aren’t vein and petty enough to loathe insignificant pictures and words you see on the internet. You know that 99% of what you find on the internet doesn’t make you sick to the stomach and hardly compares to the remaining 1%. You know you say “hate” with a straight pokerface. You just love being dramatic.

If you really hated with a passion then you’d get off the internet rather than leave passive aggressive notes on threads like these

Only one KYM user here hated with a true passion and that was CitationNeeded. He was the one that truly hated us all. He actually rage quitted KYM…several times. The rest of you are casual posers compared to him.

Hate is too mainstream anyway. That’s why I love you all. I’m too hipster for that crap.

I would have thought you to be one of those who knows the genuine extent of my hatred.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:34PM EST
Quote

YNG, The Grey wrote:

The poor are entitled to some of the property of the rich.
COD isn’t terrible.
TheOpt1onal is an idiot for not titling this “Unpopular Opinions Thread”.

I titled it this because I didn’t know everyone was gonna go unpopular. I simply wanted to know people’s opinions.

And my opinion of you right now is that you are a dick.

Dec 28, 2013 at 04:07PM EST
Quote

I hate most of the products made/owned by google (is search engine, and blogger are the only exceptions)

iOS7 is shit

Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt children.

Dec 28, 2013 at 04:54PM EST
Quote

Weasel wrote:

I hate the following on this site:

Goat-san
Super Robo Jesus
I need blood
Time to killed people
The Cheeto
x the user above you threads
Rate the user’s x above you threads
The Shitpost Thread
The Roleplaying Thread
Shitposting
Roleplaying
KYM: Just For Fun
This thread.

I second 50% of what Weasel said.

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:43PM EST
Quote

Oh hey, it’s this thread again. clears throat
Tumblr is shit.
Ponies are shit.
Windows is shit.
OS X is shit.
Television is shit.
Nationalized healthcare is shit.
Cheezburger is shit.
99% of all memes nowadays are shit.
The majority of music people listen to (regardless of release date) is shit.
Shit is shit.
And last but not least…

Basically, I’m the Squidward of Know Your Meme.

Last edited Dec 29, 2013 at 12:19AM EST
Dec 29, 2013 at 12:16AM EST
Quote

From what I can tell from this thread, it is popular to have unpopular opinions.

Dec 29, 2013 at 01:03AM EST
Quote

1. I think usual novels would be better if they have a bit of illustrations inside, not just the cover.
2. I think any form of love is okay, as long as it doesn’t hurt other people or themselves.
3. I think people should always reconsider their opinions, even if it’s a popular one.
4. I think hate is a good opinion, given that there are acceptable reasons for hating it.
5. I think there are hidden opinions on this post, since there is no “otherwise” to each opinion, except for the number 1.

Dec 29, 2013 at 01:32AM EST
Quote

@Optional

I titled it this because I didn’t know everyone was gonna go unpopular. I simply wanted to know people’s opinions.

We’re not all going specifically for “unpopular opinions”. We actually are just stating our normal opinions and it just so happens that all of our opinions are unpopular.

Like most people say: Our opinions are all shit

Though I will say that Yuusho above me has some good opinions.


@Weasel and Cale

I was talking about people who say they hate everything to try and sound cool rather than those who just want to express a distaste for a certain thing.

Those who are guilty of that, know who they are. So if you genuinely hate, then don’t feel offended by my post.


More opinions:

Most of what we say is shit is only shit to ourselves in our own individual perspective because we don’t understand it or it doesn’t coincide with our interests or beliefs. We know that we, the individual is never the final judge of what is quality and what is not. We just like saying things are shit to make ourselves feel better/stroke our ego’s and to justify our bias. Essentially, we are all up ourselves

But Windows 8 is definitely shit.

Last edited Dec 29, 2013 at 03:33AM EST
Dec 29, 2013 at 03:29AM EST
Quote

Windows 8 is definitely shit.
Minimalist is the worst and most bland-est style out there for anything, and MS are doing that to everything they own.

Dec 29, 2013 at 05:50AM EST
Quote

-I like dogs but despise cats and I think the internet needs to get the fuck over them.
-Superior Spider-man is a atrocity to the marvel universe and should be wiped of the face of the Earth but it just gets worse
-Amazing Spider-man (Film) was awful and they need to fix it or stop making them
-All but the first and newest Zelda games are awful and over-rated
-I really don’t like superman and nothing so far has convinced we yet (C’mon he beat up a man made of kryptonite)
-I will never like ponies (not even the pets of my relatives)
-Batman is good but DC/Warner Bros. relies on the franchise
-I don’t like Joss Whedon stuff (except avengers)
-AC III was awful in nearly every aspect and then AC:BF went too far with sailing
-Ice-man is the best X-Man
-Daredevil should have a good TV Series/Film (And he should have his original yelow costume for a bit

Dec 29, 2013 at 07:07PM EST
Quote

But to contribute,
I never liked Super Mario 64
Frogger 2 was fantastic
Halo is awfully over-rated
Rainbow Dash is the worst of the mane 6
and fianlly
Spongebob hasn’t died yet, it more like a zombie that’s only a head and an arm

Dec 29, 2013 at 08:29PM EST
Quote

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Why do people end questions with periods.

Because they can?

