Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Happy New Years 2014!

Last posted Jan 01, 2014 at 09:05AM EST. Added Dec 31, 2013 at 08:29AM EST
25 posts from 20 users

G'Day from the Land down Under (which is where I live)

I would've waited 'til 12:00 but I'm too tired and can't be bothered to wait 30 minutes.

What are you hoping to do in the coming year?

As of now, it's 4:03pm on the east coast of the US.

I'm just trying to continue getting job experience, figure out what I want to do for a career, net my first ever raise during the summer, get better at handling this adult stuff (e.g., bills, loan payments, apartment hunting and negotiations, etc.)

More immediately, I get this week off since the university I work at is closed, I'm cleaning my apartment for a new year's party with a few friends, and I'm going to try to break into some voiceover work.

I've also got a pass to DragonCon in Atlanta later in the summer, so I'll be going to that. Hopefully, I can make some friends who'd appreciate such an event to hang out with there. I'll try to find a church, continue reading some books in the social sciences, and take a drama class or two (for the voice work). I also want to get a cat, but I have to see if I can easily afford it. And finally, I hope to have some friends from other parts of the state come visit me (or me go visit them.) One of the things I've always been happy about is that the friends I've had in college and high school are still good friends with me now.

With the above said, I don't like to make new year's resolutions, but I should continue to expand my network of friends. In grad school, I just stayed to myself, and I don't want to make that same mistake here.

What are you hoping to do in the coming year?

I don't make new years resolutions. To me they sound like a jinx that ensures you will fail to reach a goal.

But while 2013 was a good year for me, it's also the year I fattened up and 3 pairs of my skinny-ass-bastard jeans stopped fitting. Yes, I officially upgraded from scrawny to normal. Therefor my goal for 2014 is to axe all the burgers and slim back down so I can use those pants again

Happy New Year everyone! Mine already got here long ago, but it's still the first of January here.
I hope we have a great year this time, and less advice animals.
I don't have much plans for this year, except for the Otaku Dinner Date with KYM-tan on Valentines (just for the lulz).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!