Dec 29, 2013 at 09:48PM EST
Quote

SirBrownBear wrote:

sees downvotes

It’s best not to complain, people can get suspended for that. Not exactly sure why, though. You’re just gonna have to get used to it; I get downvoted all the time, but I ignore it. It usually prevents you from giving the reaction the trolls want.

Dec 29, 2013 at 09:51PM EST
Quote

King Billy Mays wrote:

It’s best not to complain, people can get suspended for that. Not exactly sure why, though. You’re just gonna have to get used to it; I get downvoted all the time, but I ignore it. It usually prevents you from giving the reaction the trolls want.

That image was just a joke, not a serious question. I knew full and well that i’d ruffle a few feathers by posting what I did before, but i’m tired of biting my tongue in the forums in order to avoid negative karma.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:32PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

All the people trying to sound so edgy around here with “I hate all of this, I hate all of that, I hate you all blah blah blah” sound so very lame to me

You know you aren’t vein and petty enough to loathe insignificant pictures and words you see on the internet. You know that 99% of what you find on the internet doesn’t make you sick to the stomach and hardly compares to the remaining 1%. You know you say “hate” with a straight pokerface. You just love being dramatic.

If you really hated with a passion then you’d get off the internet rather than leave passive aggressive notes on threads like these

Only one KYM user here hated with a true passion and that was CitationNeeded. He was the one that truly hated us all. He actually rage quitted KYM…several times. The rest of you are casual posers compared to him.

Hate is too mainstream anyway. That’s why I love you all. I’m too hipster for that crap.

With his extraordinary stubbornness, complete disregard for site etiquette, and total lack of tact, I think one other user could be said to hate with that same intensity and passion. That vitriolic user whose posts garnered downvote after downvote, and whose sincere loathing drove everyone to match his own hositlity was a legend unlike any other in the annals of KYM’s melodramatic forum history.

I am of course talking about none other than KYM’s self-appointed “most hated user” (a title he never denied). He received a permaban for his insistence on insulting and berating others’ interests. I speak of the user who needs no introduction: thomas nair.

Do you think nair hated with the same passion as cite? because I do. I guess that’s the opinion I’m posting.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:33PM EST
Quote

Anorexia is dumb and so are the people that say they have it.

Dec 31, 2013 at 06:28PM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

Now I don’t know why people are so damn afraid of showing unpopular opinions. People shouldn’t be afraid to let other people what they think. Heck I’ve gotten into a lot of trouble here just simply expressing my opinions, but that doesn’t stop me from being here right?

Unpopular opinions are what they are, opinions. You are free what you want to think without anyone judging you for that. People also have to understand if someone doesn’t agree with them, they gotta respect that opinion.

People can judge other people based on opinions. That’s how people usually get to know each other, by learning what they think about miscellaneous things. Person A expresses an opinion; person B sizes up person A based on that opinion. Opinions are shared and judgments are made on both parts. So yeah, people are usually judged on what they say.

I really, really like opinions.

Dec 31, 2013 at 06:59PM EST
Quote

@Mack

True, Thomas Nair was pretty serious about the things he hated. I didn’t consider him though because he wasn’t known for openly hating everyone and everything. He mainly hated Halo, Bronies and Japan. There were some things he liked. He loved the WoT thread.

Also did he actually get permabanned for misbehavior? I thought he just deactivated himself. He mellowed down a lot before he left.


But on the other hand, there’s another user that I failed to consider and he hates us all more than Cite did. He still hates us too…Pyro

Pyro had a condition that was very real, but when he decided to come clean about it on the forum, he got trolled for it by Troll King and Ivan. Both claimed that Pyro was faking his condition for attention. A shitstorm ensued where people ended up believing Troll King instead despite several of our efforts to defend him.

Pyro left the forum after that incident and has held a furious grudge against KYM ever since, blaming every user for what happened. It’s been over a year, the same people that harassed him have left. He still hates everyone and wishes you all burned in hell

Dec 31, 2013 at 08:42PM EST
Quote

I kind of didn’t like Grand Theft Auto V, especially compared to other games in the series. It wasn’t that it was necessarily a bad game, it’s just that I felt absolutely overwhelmed with the ridiculous number of things to do. That, and I felt it was trying too much to be like Saints Row, instead of in reverse. This was easily the most over-the-top Grand Theft Auto EVER made, and it kind of bugged me a little bit. Trevor felt extremely out of place in the GTA universe. He felt like he belonged in Saints Row. He was a little too psychotic.

Also, GTA Online sucked hard. That is something I will not say was good. It failed to live up to pretty much everyone’s expectations, as far as I can see.

Now watch CitationNeeded come out of the woodwork to tell me I’m an idiot.

I love you Cite!


@hate

I’d have to agree with BSOD that Pyro takes the cake. Thomas Nair was a hateful little bastard, to be sure. But he hated as some sort of sick pastime. Pyro wasn’t hateful to start with. He was driven in that direction, and I talk with him to this day, almost every day. His hate for this site still burns very hotly, months later. It’s kind of heart breaking, to be honest with you. I would say that it isn’t fair that he hates the entire community for what a handful of users did to him, but that doesn’t mean his hatred isn’t genuine.

Also, we’re forgetting about X. He hates KYM too, AFAIK.

Last edited Dec 31, 2013 at 09:38PM EST
Dec 31, 2013 at 09:08PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!